Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oh no... WL does it again!

Holy bat shit Robin! Steve @ Wicked Lasers has been hitting the opium pipe again and the Joker is in control.
I think you guys are right Mr. Lucas is going to have a conniption fit about this one.
Just the stupidity of putting a dual laser out on the market is just asking for trouble not to mention what the FDA and customs will do. They will start checking every package coming in to the country and will make it tougher to get lasers.

Steve definitely has his head up his ass!

Yeah you gotta wonder about this thing.. Brings a whole new meaning to foolish. Maybe WL won't be happy until the FDA finds a way to shut them down..

George Lucas is gonna freak,and probably win this time. I think if used safely this would actully be cool. But its SO dangerous. I cant wait to see it in use on youtube or something.
And wow 2000mw

I think that Lucas will probably publicly put up a bit of a fight about this, but if there's one thing that most guys like George Lucas know it's that there's no such thing as bad publicity. My guess is that nothing will come of it in the end..

Last edited:
"Yo dawg, we heared you like lasers, so we put a laser inside a laser, so you can laser (yourself) while lasering (others)".

Again i cant wait to see a working model on youtube. But they should put "Order now and guaranteed to recieve within 12 months" lol

Last edited:

Helios

Again i cant wait to see a working model on youtube. But they should put "Order now and guaranteed to recieve within 12 months" lol

Thats the last thing we should want. This is so beyond dangerous that it could cause a lot of negative attention. Youtube will just make it spread that much more. It could easily lead to more strict laser regulation or higher efforts in seizing imported lasers.

I personally dont buy assembled lasers so it doesnt really matter to me but it would be a shame.

Pilgor

I just found out today is Star Wars day. LOL Wicked went all out with this idea.

That would be rich.. I had no idea, but then again I live under a rock when it comes to some things.. bet it's a propaganda tool lol! Vaporware..

Last edited:
I can't imagine a stupider move on WL's part. I really do hope they get sued. That's unreasonably dangerous. It doesn't even have a practical purpose! Point it at the stars.. and get a one watt laser burning your clothes at the same time! Twirl it around and have a light-sabre fight.. Until your retina's are fried for life! Not to mention the countless others some unknowing dunderhead would blind with this silly device.

If all the other countless incidents haven't already ruined this hobby, this laser could certainly push the negativity towards lasers over the brim. /end rant/

-AAlasers

anselm

i sent one to that site yesterday.:D
I'm not sure it will reach him through that channel, I think their main objective is to make a book out of the fan mail.:thinking:

Last edited:
I sent lucasfilms an email just now. Found this info on the terms of use section on starwars.com:

DMCA Complaints
Lucasfilm Ltd.
P.O. Box 29901
San Francisco, CA 94129
Fax: (415) 623-1059
Email: dmcacomplaints@lucasfilm.com

Pulled from the terms of use:
"15. Copyright Infringement Policy; Notice of Copyright Infringement Claims

Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Safe Harbor Notice Provisions
It is the policy of Lucas to respect the intellectual property of others. If you are alleging that copyrighted material may have been or is being infringed with respect to any items on the Site , then you may notify Lucas pursuant to the U.S. Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512 (c), by sending a notice to the address listed below."

Even though I think it's saying if something on their site is guilty of infringement, it is probably the same department we're looking to get a hold of.

Last edited:

Razako

This has to be one of the stupidest things I've seen. Used as "directed" it's utterly pointless and turning both on at the same time too show off would be pretty tricky to do without burning/blinding something.

What's next? Two rifles duct-taped together pointing in opposing directions?

This has to be one of the stupidest things I've seen. Used as "directed" it's utterly pointless and turning both on at the same time too show off would be pretty tricky to do without burning/blinding something.

What's next? Two rifles duct-taped together pointing in opposing directions?

Dont give them ideas. :)

Last edited:

Helios

A knife with blades on both sides and no handle would be just about as useful and probably a little safer

Last edited:
Sith Series.

They're definitely getting sued :eg:.

If anybody else is going to make a "duble-sidid-laz0r," please use some 5mW 635nm lasers, not a fricking 1W.

Last edited: