Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pennies

I ain't gonna jip them, I'll probably give them the full 15% tip in pennies; make'em count it all.:eg:

Hahahaha, make them suffer!

I'm not cheap, I just hate the tipping system... you don't tip the guy in the drugstore if he recommends you a good snack.

In case most of you don't know, Canadian pennies made after 96 are zinc or steel...
Yep, so are American ones since the early 80's. A cool trick is to scrape the side of a penny till you can see the zinc underneath then put it in hydrochloric acid overnight.. In the morning your penny will be floating on top of the acid.. The zinc will be eaten away leaving behind an empty shell of a coin that you can crush between your fingers. Looks just like a penny only it has a hole in the side and is made of copper foil.

You really should take all the pennies back to the teller and say you want 100 $1's, lol.
We haven't had $1 bills since 1988, and since 1995 we haven't had $2 bills either. The lowest denomination of Canadian paper money is a $5 bill, and there's been talk of replacing that with a coin as well.

I see an American penny in there... that is an extra 0.001 cent. You made money on your investment!
You cannot get exchange rates for coins. Since they have to be physically shipped back to their originating country it costs too much.. American coins are simply taken at face value in Canada.

I ain't gonna jip them, I'll probably give them the full 15% tip in pennies; make'em count it all.:eg:
It's spelled "gyp" actually. It's a racial slur against gypsies.

Yep, so are American ones since the early 80's. A cool trick is to scrape the side of a penny till you can see the zinc underneath then put it in hydrochloric acid overnight.. In the morning your penny will be floating on top of the acid.. The zinc will be eaten away leaving behind an empty shell of a coin that you can crush between your fingers. Looks just like a penny only it has a hole in the side and is made of copper foil.

^^^^ now thats a cool fact!!! ima try that!!!

^^^^ now thats a cool fact!!! ima try that!!!

Styropyro's instructional:

YouTube - DIY: How to Turn a Penny into Foil

Pseudo - A cooler trick would be melting down hundreds of dollars worth of(pre 1982)pennies to sell as scrap metal... Much more profitable ;)

Last edited:
I've got tons of the copper penny foils in my element collection; they were fun to make. I have to try it with nitric acid sometime and eat all the copper off the pennies, so I can make them zinc (like wartime pennies)!

-Mark

HIMNL9

Uhm, my evil soul see a good way for use them .....The next time that a policeman write you a bill for forbidden parking or some other similar, you have the money for pay it until the last cent (and, being them current valid money, they cannot refuse to accept them as payment, they have to count all them and release you a "paid" ticket as any other paid bills :p :eg:

(i know, i'm a bad boy :evil:)

Uhm, my evil soul see a good way for use them .....The next time that a policeman write you a bill for forbidden parking or some other similar, you have the money for pay it until the last cent (and, being them current valid money, they cannot refuse to accept them as payment, they have to count all them and release you a "paid" ticket as any other paid bills :p :eg:

HAHA better.

daguin

Unfortunately, most municipalities in the US have laws preventing such actions. :na:

Peace,
dave