Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Only for Pyros

HIMNL9

^ or wear a medieval armor (face grid included :p)

I made some of these experiments, when i was young ..... but always "safe mode" ..... sandbags around, and all the rest ..... and it paid the efforts (a pair of occasional KABOOM :p)

It's amazing, the things there are on youtube... I wonder how much thrust they have?

ZRTMWA

It's amazing, the things there are on youtube... I wonder how much thrust they have?

Somone asked that question in one of the comments under on of the various videos. The maker of the video said it was a little but not much. However you can actually power an rc car or rc plane with a real pulse jet engine. There are many videos of this on youtube.

Edit: By the way I haven't got a chance to pick up the antifreeze yet, I hope CVS will sell it lol, I don't feel like going to Pep Boys.

HIMNL9

By the way, all these ones, included the mini-pipe, are resonant pulsers, not real pulsed jets (statoreactor).

The real one, like the V1 ones, have a valve systems on the air intake, that prevents the "blow-back" (don't know how to call it correctly in English, sorry, is when the flame go reversed from the oscillation and subtract thrust, instead to add it)

Anyway, are funny experiments (with the needed care, ofcourse :p).

HIMNL9

A pulsed jet go-kart ? ..... LOL ..... guess it's perfectly safe, right ? :p

LMAO.. if you look carefully, you can see the gas tank is situated directly underneath the bended peice of the pipe, and that bit gets really HOT!

so im guessing its completely safe! :D

-Adrian

About ten years ago I watched a man strap one to his back and then get on a bicycle and it pushed him around an oval race track at about 30-35 mph the tail pipe was almost white hot when he shut it off and costed in, what a spectical !!!

Peace All...

HIMNL9

^ Well, this last one looks more like a true statoreactor (valve block, air collector, and so on) :)

I believe the good pulse jets use a flower shapped flutter "reed" valve on the intake. DynaJets use them.

Mike

ZheolD

hah i used to do that with Every Rubbing Alcohol bottles back in the day when it was Damn near empty just Shake and Light and walla heh its amazing how much time you can kill with this Kind of stuff also hand sanitizer works well as its a Gel and sticks to the walls of what ever container you use

ZRTMWA

hah i used to do that with Every Rubbing Alcohol bottles back in the day when it was Damn near empty just Shake and Light and walla heh its amazing how much time you can kill with this Kind of stuff also hand sanitizer works well as its a Gel and sticks to the walls of what ever container you use

Yeah I realized I wouldn't need to buy antifreeze when I can just buy a big jug of hand sanitizer at CVS. I think they are 63% ethyl alchohol.