Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM44 Handheld Build - Stainless steel

I like sanwu and their expanders are cool, but these threads are possibly proprietary.

Your build looks great EP :gj:

2vulb1e.jpg

Last edited:

Yes, as RCB said I did indeed use the adapter and just built around it:
2w5oewg.jpg

I'll be honest the main reason was because I was too lazy to machine it myself, it looks like I may have saved myself some trouble but caused it for others
lol

My thread gauge sits comfortably at 0.5mm pitch, if it's not that it's pretty damn close
50i99t.jpg

One of the best ways to find threading is buy a sample of nuts based off of one variable you know for sure, for example 0.5mm pitch. Instead of taking a bullet by buying an incorrect tap, buy a bunch of nuts that might fit, test them and then get the tap for the correct nut threading. This includes anything in a different measurement system, ie imperial vs metric.

Thanks for the compliments on the build, CynicalBrad, RCB :D

EDIT: Just checked w/ my SAE thread gauge, I don't see a match there

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
I saw you said your primary was adjustable for fine tuning focus, that an added extra.

I have M11 x 0.5 and M12 x 0.5 and the diameter is between the two, closer to 11.25mm or so.

55721d1492647574-nubm44-handheld-build-stainless-steel-sany0648.jpg

Attachments

• SANY0648.JPG
    SANY0648.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
HI EP,
I.ii save you the headache the thread size isssss 11.45 mm it's a custom thread or close to that . So theres no tap made to fit it . You have to get it custom made and its around 110.00 bucks .

Rich:)

HI EP,
I.ii save you the headache the thread size isssss 11.45 mm it's a custom thread or close to that . So theres no tap made to fit it . You have to get it custom made and its around 110.00 bucks .

Well don't that just suck, Sanwu what did you go and do that for !!! I don't know that i'll ever buy one now !

You will like them and they are 55.00, I can work around it. There is an adaptor that you can drill out and use as a nut.

Lifetime17 did you have an 11.45 x 0.5 tap made?

Hi Red,
Working on it for the past week or so for the tap it really seems that Sanwu doesn't want to reveal the thread size though and i can see why. There is nothing wrong with using a Sanwu adapter pressed in, i made a few BE adapters for the XM900 with the adapter that fit over the OD of the bezel and locks in with three nylon tip set screws. i posted some pics of the adapters i make but its with a Jet 10X that i threaded myself. Just when you press in the Sanwu make sure its flush to the sink or in my case the adapters face, by facing off the edge smooth. Doing this will let the BE mesh and locking tight so you can focus with one hand. Works awesome. I make them for various host to fit that i am selling also . Made one for a small EDC and for a customers own !0x that they purchased some where /

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3d6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3d6.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 38
  • fullsizeoutput_3d5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3d5.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hi Red,
Working on it for the past week or so for the tap it really seems that Sanwu doesn't want to reveal the thread size though and i can see why. There is nothing wrong with using a Sanwu adapter pressed in, i made a few BE adapters for the XM900 with the adapter that fit over the OD of the bezel and locks in with three nylon tip set screws. i posted some pics of the adapters i make but its with a Jet 10X that i threaded myself. Just when you press in the Sanwu make sure its flush to the sink or in my case the adapters face, by facing off the edge smooth. Doing this will let the BE mesh and locking tight so you can focus with one hand. Works awesome. I make them for various host to fit that i am selling also . Made one for a small EDC and for a customers own !0x that they purchased some where /

since I have a jet 10X now I went ahead and got the correct tap this time M12 X 0.75mm.....

Hi Acc
Ok that tap is for the smaller thread on the Jet 10X if you take the that back one off you will find the thread that is integral to the BE and its a lot larger than the 12mm . I don't use that part of the BE

Hi Acc
Ok that tap is for the smaller thread on the Jet 10X if you take the that back one off you will find the thread that is integral to the BE and its a lot larger than the 12mm . I don't use that part of the BE

Oh dang it ! I meant to say M25 X 0.75mm ! How lucky was I to be right about the smaller part ? LOL

Last edited:
HI,
Acc
It is not a 25X .75 it is 25x0.5 pitch ,the drill size is 24.05 ,but the beginning threads are shallow so you have to start wth stepping up the ID then finish with the final drill size then use a boring bit to face off the inside . its not that easy to produce a fine thread like this , cameras use a fine thread and the material makes a load of difference in the final product.Its a PIA But doable if you have the right tooling and patience.

HI,
Acc
It is not a 25X .75 it is 25x0.5 pitch ,the drill size is 24.05 ,but the beginning threads are shallow so you have to start wth stepping up the ID then finish with the final drill size then use a boring bit to face off the inside . its not that easy to produce a fine thread like this , cameras use a fine thread and the material makes a load of difference in the final product.Its a PIA But doable if you have the right tooling and patience.

I've got both

You tell me ?

M25 X 0.75mm.....

And M25 X 0.5mm.....

It is not M25 X 0.50mm it's M25 X 0.75mm, Well at least on mine it is ?

Last edited:
Hi Acc.
No its a 25x0.5 mm tap you see its a bottoming tap where the introducing threads are the three starting threads . it's 0.5 ending, as you start tapping the threads will widen up through the course of the tap. The initial hole is crucial to get a good start . The starting hole might be 24x0.5 but boring it out a mm or two more will give you what you want .
It's not .75.... try it like i did you have to work for it in tests and failure to achieve an outcome. Wish you well..

Please quit telling me it .50, This is under a 40X microscope !

Mine is 0.75 !!! Why, I have no idea, BowtieGuy will tell you his is 0.75 as well.....

I also Wish you Well..

Steve:friend:

Last edited:
Hi ACC,
So Sorry it's still 0.5 . take a look here . Its all i can say.Hope it comes out well for you buddy.

Attachments

• IMG_2961.JPG
    IMG_2961.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 90