Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Only for Pyros

ZRTMWA

That's awesome! They got so many varying effects. Also, the water (I'm assuming that's what it was) in the frying pan for coolant looked so ineffective in the ending videos. That would suck if the glass exploded right in your face. They could have just cut a gallon milk jug in half and submersed the jar fully in water exept for the very top, which would have to be taped on the sides of the lid to make sure it wouldn't float (or would it even float?) This would also protect against glass shrapnel if it ever did get hot enough to explode. What was the thing they threw on the top of the jar to light it right around the 42 second mark?

Edit: Or it would just be safer to do this way but you don't get the cool effects of seeing the flame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9y0gN8cOCo

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

OMG!!!!! I just tried this for 2 hours!!! I used a glass jar, a tin can and even a plastic cup! Nothing yielded results. I tried every flammable I could get my hands on except gasoline including but not limited to nail polish remover (the closest thing to denatured alcohol), tiki torch fluid, Primeflo silicone lube (this is really flammable, much more than WD40), and antifreeze (what the videos recommended). I can't think of any others. Nothing worked! I hope to try it again following one of the videos instructions exactly. I want to replicate the video I posted before.

Edit: Maybe I should have tried gasoline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3R9hStCHAg

Last edited:
LMAO its so easy to make! i have done it many times.. some times on accident, during my first experiments with nitrous powered rockets.

Did ya see this freakin thing?

YouTube - micro mini pulse jet-2

LMAO thats AWESOME!! they sell them on ebay! imagine one of those on an rc car or plane! that would be SICK!

^ that little thing did make quite an annoying sound thou, it would start to drive me crazy

ZRTMWA

LMAO its so easy to make! i have done it many times.. some times on accident, during my first experiments with nitrous powered rockets.

I plan to get some heet antifreeze to try it with. I think my problem was that I cut the hole too big.

We used to do a similar trick w/ denatured alcohol and a big Sparklets water bottle! Don't try it kids! -Glenn