Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Now these are down to 450 a block, but who wants them?
I wonder if they are pressed out from the back or heat pulled, if heat pulled then they are likely weakened, supposedly when heat pulled 1 out of 10 fails right away was the last I heard, I have to think the stress is bad for the survivors.

NICHIA NUBM08T 445nm 4.5W High Power Multi-LASER DIODE | eBay

NICHIA NUBM08T 445nm 35W High Power Multi-LD Bank/Blue Laser Diode Array | eBay

Last edited:
Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

I've lost interest in single diode lasers anymore, but a block of diodes like that would be great to PBS cube the powers together, or knife edge a bunch of diodes. The heat stress issue does concern me too, isn't there a way of getting the diodes out without using heat?

94Z28

Now these are down to 450 a block, but who wants them?
I wonder if they are pressed out from the back or heat pulled, if heat pulled then they are likely weakened, supposedly when heat pulled 1 out of 10 fails right away was the last I heard, I have to think the stress is bad for the survivors.

NICHIA NUBM08T 445nm 35W High Power Multi-LD Bank/Blue Laser Diode Array | eBay

We can GB or split one if you want cowboy lmk.. I would try a bandsaw on one of mine.. then I would look into a press maybe just for some experiments before I buy whole blocks.

Imagine a screwdriver shank ground in the shape of the rear oval opening with little pin holes drilled into it, this is used to press them out cold from the back.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

diachi

If anyone lives in Florida here you go Spectra-physics 2040 argon laser with 2 2570 power supply don't know how to tes I saw it on Reddit looked it up and found that he is selling it.

May be worth posting to PhotonLexicon - someone over there may have use for at least some of the parts. I wouldn't go near it (even if I could buy it/power it/use it/store it) without first checking the condition in person.

These big argons typically require 3-phase. They're cool to disassemble and all, but unless you have 3-phase power available you won't be able to actually use it.

Or BIG single phase circuit, you can run them off a rotary phase converter, which you can DIY.

If you're looking for a hassle-free argon, try this one: Uniphase-Cyonics 2201-25ML Argon-ion Laser and Laser Power Supply | eBay
If you can get it with the first bid (very likely) it will be an excellent deal -- just add fan, and you've got a nice multiline argon.

Good deal if you can get it near the bid price for sure! Tested and everything, that's always nice.

Found this one, good base for some DIY DPSS stuff, nice 1064nm source, may need a little work to bring it up to full power, LD may be dying or alignment may be out. Empty head alone makes a good place to build a DPSS onto.

1.25 Watt *1064 nm* IR Melles Griot Laser head & power supply | eBay

Used LaserWave 532nm: http://www.ebay.com/itm/800mW-532nm...301335?hash=item1ebbc57ed7:g:BgcAAOSwMsVXjUMq

Used LaserWave 445nm: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1W-445nm-bl...301326?hash=item1ebbc57ece:g:FxcAAOSwqfNXjTnB

Optical breadboards: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thorlabs-So...536840?hash=item360b488848:g:HZ0AAOSwzaJYBbsi

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEWPORT-NRC...317812?hash=item237657c0b4:g:OycAAOSwHMJYElUw

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THORLABS-Op...497819?hash=item360cd4aa5b:g:S68AAOSwo4pYKddv

With components: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laser-Optic...598481?hash=item3f52e3c511:g:ZFUAAOSwMmBV5ZvF

So many things I want to buy, so little spare cash. Makes me sad :(

Last edited:

9 dollars a diode or play with the block and KEA, but I just don't see getting any real range out of the factory setup.

Casio XJ-A140V 2500 Lumens Portable HDMI DLP Projector 20,000 LAMP HOUR RATING | eBay

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought one of these to try, I don't know if it will be any good but it's cheap so I thought I would try one in a test rig then possibly use it.

Promotion Laser Beam Combine Cube Prism Mirror for 405nm~ 450nm Blue Laser Diode | eBay

Last edited:

If you're looking for a hassle-free argon, try this one: Uniphase-Cyonics 2201-25ML Argon-ion Laser and Laser Power Supply | eBay
If you can get it with the first bid (very likely) it will be an excellent deal -- just add fan, and you've got a nice multiline argon.

Ugh, Sta. Why are you always making good suggestions?! I'll post a full thread when it arrives. Ouch, my wallet!

Attachments

• 2016-11-15-160935_747x263_scrot.png
    2016-11-15-160935_747x263_scrot.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 90

diachi

ugh, sta. Why are you always making good suggestions?! I'll post a full thread when it arrives. Ouch, my wallet!

One of us! One of us! One of us! :D :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Sta

Damn, this is listed on ebay and I want it to play with those little diode pumped YAG's, but 800 dollars, ouch!!!! I told the seller I would buy it if he listed it (but I was hoping he would list it for much less), knowing he had it from some photo's he sent me of the cavity for small single diode pump YAG for 561 I bought from him which was spare for one of these.

I keep thinking no way I want to pay that much for a maybe project. The cost of the parts for this thing was tremendous when new if you had to fix one, horrible high prices... So really, this is cheap compared to its original cost, very cheap.... but I will pass on this one, even though I want it, eight hundred dollars is making me gulp!

Tri Color DPSS Laser Head Lumenis Novus Varia Diode Nd:Yag KTP Red Green Yellow | eBay

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-16%20at%2010.56.07%20AM.png

They call it "yellow" for one of the colors, it's not, its a yellow tinted 561nm green, a lime-green looking beam compared to 532nm.

Last edited:
Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

Damn, this is listed on ebay and I want it to play with those little diode pumped YAG's, but 800 dollars, ouch!!!! I told the seller I would buy it if he listed it (but I was hoping he would list it for much less), knowing he had it from some photo's he sent me of the cavity for small single diode pump YAG for 561 I bought from him which was spare for one of these.

I keep thinking no way I want to pay that much for a maybe project. The cost of the parts for this thing was tremendous when new if you had to fix one, horrible high prices... So really, this is cheap compared to its original cost, very cheap.... but I will pass on this one, even though I want it, eight hundred dollars is making me gulp!

Tri Color DPSS Laser Head Lumenis Novus Varia Diode Nd:Yag KTP Red Green Yellow | eBay

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-16%20at%2010.56.07%20AM.png

They call it "yellow" for one of the colors, it's not, its a yellow tinted 561nm green, a lime-green looking beam compared to 532nm.

That is exactly what you are trying to make Alaskan. But isn't cheap so I understand. :) Now you know what we mean about DPSS build prices. :D