Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Our NUMB12 parcel from OpticsLD arrived today purchased at the start of February on Aliexpress..
"NICHIA NUMB12 465nm 8.3W 525nm 4.8W 643nm 10W" that to my surprise was shipped.
But it looks weird..I haven't seen a NUMB12 in person, but I got a bad vibe that this ain't it.
Looks a lot like a Chinese AA battery.
Careful with "OpticsLD" and he ain't a small seller on eBay & Aliexpress, so Im quite surprised to see this thieving-level from him.

GOqtP2o.jpgpRdhuvq.jpg

Ricker

Lol are you serious?? If so contact them immediately and let us know how it goes.

Holy crap! I've purchased from him several times on both ebay and aliexpress without issue so this is very surprising

I've received the wrong laser diode from OpticsLD in the past, but never anything like this.

IDK. I don't think I'd touch it. You will likely be made to return it...even though it would seem evident it was sent as a scam.

Is the battery at least fully charged?
That is the exact same question my girl asked and I had no idea as I was so gobsmacked / puzzled to see that single chinese AA-battery in the package looking back at me, that I didn't want anything to do with it.
I have checked the battery... yes 1.56V ;) (Winner winner chicken dinner :cautious:)

//
Have talked with the seller "OpticsLD Store" he excuses himself with the fact that the item [NUMB12 RGB) wasn't in stock and claims that he had to ship something to not get penalized and it was down to a mishap at the Chinese shipping terminal that the parcel even left China when containing an AA battery.. usually, it will just be returned to the shipper and he could then claim that the parcel came back to him etc and he wouldn't get the penalty for "no shipment".
- Aliexpress doesn't like it, if the seller doesn't ship a purchased item, and shipping deadline equals cancellation of the order.. this scenario will hurt the seller's "store rep" (whatever that means)

- why some sellers on Aliexpress, will either cheat with tracking.. put somebody else's tracking in as yours even though nothing has been shipped - or like in my case, ship something of close to no value, which is a very unpleasant experience to find yourself in - as you then have to convince Aliexpress or Paypal that you haven't gotten your item, even though the package is clearly delivered (signed for) and its all down to your word' that the purchased item wasn't in the parcel and it instead contains something of no value. (unpleasant situation to find yourself in)

OpticsLD explains that the reason for the 1x AA battery was to "bounce" the parcel inside the local shipping terminal.
- it wasn't intended that it should have left China, as usually the parcel is X-ray scanned for export and battery gives an error if it ain't declared/shipped as such, to the point that the parcel gonna be returned to sender.

OpticsLD's reply.

OpticsLD:
Hi Jakob, We are not a thief. this diode is out of stock. We tried to cancel the order but couldn't, only buyers can cancel the order at their end. In this case, we have to send out a parcel. Normally, only a battery in the parcel, the parcel would be returned. But this parcel was sent out successfully. We are not meant to take the money you paid, the money will be fully refunded.

And when we have NUMB12 diode in stock, I will inform you

Is OpticsLD a subsidiary of another seller? according to him it sounds like we have done business in the past, in one of his replies, but I looked it up and haven't traded with OpticsLD on Aliexpress before, and also don't recall on eBay, so I wonder if he got other store names?
Don't think it is one of Techhood or Ringo's secondary sale-channels, even though they have quite a few' to the point that it can be a task keeping track of them all.
Techhood on the other hand been a joy to deal with for like 10 to 15 years...sure he makes mistakes, but in those cases, they handled it in a good honest manner and often mistakes like he is confused and has too many irons in the fire, then actual bad intent...

I have disputed the NUMB12 order with the "Items Missing" option, but it seems the dispute went directly to the Aliexpress dispute team, and not to the seller, like it usually tends to do, where the seller then gets some days to reply, but not in this case.

I dont know if it's just an excuse with the battery to fit with the narrative.. at the end of the day he had many weeks to contact me and explain it, the moment he realized that his "single fAA battery parcel" was in fact on the way to me... he didn't...I got no warning whatsoever.
Instead, I have to go through all this Aliexpress hassle and put my faith in that Aliexpress dispute case manager, can see the writing on the wall or can read my messages (PM) where OpticsLD explains himself.
Not impressed by this OpticsLD seller..

Last edited:
That is the exact same question my girl asked and I had no idea as I was so gobsmacked / puzzled to see that single chinese AA-battery in the package looking back at me, that I didn't want anything to do with it.
I have checked the battery... yes 1.56V ;) (Winner winner chicken dinner :cautious:)

//
Have talked with the seller "OpticsLD Store" he excuses himself with the fact that the item [NUMB12 RGB) wasn't in stock and claims that he had to ship something to not get penalized and it was down to a mishap at the Chinese shipping terminal that the parcel even left China when containing an AA battery.. usually, it will just be returned to the shipper and he could then claim that the parcel came back to him etc and he wouldn't get the penalty for "no shipment".
- Aliexpress doesn't like it, if the seller doesn't ship a purchased item, and shipping deadline equals cancellation of the order.. this scenario will hurt the seller's "store rep" (whatever that means)

- why some sellers on Aliexpress, will either cheat with tracking.. put somebody else's tracking in as yours even though nothing has been shipped - or like in my case, ship something of close to no value, which is a very unpleasant experience to find yourself in - as you then have to convince Aliexpress or Paypal that you haven't gotten your item, even though the package is clearly delivered (signed for) and its all down to your word' that the purchased item wasn't in the parcel and it instead contains something of no value. (unpleasant situation to find yourself in)

OpticsLD explains that the reason for the 1x AA battery was to "bounce" the parcel inside the local shipping terminal.
- it wasn't intended that it should have left China, as usually the parcel is X-ray scanned for export and battery gives an error if it ain't declared/shipped as such, to the point that the parcel gonna be returned to sender.

OpticsLD's reply.

Is OpticsLD a subsidiary of another seller? according to him it sounds like we have done business in the past, in one of his replies, but I looked it up and haven't traded with OpticsLD on Aliexpress before, and also don't recall on eBay, so I wonder if he got other store names?
Don't think it is one of Techhood or Ringo's secondary sale-channels, even though they have quite a few' to the point that it can be a task keeping track of them all.
Techhood on the other hand been a joy to deal with for like 10 to 15 years...sure he makes mistakes, but in those cases, they handled it in a good honest manner and often mistakes like he is confused and has too many irons in the fire, then actual bad intent...

I have disputed the NUMB12 order with the "Items Missing" option, but it seems the dispute went directly to the Aliexpress dispute team, and not to the seller, like it usually tends to do, where the seller then gets some days to reply, but not in this case.

I dont know if it's just an excuse with the battery to fit with the narrative.. at the end of the day he had many weeks to contact me and explain it, the moment he realized that his "single fAA battery parcel" was in fact on the way to me... he didn't...I got no warning whatsoever.
Instead, I have to go through all this Aliexpress hassle and put my faith in that Aliexpress dispute case manager, can see the writing on the wall or can read my messages (PM) where OpticsLD explains himself.
Not impressed by this OpticsLD seller..
I think OpticsLD is under LaserTree by I could be mistaken.