Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Personally Designed Host Build Thread

I am going to wait until someone else has them though I think. Simply because I want to know how beam specs are and what powers to run it at. Somehow I still lack a bench supply lol.

Ah...yes....I agree.....I am hopeful the divergence on the 462's will be similar to the M140...so....just a G2....and out the door !!!

See this Bench Supply....I have one...works great....Looked good on the O-Scope...Good price !!!

Amazon.com: Digital 0-30V 0-5A Variable Lab Precision DC Power Supply AC Input 110v Converter Soldering Station Electric Equipment Unit for Electronic Scientific Automotive: Industrial & Scientific

Lite'em Up CDBEAM=======>

IsaacT

The 462 is built! Once I get pictures I will update the thread again. Let's just say I love this laser. It is very VERY close to my memory of 473. I am driving it at 2.2A and using a 3-element lens at the moment.

The 462 is built! Once I get pictures I will update the thread again. Let's just say I love this laser. It is very VERY close to my memory of 473. I am driving it at 2.2A and using a 3-element lens at the moment.

So very glad to hear that and look forward to seeing the pictures.:)

Mine turned up in the mail today so i really need to finish drawing up my new design for a custom made host and email it to sinner to get it made!

Wmacky

The angel eye switch is just perfect, though I perfer latching. I hope you don't mind if others borrow! I wonder why everyones all about the rear clickys? I find them fustrating to use. Is there some major engnerring issues with side clickys?

I want to built a 5 watter with this side clicky, and a rear keyed switch that turns on the side clicky light for easy operation at night?

This host ranks high on my list of hosts that I would like to have back.

IsaacT

The angel eye switch is just perfect, though I perfer latching. I hope you don't mind if others borrow! I wonder why everyones all about the rear clickys? I find them fustrating to use. Is there some major engnerring issues with side clickys?

I want to built a 5 watter with this side clicky, and a rear keyed switch that turns on the side clicky light for easy operation at night?

The only thing I ask is that people do not replicate the host. The ideas, the use of side click, anything like that is fair game though.

The big issue with side clickies are two fold:
1. The latching versions are too long for use in normal handhelds.
2. They typically have lower amp ratings. IE - you could burn it out with too much current.

@Ehgemus: I love this thing so much. Its just so classy :)

Zar

omg wow that is so beautiful, I love the button design, I will probably get something very similar but with little more surface area for the heat sink, this is so much better than flashlight clicky button in the back (in my opinion)

IsaacT

I'm glad you like it! It is definitely a centerpiece in my collection!

Zar

if I had it I would go to bed with it and never put it down hahah
I will try to get the entire thing once people help me with my build before I go to africa,
I will be volunteering there this summer, dental trip, would be awesome to show it off to the kids

can you tell me where you got the lazeer driver for it? I can't seem to find where to get it, I also plan on running it 2.5-2.6 A, hopefully it doesn't fight back!

how much power you lose by using 3 element lens instead of G2?

IsaacT

I purchased the diode and driver from DTR. The G lens would give me 30% more power.

Zar

its possible to crank up the current on that driver DTR offers? how? sorry i am such a noob