Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photobucket just deleted;

Sold it to Bob for $700

-Alex
OMG that was a great price for that kind of beam !

Well, yeah! I would too. You are so untrustwothy, Alex. Everyone knows it. :tinfoil:
LOL too funny ! Yes of course everybody knows that ! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

And Lifetime grinning from ear to ear. He loves the labby. :D
I bet after getting 2.6 watts of 532 with great beam specs for only $700 I would be to !

maybe it had nothing to do with trust?
I guess that just leaves everyone not involved with the inner working of the transaction to guessing as to the why of it after reading about the details of the out of the way shipping route the laser took in a open post in this thread ? Maybe the shipping details shouldn't have been posted if it was a no question asked type of transaction ?

Just a thought......

Last edited:

I bet after getting 2.6 watts of 532 with great beam specs for only $700 I would be to !

Lifetime isn't the one who bought the laser from me, he is only testing it for Bob, getting a couple beamshots(I suppose) then sending it back to BobMc who is the final owner of this laser.

Although if I were a middleman and had a near 3W labby for 1 night I'd be taking tons of beamshots too :p

-Alex

Lifetime isn't the one who bought the laser from me, he is only testing it for Bob, getting a couple beamshots(I suppose) then sending it back to BobMc who is the final owner of this laser.

Although if I were a middleman and had a near 3W labby for 1 night I'd be taking tons of beamshots too :p

-Alex
Heck yes ! Who wouldn't "accidentally" let the laser fall out of the box and somehow turn on, I mean accidents do happen and we are talking about 2.6 watts of 532 after all ! lol

Seriously who wouldn't jump at the chance to see that kind of beam in person shot up into the night sky !!! OMG It must really be something to see !!!

Sorry if my inner geek was showing there for a minute.......

Last edited:

BobMc

I am seriously hoping that Lifetime does get a chance to get some night time beam shots. I won't be home for another month or so so knowing it was there would have killed me. This way the laser gets tested and will be shipped to me with my monthly "goodie bag" I get from Lifetime every time I come home. ( it's been that way for the past year or so. )

So if I can, and I going to beg/bribe/cry/dance whatever it takes to see if we can get some beamshot so I don't have wait till I get home.

@Acc, it already "fell out of the box". Hap must not have packaged it so well. :crackup:

Seriously though, Lifetime LPM'd already and I told him to enjoy it awhile and send it to me with my other builds/purchases when it's time. So everything's good and everyone's happy. And I'm one 2.6 watt 532 labby richer. :)

Will do a review on it ( including beam shots) when I get the time and update my collection thread with this purchase and a couple more I've got in the works.

I know it's terrible having to wait but I've got to earn my penny's so I can buy more lasers next month. :D

I am seriously hoping that Lifetime does get a chance to get some night time beam shots. I won't be home for another month or so so knowing it was there would have killed me. This way the laser gets tested and will be shipped to me with my monthly "goodie bag" I get from Lifetime every time I come home. ( it's been that way for the past year or so. )

So if I can, and I going to beg/bribe/cry/dance whatever it takes to see if we can get some beamshot so I don't have wait till I get home.

@Acc, it already "fell out of the box". Hap must not have packaged it so well. :crackup:

Seriously though, Lifetime LPM'd already and I told him to enjoy it awhile and send it to me with my other builds/purchases when it's time. So everything's good and everyone's happy. And I'm one 2.6 watt 532 labby richer. :)

Will do a review on it ( including beam shots) when I get the time and update my collection thread with this purchase and a couple more I've got in the works.

I know it's terrible having to wait but I've got to earn my penny's so I can buy more lasers next month. :D
I hope in the hopefully not to distant future that a 3 watt green diode with workable beam specs can be had for the same price as my 44 cost me, I'm not going to truly dive into the green diode pool until I can get a dangerous one at a good price, And the more dangerous the better......

Troll Disclaimer - And by dangerous I mean dangerous IF handled incorrectly AND only dangerous to me.......

Last edited:

BobMc

I hope in the hopefully not to distant future that a 3 watt green diode with workable beam specs can be had for the same price as my 44 cost me, I'm not going to truly dive into the green diode pool until I can get a dangerous one at a good price, And the more dangerous the better......

Troll Disclaimer - And by dangerous I mean dangerous IF handled incorrectly AND only dangerous to me.......

May the "Gods of the diodes" look fondly on your dream. :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
All this talk of Haps 532nm labby makes me want to break out my old Goldenstar 532nm and see if I can still coax 3W out of it. :D
It's been a long while, it would be interesting to see how it holds up power wise after sitting unused, although it's been stored in a humidity controlled safe.

Hi Folks.
Ok Its raining here on the East Coast thats why no Beam Shots but when it clears you will have them. Man this Labby is really sick the WL is awesome and talk about bright i have no words for it. He He and its mine for a short while TY Bob :na::crackup: Hope you get home soon buddy to enjoy this great WL.
Oh and to the others well i Blackmailed Bob just to get my hands on it to play thats why he had me as a middleman. Just Kidding guys !!!!

Rich:)

BobMc

All this talk of Haps 532nm labby makes me want to break out my old Goldenstar 532nm and see if I can still coax 3W out of it. :D
It's been a long while, it would be interesting to see how it holds up power wise after sitting unused, although it's been stored in a humidity controlled safe.

Would love to compare some beam shots with you Bowtie? That would be so cool to compare to two 532's :thinking:

Hi Folks.
Ok Its raining here on the East Coast thats why no Beam Shots but when it clears you will have them. Man this Labby is really sick the WL is awesome and talk about bright i have no words for it. He He and its mine for a short while TY Bob :na::crackup: Hope you get home soon buddy to enjoy this great WL.
Oh and to the others well i Blackmailed Bob just to get my hands on it to play thats why he had me as a middleman. Just Kidding guys !!!!

Rich:)

:crackup: that too funny Rich! Oh, come on, you weren't suppose to tell anybody! :crackup: :D

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Would love to compare some beam shots with you Bowtie? That would be so cool to compare to two 532's :thinking:

I'd love to do that Bob, I had some beam shots of my 532nm labby in this thread, "http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/goldenstar-laser-1-5w-532nm-lab-laser-90051.html", but unfortunately I'm an (ex) Photobucket user, and they're gone for now, however I'll try and get them replaced tonight.
I'm going to try and reload my photos to at least one build or review thread per day, yesterday I did my J/L 465nm mini review thread.

EDIT: My Goldenstar 532nm lab laser thread has been updated, and the photos are back, courtesy of Imgur. :yh:

Last edited:
Oh man does everyone around here have a 3W 532nm labby but me ? lol

I'd love to do that Bob, I had some beam shots of my 532nm labby in this thread, "http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/goldenstar-laser-1-5w-532nm-lab-laser-90051.html", but unfortunately I'm an (ex) Photobucket user, and they're gone for now, however I'll try and get them replaced tonight.
I'm going to try and reload my photos to at least one build or review thread per day, yesterday I did my J/L 465nm mini review thread.
You should still have access to all your pictures you have on photobucket but you just can't link to them anymore ?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, you still have access to them, but you have to download them and use another site; it can be done, it's just a slow process, at least for me.

BobMc

I'm in the same boat, been using photobucket since I've been a member here. That's a lot of pictures to re-post. No fun. :(

I won't have any beams shots for a month or so, so don't be in a hurry. Still trying to figure out my new camera (think I'm camera challenged) but I'd like to get some really nice beam shots of the 2.6 watter. :)

Yeah, you still have access to them, but you have to download them and use another site; it can be done, it's just a slow process, at least for me.

I've tried to get my photos back off of photobucket but couldn't figure it out. Tried to cut/paste and drag to my computer nothing. Even tried to email them to myself but no joy. How have you been able to get your photos back off their site.? Thanks.

Edit; nice review on your 532 labby. A 100% over specked, that's just awesome. :)

Bummer about the pictures photobucket should be tar and feathered. :D

Last edited:
It's a slow process for me as well, Dam Them !

I've tried to get my photos back off of photobucket but couldn't figure it out. Tried to cut/paste and drag to my computer nothing. Even tried to email them to myself but no joy. How have you been able to get your photos back off their site.? Thanks.
You can only download your photos one directory at a time, So click on one of your photobucket picture directories and once your in the directory look over to the right and down a bit and you should see some options and one of them will be download, Click that and a capcha window will pop up making you check a box saying your not a robot, After that another window should pop up saying a link will be sent to your e-mail address with a link to download that directory of pictures when that directory is ready to downloading and you don't have to wait for the link to pop up on that window and you can close that window OR you can just wait on that windows for the download link to pop up when the directory is ready to download.

You have to do that with every directory you've made in your "bucket" for your pictures......

And i'll be dammed if I didn't make a ton of directories to try and keep all my pictures more organized and make it easier to find a picture down the road, Way to go me !

Last edited:

diachi

I'm giving them a try right now, I've taken a bunch of new pics of a new build that I'm going to post soon. So far it seems pretty straight forward, just trying familiarize myself with the details.

I'm having a bit of trouble loading pics from my phones photo gallery with their mobile app though.
I think I have to touch on the "camera" icon at the bottom center of the page so that it can have access to my gallery photos.
I haven't done that yet since it says it wants access to all my gallery pics, I was hoping I could just load the pics that I was going to use at that particular time.

That's correct, you tap the camera icon and it brings up your gallery, from there you can upload multiple pictures.

Couldn't see any edit functionality on the app unfortunately. :(

You can also share the pictures directly from your gallery. For a single picture you just open it and then hit share, then pick Imgur. For a bunch of pictures you "long tap" one picture in the album, then you can select multiple images. Once you've done that you can select share, then Imgur and all of the images you selected will show up in the Imgur app for you to upload. :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Bob, I've been able to get my photos a couple of ways. What I did yesterday to get my "J/L mini" thread pics was to find my pics in my Photobucket library, then click on them so they come up on the edit, or upload page, or whatever it's called, then I right clicked on the pic, and selected "save picture as".
I then gave it a name or number that I could identify it with, and then saved it to my pictures.

Since I'm going to try Imgur, I brought up their site, and there is a place to either drag and drop your pic, or use the url, I just dragged the pic symbol over to Imgur and bingo.
You shouldn't need to do any more editing, since it's already sized ready to go from Photobucket.

The biggest hassle for me was to remember which pic went where, and not to mix them up, since as soon as you delete the original P/B info from your post, it's hard to recall exactly what was there, especially if it's an old post, or there are many pics.

Edit - Damn, looks like everyone beat me to it again!

Last edited: