Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

If you're going by a very specific model with shipping to Alaska, I have to concede.

However, most people aren't locked to the same requirements. My best score was a lot of SEVEN power-ten 0-20V 0-50A for $77. The stuff in "unknown condition" works 80% of the time, and the stuff "for parts or repair" works 60% of the time.

If you're only looking for "modern" supplies, I got a sorensen DCS (1kw) for $100, which is a current model. I got a lambda GEN (1.5kw) which is a current model for $200. I got a lambda EMS (2kw) which is an only-recently retired model for $100.

Don't be afraid of older models if they're made in the US. The fundamental internal design has remained identical for the last 30 years:
mains -> filter -> rectifier -> storage caps -> half/full FET bridge -> ferrite transformer -> smoothing inductor -> output caps.

The main advances have been in remote programming like GPIB and rs232 or in power factor correction. If you're using the front knobs and don't care about power factor, they're all quite similar in performance.

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

I have had several of the older models, have repaired a couple I purchased broken. I was referring to that model, I like them better than others, they do more current than most and I need the extra for some things. I also like linear supplies but so darn heavy! I have four of the XFR 20-60 and two of the 7.5 volt versions which can produce 140 amps.

I have built my own DC supplies up to 200 amps at 12V and 4 amps at 3800 VDC. Built those in 1983, been doing this awhile bro.

Last edited:

diachi

I have had several of the older models, have repaired a couple I purchased broken. I was referring to that model, I like them better than others, they do more current than most and I need the extra for some things. I also like linear supplies but so darn heavy! I have four of the XFR 20-60 and two of the 7.5 volt versions which can produce 140 amps.

I have built my own DC supplies up to 200 amps at 12V and 4 amps at 3800 VDC. Built those in 1983, been doing this awhile bro.

What the heck did you need 4A at 3.8KVDC for? :eek::eek: Big magnetron?

I agree regarding linear supplies ... I prefer them, even though they are large, heavy and less efficient. Clean output and less RF "pollution" is always nice. Even more so when I eventually get a place where I can have a HF rig set up that isn't in my truck... Getting tired of hamsticks and ignition noise... /rant

Last edited:

I needed it for a 2 amp CCS VHF linear power amplifier, it could pull 4 amps ICAS.

diachi

I needed it for a 2 amp CCS VHF linear power amplifier, it could pull 4 amps ICAS.

That's a lot of power ... figured it was something RF you needed that for. That much power on VHF, what were you using it for? EME with that massive stacked Yagi setup or cooking passing seagulls? :D

Yep, EME with 4 megawatts EIRP

Reactions: GSS

diachi

Yep, EME with 4 megawatts EIRP

4MW EIRP? What did the S meter peak on the echo? That's nuts.

Last edited:

That image is so page-breaking it is unbelievable...

Any good reason for an image that is 8401x6293 in the finds thread?

I've seen some fantastically large images posted in threads before but that one makes them all look low-res.

diachi

That image is so page-breaking it is unbelievable...

Any good reason for an image that is 8401x6293 in the finds thread?

I've seen some fantastically large images posted in threads before but that one makes them all look low-res.

Oops, didn't realize it was so large, posted from mobile. I'll edit it out.

Lol. I don't even know if my phone would have survived rendering that image...

Is it two diodes combined with a PBS cube? The layout reminds me of my 473nm labby with the two drivers going into one head with an offset output.

I would take the top off for those NSFW laser pRoN pics but top on will have to do, the left half of this labby is where there is the colliminating optics, a front surface mirror, a PBS cube, and a coated output lens.
The output beam comes out right under the laser radiation sticker.

The right Half houses TWO 473nm modules running their outputs parallel to each other before going to the final optical section of the laser.

0907161157b_zpsrh2wqxse.jpg

Ignore the mess, I had just finished building the 520nm pen laser..
0914161532b_zpsmmlfj51g.jpg

Last edited:

diachi

Should be a good host with a good switch, holds 2 or 3 X 18650/26650 with supplied extension, prices may get lower in time but not much lower. Both say make offer and may be the same seller with 2 names, but yes it has nice looking fins and is likely a decent light, I like the TF 12 diode unit (12T6) I have so I expect this should be decent as well as having a thick wall body and making a good host.

Outdoor TrustFire J18 8000 Lumen 7x CREE XM-L T6 LED 5-Mode LED Flashlight Torch | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TrustFire-J...5&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=161090268821&autorefresh=true

Last edited:

Should be a good host with a good switch, holds 2 or 3 X 18650/26650 with supplied extension, prices may get lower in time but not much lower. Both say make offer and may be the same seller with 2 names, but yes it has nice looking fins and is likely a decent light, I like the TF 12 diode unit (12T6) I have so I expect this should be decent as well as having a thick wall body and making a good host.

Outdoor TrustFire J18 8000 Lumen 7x CREE XM-L T6 LED 5-Mode LED Flashlight Torch | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TrustFire-J...5&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=161090268821&autorefresh=true

I like it, especially the 26650 Li-ion batteries.

EDIT: back to add this el cheapo laser pointer.. Maybe not very substantial, but it looks good in this photo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-1500-Mi...-Powerful-Laser-Rod-Laser-Sword-/161786805927

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-18%20at%208.27.23%20PM.png

Last edited: