Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Official, Hello LPF!!

I've been scoping out these forums from time time and finally signed up a couple months ago. I'm a mechanic by trade so naturally I love building and teardown. So, I thought I'd try my hand at assembling lasers. I've always loved lasers!! And I've owned a few. They've all gotten away from me one way or another, until now. So far I've built 3... And, so far I've achieved my first RIP diode. Yeah, she parted from us late Thursday evening while playing in the fog. She was such a brilliant 700mW of 638nm. At least she went while doing what she loved and was good at.

There's been some learning curves as to be expected, and they come quickly😉 But, in the short time I've been here I've met a few of you and learned a ton: DTR, Lifetime17, Jayrob, to name a few...and I hope to learn much more from all. I'll see you out there soon.

VR

Josh

:wave: Welcome to the Forum Josh...
Don't forget to get appropriate Laser
Safety Goggles/Glasses.
Enjoy your stay...and be Laser Safe.

Jerry

Hi Josh,
Welcome to LPF yes many awesome folks here to help. And we also have a search bar for valuable information. Enjoy your stay buddy

Rich:)

Rivem

Welcome Josh! It's awesome you started building right away. Make sure to post some photos.:beer:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Shotgundrums! :beer:
Glad to see you've jumped right in and started building, the only downside to that is that now you're officially considered a "Laser Addict", and there is no known cure. :crackup:

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay here!

PS - Love the avatar, RIP poor old 638. :cryyy:

Welcome, Josh. What find of host heat sink did you have your dead 635nm diode in? They like to stay as cool as possible and a good heat sink helps to do that. Very funny avatar. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Welcome to LPF. I also liked your avatar. :D For being located in Japan, your english is very proficient.

Rivem

Welcome to LPF. I also liked your avatar. :D For being located in Japan, your english is very proficient.

99% sure he's an American there. Probably something military-related.

My family almost ended up in Okinawa when I was a kid for the same reason.

I was thinking the same thing, what a name though, and that diode, funny.

!!Thanks for all the warm welcomes, folks!! As soon as some parts start arriving, new life will begin!! I'll post some pics then too in the corresponding red, blue, green

Josh

BobMc

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy and be safe. Sorry to hear about your dead solder. May we have moment of silence please. :bowdown:

Sad to say it does happen. But as they say, jump right back on the horse, and it's time to build another. :)

Just in case you don't know "beamshots" are always a crowd pleaser. :D