Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Omg!!! Dinodirect.. Supports nazi's??

Okay listen up, I was looking through their selection of lasers and click on the link.

200mw 532nm Focus Handheld Green Laser Pointer - DinoDirect.com

Nuff said..

Listen, as an american I know this...others should to.

The swastika is a wonderful symbol of peace. It is a buddhist symbol. It was taken and twisted by nazi's for half a century as something evil.

its a 2 thousand year old symbol of light and goodness. Funny people don't know that.

*edit* oh crap..Lol I didint even read the thread...sorry ! this has been discussed :)

Last edited:

Yeah... I overreacted a bit with the last line in that post... though not the facepalm of the first line:) Guess I'm just a little sensitive to the topic due to my heritage.

Unfortunately history is full of misappropriated and misinterpreted symbols. If this was a laser coming out of germany, or the deep south, I'd say there is cause for concern, but considering this is from china I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

Anyone else have a sudden desire to pickup a Dan Brown book?

You didn't by any chance see the symbol with the 3 balls at the end...
I am assuming you are of Jewish heritage?

Also used in Jewish iconography

Last edited:
You didn't by any chance see the symbol inside the Star of David?

Definitely didn't see it since I have no idea what you're referring to... another laser on DD with star or david and something inside the star? Or in general in star of david depictions?

I am assuming you are of Jewish heritage?

Also used in Jewish iconography

You assume correctly... my ancestors were primarily jewish... a large portion of my family on my grandmothers side was wiped out during the Holocaust, and they lost basically everything at the time. Many other distant relatives were also forced to run and move. There are branches of the family tree that are a complete mystery starting with 1930's.

Also I grew up in the former USSR which was less than friendly to jews. Having experienced some racial discrimination first hand I am very intolerant to any discrimination now myself.

Definitely didn't see it since I have no idea what you're referring to... another laser on DD with star or david and something inside the star? Or in general in star of david depictions?

You assume correctly... my ancestors were primarily jewish... a large portion of my family on my grandmothers side was wiped out during the Holocaust, and they lost basically everything at the time. Many other distant relatives were also forced to run and move. There are branches of the family tree that are a complete mystery starting with 1930's.

Also I grew up in the former USSR which was less than friendly to jews. Having experienced some racial discrimination first hand I am very intolerant to any discrimination now myself.

Yup. I have heard about the issues in Russia for awhile now. Also known some Korean businesses that attempted to do business in Moscow and got the #@$t kicked out of them while riding public transportation during the day time. Absolutely disgusting stuff and it's getting hell of a lot worse.

Sorry, click the black pic and find the one with the 3 balls at each of the 4 points.. that dates to I believe the 13-14th CE. It's Swastika symbols on the Church of Christ Pantocrator in Nessebar

Last edited:
Yup. I have heard about the issues in Russia for awhile now. Also known some Korean businesses that attempted to do business in Moscow and got the #@$t kicked out of them while riding public transportation during the day time. Absolutely disgusting stuff and it's getting hell of a lot worse.

Sorry, click the black pic and find the one with the 3 balls at each of the 4 points.. that dates to I believe the 13-14th CE. It's Swastika symbols on the Church of Christ Pantocrator in Nessebar

Yeah... outside of the major cities, xenophobia/racism in russia are very much an issue. With all the migration to russian going on right now from china, mongolia and the stans there is a lot of anti immigrant sentiment there. On top of historical prejudices that have been around for ages.

I have to say that is an interesting pic... never saw it before, thanks for sharing it.

Yeah... outside of the major cities, xenophobia/racism in russia are very much an issue. With all the migration to russian going on right now from china, mongolia and the stans there is a lot of anti immigrant sentiment there. On top of historical prejudices that have been around for ages.

I have to say that is an interesting pic... never saw it before, thanks for sharing it.

One of our teachers from Quebec went to Moscow and witnessed some of the extremist groups attacking "gypsies"/ southerners from the Caucas region (Caucaus).
Yup, then there is "historical" prejudices... I have had to deal with those esp in Korea and to a little somewhat lesser degree in Japan. Korea has been by far the most challenging. People who are darker skinned are said to be dirty because they come from farming (agricultural) backgrounds. However nowadays, it is often blacks that get the poor treatment because they are darker coloured. Mixed race children (white -asian) are said to be tolerable because they have lighter complexion and bigger eyes. I have had children pull arm hair and yell monkey and pull my nose because to them it is something different. ( Kids will be kids) but at a certain age it stops. Unfortunately in Korea, high school kids are still perplexed by the physical differences. I have been called a Kojengi (a big nose). -- I respond with flat nose... I could have teased the girls about smaller (oo) but I didn't... I understand that at a young age it is normal to explore these differences, but I was only a little shocked about the high school and middle school kids.

--- Despite all this I have met some ABSOLUTELY AMAZING KOREANS who just don't fit any of this.
My wife and her entire family are such people. Yes, I still have to deal with arm hair pulling once in a while from my wife.. ouch .... ouch...

I think I have learned that one can not generalize entire groups of people. To paint with a wide brush paints not only others but yourself as well.

Last edited:
Very wise and funny words(hair pulling wife:crackup:). Couldn't agree more:beer:

I'd +rep you again, but system won't let me yet.

Last edited:
Can't fault my woman for pulling arm hair... She is a mischievous lady.
can't help it. (lol)

HIMNL9

Heh ..... lots of mistakes, just cause someone used an already existing symbol, claiming it was their exclusive one, and lot of peoples don't know about that :p

Anyway, technically, the one projected from the laser is that what is called "good" svastica, symbolizing sun, health, fortune, and so on (arms are "rotating" counterclockwise) ..... where nazis used the opposite symbol, that means darkness, bad, rage, misfortune (arms "rotating" clockwise) ..... this, at least, is one of the oldest interpretations i've heard.

Still "bad looking" for occidentals that don't know the meaning of the original symbols, i can understand this too ..... ah, well .....

Last edited:
your actually quite right according to the dinodirect person , if you look at the discussion group at the bottom of that page you can see ppl already asking about it and a dino "representative" responding to it

Subject: nasi sign??
martin says: 08/04/2011 13:46 EST
hey just curious is the nasi sign adolf hitler used or is that the symbol of the sun ??
Quote and Reply

Taylor says: 08/04/2011 14:27 EST

Quote Content

hey just curious is the nasi sign adolf hitler used or is that the symbol of the sun ??

That's not a swastika, a swastika is just like that, but inverted. this means good luck.

Quote and Reply

Dinodavid says: 08/05/2011 01:15 EST

Quote Content

[Q]hey just curious is the nasi sign adolf hitler used or is that the symbol of the sun ??
That's not a swastika, a swastika is just like that, but inverted. this means good luck. [/Q]

Oh,Thanks for telling this,Taylor.

Regards
Quote and Reply

Haha!

201108261130251.jpg

Benm

Heh ..... lots of mistakes, just cause someone used an already existing symbol, claiming it was their exclusive one, and lot of peoples don't know about that :p

I'm not sure the nazi's claimed it as their exclusive one, but it was taken from asia and used as the nazi logo. Both the clockwise and counterclockwise version have been used for centuries, there are even examples of the symbol as old as 3.000 years.

The main difference between the asian version and the nazi one is that the symbol was rotated 45 degrees by the nazis.

If you travel in asia nowadays, you will still find this symbol decorating many temples and such, both constructed before and after WW2. In the east, the symbol retains its traditional meaning - but its still quite funny to see tourists who are not aware of this taking pictures of what they believe to be a 'nazi temple'.

HIMNL9

^ yes ..... more precisely, if i recall correctly, Hitler adopted it from the Thule Society of Von List ..... and he steal it from the Ordo Novi Templii (new Templars order) founded around 1900 from a monk named Lanz (or Lantz ?) in Austria, a sort of arian-christian order .....

As far as i know (but i'm not an expert in this), svastica signs was found also in the Babylonese age, and someone say that is also more old ..... any paleohistoric, around here ?