Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

diachi

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Better suited to a museum/large paperweight. That's a really old head/system, from the late 60s/early 70s IIRC - one of the first Ar ions from Coherent. Graphite tube, not like the more "modern" ceramic tubes - and it's not one "piece" either, it's a bunch of graphite disks stacked on top of each other... Probably dead. Looks nice and clean at least... PSU may be useful. There are some threads about these and similar on PL.

That's a good deal on the Reliant if it's working - those are nice little Argon lasers, being self contained and such.

Last edited:

diachi

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

This one's been listed for at least a year. He has a nice whitelight Ar/Kr listed too.

I remember seeing it further back than that, unless it was the same model in the same condition listed by someone else. Not many of those around... See my other response though...

Pretty nice 173mw Laserglow 473nm labby, hasn't had any bites yet. I was very tempted but unfortunately don't have the cash right now, if it goes for $315 that's a pretty damn good deal and i'll kick myself, but once I start bidding, i'm in it to win it :)

Laserglow 473- 173mw

Update:

From the seller

New message from: vladis589 (429Turquoise Star)

AR Coating looks "Blue"(attached picture), so it'seems to be suitable
for green light and not for IR.

Please take a look on attached pictures.
I've measured the lens transmittion spectra again
(green line on "Grapf01") and also microscope slide glass
(purple line). 100% transmittion - at 800 nm.

I would like to attach the graph, but ebay makes the resolution too low, so I have asked for him to email a copy to me I can post here.

Last edited:

States 532nm 0.5mW Max , Its mainly a Holmium YAG laser @ 2120nm 400mJ pulse at 160uS according to the lable

Last edited:

Isn't that 2,500,000 watts of peak power from the Ho YAG? OK, I see the 532nm has .5 watts average, but I wonder at what pulse width? Perhaps it is just CW?

Last edited:

Its just how the label lists it , I think youll find its just a low power green and a pulsed Ho : Yag , it would state if the 532nm was pulsed like the Ho : YAG but as it dosent ,

Edit : it dose state in the label the 532nm is CW

Last edited:

I see it now

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-02%20at%208.05.40%20PM.png

diachi

Isn't that 2,500,000 watts of peak power from the Ho YAG? OK, I see the 532nm has .5 watts average, but I wonder at what pulse width? Perhaps it is just CW?

160uS at 0.4J is 2,500W peak.

That seems more reasonable for that long of a pulse, I must have done my math wrong.

Edit: yep, I used nano-seconds instead of microseconds, that's why my figure was wrong.

Last edited:

I can't buy it, but if I lived close enough I very well might.