Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OK? on my first build?

updated my sig, now it says, "(in progress)..". As for an lpm, i really want one but can't find onw in my price range. Anyone i can just send my laser to to get its power reading? Any cheap lpms? (at least 2w)

there is a LPM member list thread somewhere, search for it and then you can find the person closest to you

Ok, i finally built it, but it doesnt seem to burn as well as i though it would. The beam is great and all, but it does not set paper on fire with an unfocused beam. Ill be putting pics up shortly. Any suggestions? Should i get it LPM'd?

if the paper is white it wont burn it. try putting a black dot on it with a marker. there has to be a member near you in cali with a LPM

Congrats on your build. You got some huevos jumping right into a 2 watt laser lol. Can you take some pictures of your build for us? Also, as someone else mentioned, can you share the safety glasses you are using?

:wave:

No problems mate. Ill upload some tomorrow at the latest. Just saying guys, without your help, i definetly would not have been able to complete this build. I got major help from MHemling, livinloud, wannaburnstuff, DTR, Matthew O., and a lot more! Special thanks to those guys!

:thanks::thanks:

Last edited:
:beer: glad we could help you with your build! i have my JAD C6 kit coming soon so now i need to pick a diode, kinda want to build a 1W 638 :p

Pics are HERE! Not the greatest, but they are OK> Taken with my windows phone 8. Better quality photos coming soon:

The Host:

host.jpg

The host with the laser on:

hostbeam.jpg

Beamshot 1:

beamshot2.jpg

Beamshot 2:

beamshot1.jpg

Thanks for looking, better pics coming soon!

-Matt

that garage pic is wayyy too awesome! love the color blend. Wanna split an LPM? if we get along of course :beer:

that garage pic is wayyy too awesome! love the color blend. Wanna split an LPM? if we get along of course :beer:

Haha, it depends, im all for getting along, not sure if i am ready to get an lpm yet, dnt have enough lasers yet lol,

haha i was JK. BTW i work on Montana and 11th, even went to lincoln years ago