Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pete's favorite color is green:)

Pman

Here's the shots of all my 510-520nm greens other than ones that only have a momentary switch. You can see the the 405nm here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/petes-sake-s-lot-purple-pete-98331.html
and the 445-473nm+ here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/pet-s-got-blues-98332.html#post1438419

Starting on top 410 to the 1.5W peak 520nm:
OhtdQV.jpg

YlR8bj.jpg

K0MGzK.jpg

dLorm8.jpg

YD8Ved.jpg

tBZWfb.jpg

RujnDi.jpg

ZGDHiZ.jpg

et9GF2.jpg

I will be adding all my 532nm that have an on switch also but probably not til tomorrow.

OK, it's tomorrow today so here we go with the 532nm as promised. Again these are the ones that have a constant on as there are a whole lot more that have momentary switches that will not be shown. I had to group them somehow as there are just so many of them.

What I want you to notice with 532nm is the yellow. There's a yellow component to a 532nm that you don't see with the 510-520nm. With the 510-520 you see a blue component. You can also sometimes notice a beam here and there that looks a little different than others.
The outputs are all measured with their IR as that's the way almost all 532nm come. A little green goes a long way.
First group of 30mW to just over 100mW:
w4D01p.jpg

K2bZXl.jpg

WrQFmC.jpg

DrES3l.jpg

AqbxhT.jpg

2gQJ14.jpg

ilrUlZ.jpg

JbGKKK.jpg

Zh9sNV.jpg

Next grouping are all under 80mW. Yes there's fog in all the pics but to keep everything consistent but you just don't need it;)
Okz2fb.jpg

SHs5Bd.jpg

Voswu4.jpg

kOj28d.jpg

WZ1qIq.jpg

q2EBId.jpg

SRZauh.jpg

UVW338.jpg

dVv2QK.jpg

KRxcRe.jpg

pThEHP.jpg

uPCu8q.jpg

These are 80-99mW:
Zw9xU3.jpg

WiZ1HF.jpg

CyzDcw.jpg

mDoDz6.jpg

ly3rNc.jpg

CyjKqy.jpg

c430bd.jpg

R7qvea.jpg

3vd9xq.jpg

100mW to 156mW:
aQKcGf.jpg

aGqyMi.jpg

hyvU3Q.jpg

ARtZ1C.jpg

TBvbLk.jpg

3bsEyJ.jpg

K6KtC9.jpg

3 class 4. I know what you are thinking, only 3 class 4 532nm lol
Gb9CSO.jpg

z9eq4G.jpg

oXGt05.jpg

9ZVl1L.jpg

O5EnrX.jpg

Ze6xFJ.jpg

tLUl9B.jpg

sUIAgH.jpg

0YBeFv.jpg

Not a single unit blew by the way and a lot of them were adjusted for max output before I built them;)
That's it for the greens but I will work on the 635nm-685nm next and then figure out how I'm going to do the 589nm rainbow stuff. So, expect the red section to have a new thread this morning:)

I may look over my other 510-520nm that only have momentary switches to see if I can add those pics to the others as it would be nice to see more of those. May have to hold them in my hands or maybe try some kind of clip.

Last edited:

Pman

I took all of the 532nm pics and I have them in groupings but it's too much right now to post them so remember to check back here tomorrow as if I have my way I'm going to post all of those, do the 589nm, 635-638, 650-660 and 685nm. I'll probably take one of each of my wavelengths and put them in order around the 589nm so it won't be all lonesome. It would be better if they were all around the same brightness. I'll have to see what I can come up with. Should look really nice since that will be the rainbow shots. Too bad I don't have a 594 or a 488nm. I'll have to check in and see what's going on with that 488nm.
Again, thanks a bunch. As always, I'm trying to do what I can to keep the forum interesting and maybe inspire some to hang around.

Last edited:

BobMc

Wow! Those are some awesome shot! ( beam and not bean). Heee! Those shots made my night and your blue beam shot also they look fantisic !��

Gabe

Goodness gracious, gorgeous pics. I feel gifted to catch a glimpse of such a gratuitously ginormous gathering of green! I'm glad a guy as great as Pete goes out of his way to grab these glances of such a gargantuan and gloriously glowing galaxy-like gang of gregarious green lasers.
-Gabe

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
I don't think you meant to say gratuitously. Gratuitous means without meaning or unnecessary. Like gratuitous $ex in a movie is there for no other reason to titillate the viewer and has no meaning to the story and is unnecessary for the plot.

Gabe

I don't think you meant to say gratuitously. Gratuitous means without meaning or unnecessary. Like gratuitous $ex in a movie is there for no other reason to titillate the viewer and has no meaning to the story and is unnecessary for the plot.

Do you really think the extent of Pete's collection is necessary? "Well I already have 10 green lasers, might as well make it 50". That collection of excess lasers just 'cause allows for the (not negatively defined) use of gratuitous in my books :)

Sorry, I use Webster's unabridged dictionary as my source and they have no good interpretation for that word.

Gabe

No worries, you're still entirely right. I just want to stress that I didn't mean intend the negative connotation that gratuitous has. The sheer size of Pman's collection is what makes it one of the best around!

I agree. He has one of the most extensive collections of hand held lasers I've ever seen. It is a real treat to see them all at one time. :)

Those look good, I still love the 532's but I must say those directs look really good. :)

GSS

Wow what a commitment, this is great stuff. Its so funny how your using your whole house for all the different wavelength's. You have all the house angles down pat;)
Be prepared to ask many questions as to where you got your hosts as many are already asking:)
You had told me before but can't remember but what got you started and what was your first laser?

Last edited:

Pman

That second in going from left to right on the last pic is a 520nm. You can see what I mean when I show them together now as you never quite know what shade of green you are going to get. That was the major point of taking the pics although the beams look pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Today I'm going to get all the rest done which includes posting all the 532nm in about an hour.
First laser was a radio shack <5mW red which I still have although it doesn't work anymore. My father bought it when it came out forever ago.
As far as what got me started at the moment I cant remember exactly although I know it had to do with seeing an actual 532nm that you could actually see the beam with.
Hang onto hats while I get the 532nm put up as it's going to be a LOT of pics.

532nm are up:)

Just took all the rest of the pics so the next section will be 589nm, 635-638-685 and then rainbow.

Last edited: