Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oh no Kipkay and lasers again

No reply on my post which I spent time assembling , you know it's not easy typing while cracking up! "Module uses no power" good thing he told me that, I was about to buy batteries for my lasers.
Ehh...

Good point, Charlie Bruce - do not do anything what can be used against us. Hacking the account is a felony, AFAIK.

I like his idea of starting a list of incidents that have occurred to anyone here- How they happened, and posted with the remedy, to prevent that particular failure of safety from happening again. There are a few thread I could dig up..

My son suffered no eye damage and the beam DID not go in his eyes regardless of what you think it looks like in the video. Relax....

Well that's good Kipkay, but the main idea here IMO is that you obviously get a ton of viewers on Youtube, a large portion i'm sure are younger kids who are probably not mature and responsible enough to observe the proper safety when handling lasers.
So as the saying goes 'actions speak louder than words' applies here; showing your son wearing eye protection goes a lot further for your viewers safety rather than only verbally warning your viewers (which i'm happy you do). People are more likely to imitate what you do, rather than what you say, or in this case warn.
Just something to keep in mind. :)

Last edited:
And just how many of you think he'll actually do what you guys keep telling him and add the comprehensive safety warnings to all of his videos?

All he cares about is about how many hits his videos can get. He can, and (as shown), he will do anything to get those views. In the end, he profits.

He couldn't give a flying f*ck about safety- it doesn't affect him in any way at all.

A safety warning would only turn potential viewers/customers off.

See him commenting about ROG's lighter tutorial? He's just trying to get away with the lowest common denominator. He doesn't care about responsibility.

As much as I'd hate to say, it's a waste of time going after that quack. He doesn't care about safety to make a profit, and he does not care whether people get hurt or not.

As long as $$$ keeps flowing into his greedy ass, he won't do anything about it.

Sadly, there will always be these complete morons who will put people at risk of permanent physical harm just to make a profit.

Anyone tried contacting the FDA about this yet?

Last edited:

HIMNL9

Well, i see, Kipkay is a member here, so i can say him something directly (and sorry for the bad English, i hope that what i mean will be clear the same).

Is not for the "general safety" related questions, that probably a lot of peoples don't like your videos, here, (or, at least, so i understood, reading the comments) ..... is cause, mainly, the generic appearance of the works that you do in your videos, can make peoples think that a laser is nothing other than a toy, regardless its power.

I mean, we all know 1mW keychain lasers are toys, and can cause damages only if someone, intentionally, look inside them without blink for a certain time ..... but, the way that the work is presented in some of your videos, also if we (as laser users) know basical safety precautions, can made other peoples, not used to lasers, think that also a 150mW of BR is just a toy that can be waved in face (or directed to the face) to anyone, without consequences, cause "it's only a toy" .....

For the video of your lighter, as example, the dangerous thing is not if the beam hit or not the eyes, is not the fact that the person with the cigarette have, or not have, suffered any damage ..... is the fact that, from that video, anyone that don't know anything about lasers, can understand that is safe to point a 150mW focused laser at their faces, without wear protective goggles ..... is THE IDEA that is wrong .....

If you only made some more efforts, in your videos, for diffuse basical safety rules about laser use (also just saying and showing that lasers are not toys and that protective goggles must be used, and them must never be pointed to faces and eyes), you can give a great contribution to the hobby, and get much less criticisms from laser forums, you know ? ..... i don't think that, as example, wear a pair of goggles in the videos, and saying clearly that lasers are not toys, can need too much efforst ..... just a personal opinion, anyway ;)

Goninanbl00d, just as a side note, cursing and typing profanities is not exactly allowed on the forum so please star-out the words or something.

On-topic, I got PM confirmation from Ave that Kipkay did infact dinate $100 when he said that he did.

He is for whatever reason still very interested in staying on the forum,
In my opinion he's trying to regain the reputation which will in turn help his videos to get better views and reputation too.

Kipkay, donating money ain't gonna help you. Doing what 20 members on this thread alone has already told you will - show some respect for safety of you, your family, and your viewers which adore you like some sort of idol.
Make a video to show them nothing else but how laser safety glasses work and where can you buy them, video like that alone will do more than any other written warning in description box.

You claimed not to get payed by laserdiy.com , but you're advertising them bigtime, might as well advertise the site that one member here linked 2 or 3 pages ago, with some good safety goggles for $80 IIRC.

I feel that now its not the matter of him putting the safety goggles website up because we all now that only takes 2 sec to put in, I think he doesn't want to admit that what we are telling him is very true and we are concerned thats all. I think his head is so gassed up that he thinks hes too good and smart to take advice from us....

I Think he is taking it personal and not looking at the situation the right way.We are only trying to help but hes ego and views are much more impotent then the actual viewers watching. Does he honestly think that by wearing or mentioning or link something about safety goggles will hurt his views I think not. He is at the point where he is large enough that no matter what he post it will get views.

I dont think he want to admit hes wrong, But its not about who's wrong or right its about safety that we are concerned about thats all.

Kipkay have some respect for the veterans on this forum, they are very knowledgeable and know what they are talking about. The are only trying to help. If you see it as any other way then your stubborn and you need to realize that its not even about you its about the thousand to millions of viewers you get that deserve the information that the veterans here are telling you to put in your videos about safety.

Someone with the power that you have should be honored to take advise from veterans on LPF. They have been around the block several times and they know what they are talking about . All it would take is 1 kid getting hurt and your carrier with KipKay would be over... Just think about that when the next time your posting a video:thinking:

They are only trying to help if you cant see that you will soon find out the hard way.

LA5ER

Ok you guys are obviously jelly of kipkay, i doubt anyone even made the laser lighter in the first place. let alone a kid.

AND i think thats its a good idea that he randomly gives the lasers to anyone, that way they will blind themselves and maybe kipkay can get in big trouble.

HIMNL9

Ok you guys are obviously jelly of kipkay, i doubt anyone even made the laser lighter in the first place. let alone a kid.

AND i think thats its a good idea that he randomly gives the lasers to anyone, that way they will blind themselves and maybe kipkay can get in big trouble.

Sorry, i personally prefer that none get blinded, regardless the fact that this can cause him troubles.

Do you realize that your line of thinking is one of the things that caused (and still cause) to laser hobby the most part of the stupid problems that laws and govs place here and there, right ? :mad:

What? If you're trying to say 'jealous' I doubt anyone here is jealous of him. I don't care that he makes money off video views, I do care that he makes it by showing incredibly dangerous things with very little safety information.

To add my input i did make the laser as soon as i saw the video. It died right away and there was no mention in the video that it would only last for like 5 minutes. All in all Kipkay is just looking for a quick buck it doesn't matter how he gets it. Even i it means putting a child in harms way including his own son might i add. :whistle:

Well, have you seen his red laser flashlight hacks?

All direct driven. The poor diode would last a few minutes at best, perhaps even shorter.

That idiot doesn't know anything about lasers, otherwise he wouldn't be peddling this crap.

I tried the lighter one first, and it failed so i didn't even bother with the Mini Mag Flashlight Hack! When i saw it posted i just left it alone then i found this site and figured out why it failed so bad lol.

I don't understand why everyone dislikes Kipkay so much. I understand he did not use proper safety precautions with the laser, and he doesn't use drivers, but even then, such a strong disliking towards him?
I've watched his videos for a long time now and he's made a lot of cool things, and lasers is just one of the many things he knows how to build. Of course it doesn't compete with most of the DIY builds from the average LPF user, but there's so much more more he can do than just lasers.

Could someone explain it to me? I've never understood for a long time now.

I understand he did not use proper safety precautions with the laser, and he doesn't use drivers

You've pretty much answered your own question.

He treats lasers as toys and all of his laser videos reflect his opinion. It's not a very safe one either- most people don't know about the dangers of high powered lasers either. Eventually, it's a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

He has a complete disregard for safety , as shown by his refusal to put a verbal warning, followed by a pause featuring a safety message in his videos? Why? Because he gets less views. And that means he rakes in less $$$.

On top of that, the whole driverless diode thing is just a scam. People watch the video, they go to laserdiy.com, and he gets paid for referrals.

Eventually they'll just keep coming back for more parts to destroy as per the instructions in his videos.

Which raises the point- what would do if your doctor was the village quack?