Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Ok Len I will stop bidding. Sorry forgot to post that put in a bid.

One is a green and the other looks like a 10mw red?

Last edited:

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

10mW or less- red HeNes with more than 35mW are IIRC uncommon.
the other may only be 5 mW- you can look them both up at Sams Laser- he has the VDC/A requirements needed there too. Some sellers know very well that they are selling DOAs- one tip off would be them listing the PS seperatley and then saying they had no way to test fully.
Especially if the PS runs off mains.
Adding a plug to a wire is not rocket surgery.

Even DOA the aldens are worth ~$5 and here are some cool mirrors inside. Low life sellers buy these and if DOA just relist them as unable to test. Sometimes looking closely at thier FBs for the source of their items is a good idea. Sam has a lot of tips on buying off Fleabay.

10mW or less- red HeNes with more than 35mW are IIRC uncommon.
the other may only be 5 mW- you can look them both up at Sams Laser- he has the VDC/A requirements needed there too. Some sellers know very well that they are selling DOAs- one tip off would be them listing the PS seperatley and then saying they had no way to test fully.
Especially if the PS runs off mains.
Adding a plug to a wire is not rocket surgery.

Even DOA the aldens are worth ~$5 and here are some cool mirrors inside. Low life sellers buy these and if DOA just relist them as unable to test. Sometimes looking closely at thier FBs for the source of their items is a good idea. Sam has a lot of tips on buying off Fleabay.

I did take look on sam's site late last night so my specs are off:banghead: Anyways I would rather buy here than some lowlife on feebay unless it's working. So I hope they work and you can get them.

Len, and all i'm not bidding on the two HeNe's. Just a good starting price, like always with bids....it's down to the last few seconds.

Good luck!:beer:

Edit:....I have had pretty good luck with HeNe's on fleebay. A few have come DOA but they were pretty old examples.

Last edited:

Very nice. I see he has more than 10 available. Perhaps it's worth a shot asking about a GB for maybe 20+ units, and perhaps he would greatly discount them at such a quantity. You never know. I've offered $20 for items listed at $100 BIN, and was able to talk them down that low for scientific equipment.

Edit: For example, just look at those green HeNe's by MI which were offered here at $100 instead of the $200 BIN price. It's nice to dream a seller would maybe someday sell these OPHIR's for $100 or less

Last edited:

I got this host today and am very pleased with the completeness and quality. Only one small flaw is that the head is slightly different in color from the body. The head is more silver and the body is more dark gray. It isn't a deal breaker for me. Otherwise it is a pretty nice host. It should easily work with an 18650 or two 18350's or two 16340's I think.

It doesn't have much heat sinking, but it is a smaller host so you know that going in...

eBay laser by tsteele93, on Flickr

Here is a better pic of the color difference.

Laser Host from eBay by tsteele93, on Flickr

If that doesn't bother you then I would recommend it.

Last edited:

These are nice tubes for HeNe laser lamps- see several tuts on building them- daguin did a nice job on his. You can look up info on most of them at Sam's- let us know if theres a hidden gem in there.

silkimporting | eBay

bunch of bare HeNe tubes some research at Sams should tell the wavwlength- and vdc/Amperage--for those that are 633nm these prices may be too high but any that happen to be green 543 nm these would be a good deal is thay work(read crapshoot)

whats wierd is that all his items are bare gas tubes.

I am not bidding but would like to hear from any winners,, GL.

I did take look on sam's site late last night so my specs are off:banghead: Anyways I would rather buy here than some lowlife on feebay unless it's working. So I hope they work and you can get them.

hak:AFAIK errors at Sam's are rarer than yellow/orange henes.
I hope they are good- if not both then the green of if not that... at least the red- to sell and MAYBE break even.. my snipe was good- they are on the way at ~$50 for both total.
I WILL be back with what I find( fingers still crossed)

Len, and all i'm not bidding on the two HeNe's. Just a good starting price, like always with bids....it's down to the last few seconds.

Good luck!:beer:
hak: I was hoping few would see that this listing is for a green MG-- 532w/Envy knew- that G in the model is good thing to know- like the ML after a Agron listing number.= multi-line (imho more desireable)

Edit:....I have had pretty good luck with HeNe's on fleebay. A few have come DOA but they were pretty old examples.

This one came up not long ago....Says non working, and this may be...but if the price comes out right it may be worth the risk.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300751487227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_720wt_1396

^^^ Can I assume you are not the bidder?
I am going to try to win this one-- I feel lucky- I DO have the correct PS for these so if I do win we will know shortly if they are DOA. If another member is the sole bidder plz let me know and I will back off. Nice find--532w/envy-- dont know how that one got missed by my snipers saved searches.. TY for posting it. len

hak:
So I may owe 532w/envy a big Texas TY-- hope so..

I need another nice lime green for a lumia box.

FYI I owe my win to my snipe service- they bid for me with 5 seconds left- NO BIDS(by or for me) at all before that one. I had set my snipe to give up when the bid went over 45$- that would have been futile if the listing noted that colors- It would have been over 100$ otherwise. and if he had it tested even more.+

I loves my sniper!!
I can send you a link-your first 3 snipes are free- after that they get a whole penny for every dollar you spend. oldest and safest in the biz.

Hey Hak,

Please pm me the link to the snipe service. That sounds interesting.

Thanks!

ARG

Dang it! Only ships to the states :(

Here is an interesting one.

I think the price may be a bit off.....but what makes it strange is that there is already a sale at the full price!!

Ealing Coherent 22-8668 Top Adjust Laser Mirror Mount | eBay

Edit...there must be something wrong with fleebay. There are also price mistakes in his other auctions.

Last edited: