Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

:crackup: Yes, that would make a great start. :D

diachi

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Same model as the one I posted a while back, same price too. Wonder if it's the same one? Can't remember the seller name for that one. Seller countered with $600 when I made an offer on that other one too. Reasonable deal if it's all working, but a potentially large risk to take if it isn't.

It's the same guy, prob same unit.

Yea, seems they are yellow output too :) but too heavy for me, if someone lives near by prices are within reach.

Great price, but freight would be expensive.

diachi

HGM air cooled argon ion laser - spectra physics coherent american | eBay

Looks like it may be a tube from a HGM-5, which is basically just an ALC-68 with shorter brewster stems. Seems to have a starter ... or at least part of a starter with it. You'd need to source/build a power supply, but these'll do at least a couple watts when they are in good health. So if anyone is looking for a potentially cheap, multi-watt, air-cooled, multi-line Argon, this may be a good start.

Of course ... make sure you get it packed well, those glass brewster stems are fragile. Shipping to me is, as always, prohibitive. Otherwise I'd make a bid.

Probably have some more finds to post shortly.

35mW Spectra Physics HeNe - same tube as a 127 (Probably an OEM version of that):

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Spectra-Phys...556107?hash=item2cbe513d0b:g:YdgAAOSw42JZA1Nx

It isn't lasing, but the plasma colour looks decent. May need optics/alignment (that won't be fun!).

r10d010-1.jpg

Last edited:

diachi

'fraid not. I've still got my old HGM-5, and it looks very different, and is much larger than whatever this auction is for.

Had a feeling I may have been wrong on that one ... Been a long time since I've seen an ALC-68 so couldn't remember how large those tubes are relative to an average size hand, had a feeling they were larger. Thanks for confirming.

Was thinking of you when I typed that initial response up, that video of your HGM5 on YouTube pops into mind any time I see mention of one.

The seller may be able to tell anyone who is interested what model HGM this was in and then you can dig up more info. Fairly large tube, and potentially a good deal if the bidding doesn't go too high.

35mW Spectra Physics HeNe - same tube as a 127 (Probably an OEM version of that):

Spectra-Physics 082-3 HeNe Laser 35mW with 207B Power Supply 0432-4630D for 127 | eBay

It isn't lasing, but the plasma colour looks decent. May need optics/alignment (that won't be fun!).

Might be interesting to see if Sam has any 612 HRs/OCs to see how much orange you could get out of it. Eh, if it stays up for long enough I might have to make an offer. Damn this hobby.

Lol, it looks like they took a large dichro, scored it, then snapped it by hand into smaller pieces.

diachi

Might be interesting to see if Sam has any 612 HRs/OCs to see how much orange you could get out of it. Eh, if it stays up for long enough I might have to make an offer. Damn this hobby.

Lol, it looks like they took a large dichro, scored it, then snapped it by hand into smaller pieces.

Not sure if pressure on those is right for 612, or if it makes that much of a difference. Kaiser would have the answer to that. Shipping will be fun... It looks to me like it has mirrors, going from the pictures. Could well just be out of alignment/in need of a good cleaning. Alignment on these is touchy. Small bore diameter, fairly low gain (At least compared to some other gas lasers and the HeNe 3.39um line), large cavity length.

Notice the permanent magnets along the underside of the tube? :)

ZV71PyP.png

Interesting deal on that RGB. But yes, they probably buy large dichros and cut them up as you said. Does the job for cheap RGB modules.

That sellers feedback isn't too encouraging! :D

Last edited:

No, not al all.
Plus even if it was legit the shipping to my house is awful, 7 out of 8 corners are typically crushed.

diachi

No, not al all.
Plus even if it was legit the shipping to my house is awful, 7 out of 8 corners are typically crushed.

Ask for better packaging. Saying that, it's China, probably wouldn't get it... Always a bonus when sellers listen to requests like that.

Same seller has "1W 520nm" diodes for $8.

I may buy that RGB module ... if it's a scam I can at least get my money back... For $9 it's not really much of a loss, I'll just smoke half as many cigarettes for a day!

Edit: Yup... Let's see how this turns out. :crackup:

Last edited: