Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

ATTENTION Colarado !! awesome deal all lines 6W less than $400 ($50 less if you can pick up--
looks new--
but read--
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232996211...m=232996211243
ALC909 and looks to very clean, the optical bench is still attached and it looks like there's an AOM lurking in there. Fairly priced, not going to buy it due to shipping to the UK from the US.

reply (only so far) by buffo

Damn - that is tempting... The laser itself looks to be in great shape. If I remember correctly, the 909 is the same as an HGM-8 medical unit. So figure 6 watts or so, all lines.

I'm sure this originally had a closed-loop chiller system attached, but you should be able to run it with once-through open loop cooling (just hook it up to a faucet and let it flush). If only it wasn't on the other side of the country from me! (Colorado is a bit too far to drive...)

Adam

see pics at ebay listing--incredible deal!!

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
ATTENTION Colarado !! awesome deal all lines 6W less than $400 ($50 less if you can pick up--
looks new--
but read--
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232996211...m=232996211243
ALC909 and looks to very clean, the optical bench is still attached and it looks like there's an AOM lurking in there. Fairly priced, not going to buy it due to shipping to the UK from the US.

reply (only so far) by buffo

Damn - that is tempting... The laser itself looks to be in great shape. If I remember correctly, the 909 is the same as an HGM-8 medical unit. So figure 6 watts or so, all lines.

I'm sure this originally had a closed-loop chiller system attached, but you should be able to run it with once-through open loop cooling (just hook it up to a faucet and let it flush). If only it wasn't on the other side of the country from me! (Colorado is a bit too far to drive...)

Adam

see pics at ebay listing--incredible deal!!

Damn! I see it went for $195

Sorry to change the subject, but I finished a build with an NDB7675 and the battery tube on my host will only alow for the length and diameter of an 18650 battery. My driver is setup such that I need two Li-ion batteries, though. Anything from 16 to 18 mm in diameter and 320 mm in length. I might be able to squeeze a 20 mm diameter battery in there, but the length is 320 mm maximum. My search has found nothing so far, but I did manage to cram two CR123A batteries in it as they are shorter than 16340s. I can't screw the head down all the way onto the battery tube. Anyone know of some rechargeable batteries that will fit?

GSS

Nice find RedC..
Reminds me to ask something that I keep forgetting.. Someone posted a link that had every single size available 0 series lithium battery's a while back and I somehow deleted the bookmark I had for the link.. There's probably some more sizes by now but does anyone know that link?

I have not used these, but they say 16320 so if they will meet your current needs then might be worth a try.

Also you could get CR123 or 16340 cells and remove the protection board, that should make up the difference.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/lithium-ba...h=item46885c66be:g:5SsAAOSwmnFZ4fJ~:rk:1:pf:0

Thanks, Robert. I'd like to find these batteries a little closer to home as they are quite expensive when you also factor in the shipping charges. But, that should work fine for my purposes.

Edit: I was checking the eBay listing further and found they are actually claimed to be 34 mm long in the description lower in the listing. I decided to order some 16340 flat tops and hope for the best. Thanks again. I would have likely never found these or the fact that they are maybe a bit longer. I figured $7.00 is a fair price for two that are claimed to be 700 mAh and might be short enough.

Last edited:
I received the two 16340 batteries I purchased on eBay and found them to be 600 mAh capacity batteries instead of the claimed 700 mAh capacity. Also, the dynamic internal resistance was high at 350 mohms on one and 276 mohms on the other. I ran them through a discharge and recharge cycle and tested the internal resistance again. It improved to 157 mohms and 164 mohms, but the capacity never got to 700 mAh. These are PKCELL brand batteries and were sold by fuspower on eBay for $6.99 for two of them. After being spoiled by liionwholesale.com batteries, these are a disappointment. Just thought everyone would like to know. They do fit, however.

NOT meaning to offend BUT--- batteries , while important are (so far) not a subject often discussed in this thread.. but that is just my feeling( & I am the OP so..).

Since "Alaskian'' got driven off LPF, this thread has gone downhill.
DID anyone read how cheap that argon went for?? $195.. batteries not included.

;-)
'sorry to change the subject??' I know it was not meant to override posts #4,561 and #4,562--but that is what happened. the subject sure got changed ==sorry

no big deal BUT that was a 6W gasser.. for $195 (high bid) if you could 'pick-up' in Colorado..
hak

Last edited:

diachi

NOT meaning to offend BUT--- batteries , while important are (so far) not a subject often discussed in this thread.. but that is just my feeling( & I am the OP so..).

Since "Alaskian'' got driven off LPF, this thread has gone downhill.
DID anyone read how cheap that argon went for?? $195.. batteries not included.

;-)
'sorry to change the subject??' I know it was not meant to override posts #4,561 and #4,562--but that is what happened. the subject sure got changed ==sorry

no big deal BUT that was a 6W gasser.. for $195 (high bid) if you could 'pick-up' in Colorado..
hak

Those heads do not do 6W. More like 1W, assuming you can find/put together the correct power supply. Needs water cooling too, and definitely won't run on your standard 120V 15A outlet.

I thought this thread was for things sold on eBay. That was the reason I mentioned these batteries, as I did buy them on eBay and they are not a good battery. I would like to save others from purchasing them and being as disappointed as I was.

Fair enough Paul --& you are right.. but I did want to hear from any member owning that gasser or having knowledge about them.. 6W for $195.00 WOW!

GSS

I thought this thread was for things sold on eBay. That was the reason I mentioned these batteries, as I did buy them on eBay and they are not a good battery. I would like to save others from purchasing them and being as disappointed as I was.
Considering they are 16340 battery's, is there that much a difference between 600 and 700mah? Were they flat out at 600?

Considering they are 16340 battery's, is there that much a difference between 600 and 700mah? Were they flat out at 600?

Not really, Peter. One is almost right on the money 600 mAh and the other is ~560 mAh. Also, take into consideration that the internal resistance is way too high and these are batteries to avoid. They were shipped to me from CA, so I thought at $3.50 each they might be okay. They are not.

Reactions: GSS