Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oh no Kipkay and lasers again

Oh, Rog "should" have done it? Come on?

I have added a safety Annotation to ALL of my laser videos on YouTube. There is an audio warning in the Cheapy Lighter Laser video that has been there since I made the video. All of my videos have a safety warning in the description as well. I'm sure that this will still not satisfy the users here.
Jesus Christ, stop breathing down ROG's neck and try to focus, it's not him we're talking about here, and answer the post #75!
EDIT - Ahh, I'm so frustrated that I do not pay attention.

Post #73, my post, with proving all of your points wrong.
Teh one with pretty picz!

Last edited:
KipKay I'll say it again as I have in the past. As you all know said:
Anyone with knowledge enough to be able to extract a working diode from a DVD burner or other device, and get it to work properly is smart enough to know the warnings regarding lasers[/B]. Even $1 laser pointers you can buy at a Dollar Store can under certain circumstance damge your eyes.

So why arn't you waring them?(safety goggles) or the person lighting the cigarette:confused:

Last edited:
A person who has a cigarette in his mouth and laser shined in their face is his own son. Just so you know ;)

I dint know that. Very sad that he doesn't even care about his own kids enough to give him a pair of goggles to put on. NO wonder he doesn't care about anyone else.:thinking:

Last edited:
Oh, Rog "should" have done it? Come on?

I have added a safety Annotation to ALL of my laser videos on YouTube. There is an audio warning in the Cheapy Lighter Laser video that has been there since I made the video. All of my videos have a safety warning in the description as well. I'm sure that this will still not satisfy the users here.

I think why I (and maybe others) am dissatisfied with you approach to safety on the "cheapy laser lighter" video is the irony of you telling people not to point the laser into anybody or any animals face while your pointing it directly at your forehead. I mean sure, your eyes are closed and all, but its never a good idea to take risks like that. Its one thing to be irresponsible and take risks, but its probably not a good idea to go posting you doing so in your videos.(just my personal opinion)

Also, It would probably be good to link where to get good eye protection in your videos.

--Hydro15

Kipkay

I dint know that. Very sad that he doesn't even care about his own kids enough to give them a pair of goggles to put on. NO wonder he doesn't care about anyone else.:thinking:

My son suffered no eye damage and the beam DID not go in his eyes regardless of what you think it looks like in the video. Relax....

My son suffered no eye damage and the beam DID not go in his eyes regardless of what you think it looks like in the video. Relax....
Didn't?
But what if it did?!

Click page two and read post #73 to find out what module, heatsink, nad focusability means, this thread is goin' really fast.

Trevor

I think you missed your true calling as the White House press representative. :crackup:

You have quite a knack for not addressing what people are asking...

-Trevor

See thats what are hole point is not that it dint happen! That it could Happen!!! Hints the purpose of safety goggles. They dont work if you put them on after your blind.

Iam not the one that needs to Relax!!!!

Last edited:

Glad to hear it. I have just a few questions for you:

Do you receive any profit from people purchasing via LaserDIY.com? Even if not directly, but through advertising or referral? If you do, don't you think it is potentially unfair to redirect your fans to a hugely overpriced site (the value of those items is under $30), without mentioning that you get the money? I wouldn't be comfortable doing so myself. The price barrier does put off some people though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

Do you not think that a youtube-based giveaway of 5 potentially blinding lasers, to anyone over 13, anywhere in the world, without previously emphasising the safety, is a good thing? Personally, I suspect that the demographic of your subscribers (and casual viewers) would be less responsible, on average, than the user-base on here. Just out of interest, are you going to ask them to sign anything to disclaim responsibility or refuse entry to anyone you suspect will be irresponsible?

Do you think that you are putting too much emphasis on getting your channel seen, heard, and profitable? To me, I get the feeling that you're tying to squeeze every last drop out of youtube that you can. Not that other youtubers don't, it just puts me off, personally.

I'd like to thank you for the warnings that you have put in place so far, and I'd hope that you continue to keep people fully educated about the risks in the future. A PHR looks dim (so people are off-guard and common sense doesn't tell you to be cautious) but has the potential for major damage, if someone is not completely aware that the light will blind them if they take a direct (or even reflected) hit. Likewise, continuing to show a laser beam in the direction of your son's eye can only reinforce this sense that it isn't harmful, which is definitely a bad message to send to your fans, regardless of whether or not your son was actually injured.

3zuli

facepalm%201.jpg

sry for big pic, but it's worth it :(

Last edited:
sry for big pic, nut it's worth it :(

Hey, thanks for blocking out my post which I spent time and effort preparing, with a huge image that took you next to no effort. :whistle: (jk)

Addendum to previous post:

Google "LaserDIY" - at least the third result shows people the true value, but are you sure you want your name directly and visibly associated with people who are "way overpriced" (and if they read further, also disreputable)?

attachment.php

Attachments

• laserdiy.PNG
    laserdiy.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 386