Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

if any are left I would like two of the 8x10 smalls (more later if I likey) and one each of the steel and Al based. PM prices and shipping when you have them..hak:wave:

Sorry I have been keeping you guys out of the loop. I just got the package in recently, but I haven't opened it up yet. I have been working away from home, about to go on a mini vacation, and start up my final year of college this monday... I'm a little behind on this stuff, but I will try to get to it when I get a chance. I will take more detailed pictures of the assemblies, and will have to consider pricing and shipping shortly after. Thanks for understanding.

Edit: More testing will have to be done, but on first inspection, a few things to note:

- The 8x10mm ones weigh roughly 0.5oz, and contain a typical FS mirror. Good reflection (though no measurements taken yet).

- The 1/2" x 1/2" aluminum ones weigh roughly 1.5oz, and contain some soft of coated optic. They are not coated for the typical wavelengths we use, so I would guess they are coated for some arbitrary infrared wavelength - further testing may be done, though I do not really have access to infrared lasers (at least none that I actually built yet). The glued optic is definitely not useful for most of us, as of yet - it does a terrible job at reflecting 405nm, 445nm, 532nm, 635nm, 650nm, etc. It has two unoccupied holes for mounting, and it has one hex head screw which can adjust the vertical tilt of the optic.

- The 1/2" x 1/2" steel ones weigh roughly 3oz, and contain what appears to be the same optic as in the aluminum ones. It has the exact same mounting as the aluminum one. This steel one has much more precision control. It has two allen key screws for each, horizontal and vertical tilt. I guess you can say one is for coarse tuning while the other is for fine tuning.

This is all the information I have for now. I will try to take photos and include them here at a later time. I am still unsure as to how many I want to keep. I do like them :)

Last edited:

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

thanks for that- no need to feel sorry- I for one am happy to wait and glad a member won the auction-
HERE GOES A +3 FOR YOU!
enjoy your vacation--hk

I DO like this thread!!

Last edited:

i want an ar kr ion sooo bad. one day i will have one. the 3 phase with this unit is a bummer tho. here's one that takes single phase but kinda low powered, i want a watt. but way out of price range:
MELLES GRIOT ARGON KRYPTON ArKr MIXED GAS ION LASER SYSTEM CONFOCAL MICROSCOPE | eBay

nice unit tho....

Last edited:

Nice stuff ^^ I will probably take the 2 lasers if they don't go too high, or if others aren't interested.

I'm not so sure if we're into the Ultrafire C3's, but here's one on 20% sale.

It's $9.99, originally offered for $12.50.

13457997777661.jpg

Link is here.

Cheers! :beer:

Thanks ^^ I love these hosts. Will probably grab at least 2.

Edit: this has become my favorite thread, by far :)

Last edited:

dyeote

I'm not so sure if we're into the Ultrafire C3's, but here's one on 20% sale.

It's $9.99, originally offered for $12.50.

13457997777661.jpg

Link is here.

Cheers! :beer:

No worries mate, we're into them :D
I already have one but I'll get another one now; 10$ is a decent price :beer:
btw, Eudaimonium has direct-press heatsinks for this light at 8$ shipped ;)

Those are pretty neat, I'd probably get some if they would combine shipping - but I bristle at paying $5 for the first item and the $4 for each other item when it costs them virtually nothing to add the other items for stuff this small.

I wonder how many sellers lose sales because of the buyers perception that shipping is unfair on an item? I know it affects me.

In all reality, $4 makes no difference to my personal finances, but there is some quirk in my personality that won't buy it because I perceive the shipping to be unfair.

Those are pretty neat, I'd probably get some if they would combine shipping - but I bristle at paying $5 for the first item and the $4 for each other item when it costs them virtually nothing to add the other items for stuff this small.

I wonder how many sellers lose sales because of the buyers perception that shipping is unfair on an item? I know it affects me.

In all reality, $4 makes no difference to my personal finances, but there is some quirk in my personality that won't buy it because I perceive the shipping to be unfair.

But Tom they are so cool:D

@Tom-- I feel ya!
not much of a shipping break IMO.
I once asked a seller how many would I need to buy to get free shipping- the reply was a ridiculous number but from there we bartered down the price to ship 'several' may not hurt to ask- I hate FeeBay sellers that rely on a profit from shipping--
& PooP Pal sucks-dont use it unless I have no other option.

thats a good price on a host that will be a fav for a long time.

And apparently its MAX threshold current is 9:00 AM :thinking:

Does anybody else think that 20W 808nm is sketchy? I find it hard to believe that it would be an actual 808nm, DPSS laser of 20W for only $30 shipped, or best offer.... I am very tempting to get a couple, but has anyone else had experience getting these on Ebay?

dyeote

Does anybody else think that 20W 808nm is sketchy? I find it hard to believe that it would be an actual 808nm, DPSS laser of 20W for only $30 shipped, or best offer.... I am very tempting to get a couple, but has anyone else had experience getting these on Ebay?

the title is a bit misleading, it's not a DPSS laser by itself; it's a single Solid State laser which can be used as the pump in a DPSS system :tinfoil:
Still, I agree that even with all the advances 808nm LD manufacturing, 20W for 30$ is suspicious..

Last edited: