Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Fari

Has anyone not received the mentioned "591nm" modules from ebay? I ordered a 591nm laser and 2 modules. To my disappointment, the tracking shows that after 4-6 days they were returned to the sender but other items were shipped without problems. Honestly, I don't know what to do now

Has anyone not received the mentioned "591nm" modules from ebay? I ordered a 591nm laser and 2 modules. To my disappointment, the tracking shows that after 4-6 days they were returned to the sender but other items were shipped without problems. Honestly, I don't know what to do now
The Chinese just came back from their "Labor Day" holiday. I would imagine that things will ship soon.

Randomly saw this, thought of y'all:
Perkins Elmer Optima 4300 DV spectrometer in Tuscaloosa, AL. Auction ends in 7 days. As-is. I'm not affiliated, and I'm also not bidding.

I like odd ball stuff like this, its a shame it isn't a shorter wavelength red. Back in the days of DVD burners you would be a king with this bad boy.

I like odd ball stuff like this, its a shame it isn't a shorter wavelength red. Back in the days of DVD burners you would be a king with this bad boy.

These C mount diodes have been available for a long time. I wonder how this seller just came into possession of them now. I suppose he could of had them for years in his stock trying only now to move them.

I ordered these switches from AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801519104913.html

However, I was sent latching switches so I proceeded to return them because I need momentary ones like they were advertised as. AliExpress provided a return shipping label which I used to return the item to some little warehouse in the middle of Kansas. I go to check the tracking on the USPS website and it shows me this:

1683819203870.png

Nice play, China! Good thing I used PayPal and I'll get my money back one way or another.

I ordered these switches from AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801519104913.html

However, I was sent latching switches so I proceeded to return them because I need momentary ones like they were advertised as. AliExpress provided a return shipping label which I used to return the item to some little warehouse in the middle of Kansas. I go to check the tracking on the USPS website and it shows me this:

View attachment 76153

Nice play, China! Good thing I used PayPal and I'll get my money back one way or another.

Yeah, I've always used PayPal when making payments to any Chinese company I don't know very well. Your situation doesn't surprise me at all as there are fraudulent players on AliExpress.

I would love to expand my HeNe collection beyond just red and green but I haven't got that kind of money to drop on a HeNe. If it were orange 612nm maybe, still a bit much

FYI I reached out to techood about the 425s. Apparently there was a shipping delay from the manufacturer to them and they will start shipping on 5/25.

FYI I reached out to techood about the 425s. Apparently there was a shipping delay from the manufacturer to them and they will start shipping on 5/25.

I know you like to collect unusual wavelengths, but this one seems to not be that rare to me. Why did you want this one over others that are more rare? I used to have a really great relationship with techhood and got many unusual diodes from them, but this one doesn't seem that unusual.

True, I could have spent another $500 on a topgan diode, I guess. The reason these are so interesting to me is because I have already spent so much on the topgan diodes. 430nm just looks slightly off from a typical 445, and 417nm just looks slightly off from a typical 405, I would like to try to get something in between. Is this 420-430 range another one of those rapid color transitions like 485-495 and 610-620 are? I'm really interested to know and I'm glad to have a much cheaper source

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I've viewed 425nm with a monochromator from a spectrophotometer and found it to be a sweet spot between the purplish blue of 445nm and the violet of 405nm. There is a small window of around only around 2nm either side where I could notice enough discernible difference. But this is my own personal perception.

The 425nm diode has arrived! At threshold its 422nm and at 300mW its 424nm. Between my 417nm and 450nm lasers it's a little closer to the 417nm in terms of color but it's still a good middle ground. The camera on my phone doesn't do a good job of showing the color differences but if I figure it out I'll post some pictures