Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

The photo he shows on his ebay page does not look representative of a new block to me, there are small scratches or marks on it, plus a bit of dust. Yet, the listing says new.

Says more than 10 available so the unit in the pic is likely not the exact unit you will get.........message the seller and ask why they have the pc board, could be removed from new equipment at the factory for some reason.........or you could pay 2X as much for a clean pin unit.

Last edited:
I scored one at a bargain from a guy stationed in S.Korea who bought it at an electronics swap meet, the beams line up pretty well and the focus is pretty good for what it is, but I suppose some of it is luck of the draw.

The pic through safety glasses is @ 15 feet, that's the raw output.......sadly the 07's I have had don't produce anywhere near as small of a bar at distance through the factory Gball lens as it's set up.

SANY5199.JPGSANY5186.JPG

Great, that is the nicest wavelength, too bad when de-canning them their lives are shortened, but it doesn't appear you ever did that and they do appear to line up better than many of those bars do. I recently purchased two single diodes, they just came in the mail a few days ago, coincidentally. Well, maybe not so much, I did bring them up :)

Only one remains, he might have more stock, I don't know. https://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-5000mW...m-638nm-450nm-Laser-Analogue-TTL/264729614741

3-B97-C959-40-A3-4-CB1-9965-27-C42-EC308-D5.jpg
42-E6990-B-1438-4-FFD-93-CB-D9-EA84649-B42.jpg
9-DF44-BDA-0637-46-E4-AE05-B28-B3-E0-E63-E7.jpg
1-BCD9990-B287-4-EC3-A12-F-AEEE145-C1401.jpg

Their 1.0 mRad specification was not what I found, depending upon which side you measured, at 19 meters the divergence of the beam was measured to be from 1.7 to 2.4 mRad, some interpretation though, as the beam has artifacts which are wider.

This is about 7 meters, too much power to see more than white and my laser goggles will not attenuate it enough to stop my camera from being overpowered to see the alignment either. Tomorrow I hope to have a 20 meter indoor beam shot and look at the spot. One thing you can clearly see is how blue tinted it is.

[

Edit: I pointed the beam at the back side of my LPM thermopile which is black, I could see the three colors then, so it does separate and I am sure, after 30 meters, substantially.

I just took a photo of the beam spread out a couple of feet on a door 20 feet away to see how they aligned the colors which look white when it is set to infinity focus.

Last edited:
That's not bad although I do see a little blue outside the green/red core in the beam in the near field, but for the price it's not bad.....actually the green laser is often rotated 90 degrees so it's wide side is with blue and red narrow side to make a more square beam, that's how they set up my 2.5W RGB and my 1W RGB......actually the green isn't corrected so .....with the blue and red corrected you wont see the " flip " so as the green isn't corrected and is no doubt MM that's why we see the blue outside the core beam in the near field.....in the mid and far field they should all line up pretty good at least to our eye, so they rotated the green so the beam width would match the corrected red/blue better after 8-10 feet, after the " flip " of the green beam.

The beam shape of these MM diodes appears to flip in the 1st 8-10 feet ( when focused to infinity ) because the fast axis outruns the slow, you can aim a ndb7875/7A75 or ndg7475 ( focused to infinity ) at a distance spot and if you find the narrow side of the beam ( by rotating ) when looking down at the beam in front of you then you will notice the far field spot is wide ( horizontal bar ) and if you rotate 90 degrees you will see the wide part of the beam right in front of you looking down at it and the far field spot will look narrow ( vertical bar ).....I always set my homemade labbys up so the wide is showing near me and the far field is tight as this looks better IMHO

Last edited:
There will be some undesirables with the beam of a MM diode laser combined or not at this amount of power, but for what it is, it's entirely acceptable to me, I'm very pleased with this unit :)

Last edited:
There will be some undesirables with the beam of a MM diode laser combined or not at this amount of power, but for what it is, it's entirely acceptable to me, I'm very pleased with this unit :)
Can you post a pic of beam alignment from few meters?

I bought some of these drivers from ebay/China and they are 3 mode, mode steps through when switched on-off like a flashlight, they are made to be run without any heat sink and while testing for a few minutes ran with no problems that way.

I tested the units I revived and they output ( LOW 1A ) ( FLASH 3.5A ) ( HIGH 3.5A ) These are a bargain at 4 dollars each and 3.62 if you buy 4 or more, good for any blue that can take 3.5A and the strobe is kinda cool.....runs on 2 or 3 li-ion cells.

That nubm07 with the replacement window can and back-fill would be nice with this driver..........

These are also nice to have on hand>

---edit---

You can't beat these for 4 dollars, I grabbed several....... 3 MODE ( 1A ) ( 3.5A ) ( Flash 3.5A )

Last edited:
If you like DPSS these 532nm units are pretty good deals.

I bought some of these drivers from ebay/China and they are 3 mode, mode steps through when switched on-off like a flashlight, they are made to be run without any heat sink and while testing for a few minutes ran with no problems that way.

I tested the units I revived and they output ( LOW 1A ) ( FLASH 3.5A ) ( HIGH 3.5A ) These are a bargain at 4 dollars each and 3.62 if you buy 4 or more, good for any blue that can take 3.5A and the strobe is kinda cool.....runs on 2 or 3 li-ion cells.

That nubm07 with the replacement window can and back-fill would be nice with this driver..........

These are also nice to have on hand>

^^-^ this listing is by a forum member-- buy from him NOT eekbay--- needa link? ask me.
---edit---

You can't beat these for 4 dollars, I grabbed several....... 3 MODE ( 1A ) ( 3.5A ) ( Flash 3.5A )

Anyone into doubling their pleasure with red? I don't know the power these can take, but if they can take a watt or more, might be something to get, you know how damn expensive they can be otherwise, if you can even get them when ordering, some laser part suppliers are lagging weeks to months. (Not DTR but he doesn't have these).