Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Old User, Back after a long break

IsaacT

Hello all,

Some of you may remember me, some of you may have forgotten by now, but I used to be quite active on the site. About 8 months ago or so I got pretty addicted to World of Warcraft(I was playing for 8+ hours PER DAY) and my activities on this forum plummeted. About a month and a half ago I quit WoW for good :D but try as I might I couldn't remember my password to get back on here.

Well, I finally got my password reset after trying all my different emails, and I am back. Now, I'm not about to go building a bunch of lasers, mainly because I am po(so poor I can't afford the r) and I need to pay for college. But we'll see how it goes. For now, I am just glad to be back and hope ya'll are all doing swell.

How has it been since I have been gone? Has "TheCompanyWhichMustNotBeNamed" blessed the world with something else or have things quieted down?

Sincerely,
Wannaburnstuff

PS- Sadly, the Jetlasers I had that was so smexy has died :( so my profile picture is the last I will see of that brilliant beam.

Last edited:

Well if you didn't know single diode builds can get above 3w now with the newish 9mm 445nm diodes :D

IsaacT

3W?! Holy hell! I am guessing DEFINITELY Multi-mode? Still tho, so much power! I remember someone getting one to 2300 or so mW, but 3 is a whole new level of dayum!

ARG

3W?! Holy hell! I am guessing DEFINITELY Multi-mode? Still tho, so much power! I remember someone getting one to 2300 or so mW, but 3 is a whole new level of dayum!

Yup, multi mode :p Some have even got extremely lucky with 3.2W! 2.5W is not uncommon now from the 9mm diodes.

Welcome back long time no talkie, hope all is well with you and yours :beer:

They have a single mode 450nm at 1.4W now I think that's very impressive.
Well not technically but closer than the 9mm or the M140 from a beam comparison.

Last edited:
They have a single mode 450nm at 1.4mW now I think that's very impressive.
Well not technically but closer than the 9mm or the M140 from a beam comparison.

Those single mode PL450s can get to 300mW, cant they?:thinking:

I may have missed some incredible breakthrough but from my knowledge there are no single mode 445nm diodes capable of that output. You are likely running an A140 or an M140 for that output. Both of which are multimode. If you have indeed located a single mode of that output PLEASE enlighten me.

I may have missed some incredible breakthrough but from my knowledge there are no single mode 445nm diodes capable of that output. You are likely running an A140 or an M140 for that output. Both of which are multimode. If you have indeed located a single mode of that output PLEASE enlighten me.

Brother.... first I said 450nm. Secondly if you really read my post closer I said
not technically, BUT CLOSER than the 9mm or M-140.:na:

The better beam spec than a M-140 BUT 450nm diode that jander6442 was talking about.
:thanks:

DJNY

Thought it was a joke anyway cause you wrote down mW and people connect the `1.4´ automatically to Watts ;)

Welcome back wannaburnstuff!

I still know you :beer:

Last edited:
Nice to see you back in the heard wannaburnstuff...
pull up a seat and sit on the floor...:wave:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics