Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Osram PL450 450nm 80mW power chart

Hey Jay Nice Build.:gj:

I did one in your 10440 Host i got from you for myself.:D I build one for someone in this host at ~10mW and I loved it so much i made myself one at a little higher power. It came out Great and i love it.:cool:

Here are the picture i took of his laser but mine looks the same.:)

P4120253.jpg

P4120257.jpg

P4120261.jpg

P4120246.jpg

P4120247.jpg

Spec's:

Driver - X-Boost
Currant - 300mA
Lens - G1
Power - 290mW with G1 & 220mW with 3 Element

I Love this build.:wave:

Last edited:

jayrob

That's a beauty...

Hey I've tried your X-Drive buck drivers and love them.

Sure hope you decide to sell your X-Boost drivers. I would love to try them out! :beer:

Hey Jay Nice Build.:gj:

I did one in your 10440 Host i got from you for myself.:D I build one for someone in this host at ~10mW and I loved it so much i made myself one at a little higher power. It came out Great and i love it.:cool:

Here are the picture i took of his laser but mine looks the same.:)

Spec's:

Driver - X-Boost
Currant - 300mA
Lens - G1
Power - 290mW with G1 & 220mW with 3 Element

I Love this build.:wave:

Yup, thats the one I was talking about, those pictures are the one you built for me, I absolutely love it, its my daily carry laser at the low 10mW, yet bright enough to enjoy, so I can use it whenever/wherever.
Thanks again for the build :D

Blord

Looks like small host are popular with this diode. :D
Flexdriver with a power output of 180mW.

C3-450nm_2.jpg

C3-450nm_5.jpg

Last edited:
That's a beauty...

Hey I've tried your X-Drive buck drivers and love them.

Sure hope you decide to sell your X-Boost drivers. I would love to try them out! :beer:

For its Size i cant believe i can leave it running for pretty long without be scared of it getting Hot. Ive left it on for over 2 minutes and it was barely warm.

Iam GLad you Like my Buck version X-Drive.:) Makes me Happy to hear that.:beer:

We will talk on the boost.:)

Yup, thats the one I was talking about, those pictures are the one you built for me, I absolutely love it, its my daily carry laser at the low 10mW, yet bright enough to enjoy, so I can use it whenever/wherever.
Thanks again for the build :D

Hey My friend.:) I dint see you above. Iam glad you are enjoying your build. After I built yours you probably remember me saying iam building one for myself now.

Its a Great Host and One of my favorite still to date.:beer:

Looks like small host are popular with this diode. :D
Flexdriver with a power output of 180mW.

C3-450nm_2.jpg

C3-450nm_5.jpg

Its great because these dont really get hot, so there great for small hosts.:) I think they look cooler in small hosts too.:)

I did a few matching sets for people not to long ago with a NEW Single mode 3.8mm 635nm 150mW diode that just came out and these 450nm 3.8mm diode as well as new 3.8mm 405nm 12x diodes that i found and i did this matching set in the 10440 host i did here in this thread:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/2...mall-10440-14500-host-mini-mini-me-69853.html

I also just finished a Matching set for someone in the 14500 version host as well in that thread using the same diodes above. They both should be posting a thread on it so you should see them soon.:)

But yeah your 110% right these diodes look to be more popular in small hosts.

Last edited:
Dang! and I thaught my Aurora SH-034 Stainless Steel Cree Q5-WC 220-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*16340)
was Gonna Be a first... The wife found me a Lathe yesterday and I looked at it and it was sweet I said how much she said 2000$ it was actually 6000 + 2000 for insured shipping and all the extras. I shoulda taken her up on that..

AngelG

Interesting comparison of the lenses, but there are 3rd kind of lenses which you didn't test with: The 3-layer coated UV diode lens. They're known to produce less power than G2, but better spot when used in a machine.

Interesting comparison of the lenses, but there are 3rd kind of lenses which you didn't test with: The 3-layer coated UV diode lens. They're known to produce less power than G2, but better spot when used in a machine.

He did test with the 3 element lens.
BTW this thread is 4 years old. :whistle: