Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

No Longer FS: Spectro'd 471nm and 472nm Nichia NDB7675 Diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhd

Re: FS: Spectro'd 471nm and 472nm Nichia NDB7675 Diodes

Rhd's right on that one. You won't notice the difference unless you're trying to.

Remember too that some wavelength ranges are prone to more pronounced changes than others. 589 vs 594 is a 5nm difference that you notice. 527nm to 532nm is a 5nm difference that I would challenge anyone to notice by eye.

I see the difference between the 466 and 471 wavelengths without struggle. But as you noted, I'm looking for it. I think "uninterested regular people" would notice the difference too, in this case (that's usually a good test). What I find the most pronounced, is actually the color difference in the splash. It's of course not actually more pronounced (the wavelength of the splash is the same as the dot and beam), but it's much easier to notice the color difference when looking at less intense light (or at least, that's what I've found).

Last edited:

I can agree with you there. The splash is a lot more pronounced as far as color is concerned than the spot itself. I should say at least with my diode, you'd need to look for the difference to notice. Gotta stop assuming these new diodes average a certain wavelength, especially when a lot of people are thinking these are just binned 9mm 445's

Plus, I never got my diode metered, so it may just be on the higher end of 465nm-470nm. Something I'll need to get done someday. Might run my current one at 1.8A (or lower) to get a lower wavelength.

Rifter

What are domestic shipping costs?

IsaacT

He said no sales to Canada

Rifter

He said no sales to Canada

You are correct, the first time i read post i stopped halfway through that last paragraph assuming it was all just a rant about people who cheap out on shipping.

Why no sales to canada he is in canada in his profile that makes no sense.

From what I know, canada has some strict laws regarding laser sales and RHD might just not want to be a part of the hassle. Also, I think laserglow doesn't sell to canada either (and they're based there)

Last edited:

Selling lasers within Canada is now VERY strict, moreso than sales to the US.

rhd

From what I know, canada has some strict laws regarding laser sales and RHD might just not want to be a part of the hassle. Also, I think laserglow doesn't sell to canada either (and they're based there)

I'm being extra conservative.

ARG

Selling lasers within Canada is now VERY strict, moreso than sales to the US.

Just for other peoples clarify, this only applies to handheld lasers. Other lasers are unrestricted.

rhd

Just for other peoples clarify, this only applies to handheld lasers. Other lasers are unrestricted.

Again - I'm probably being extra conservative. Sorry fellow Canucks.

ru124t

You are probably a Montreal Canadian's fan as well as conservative! LOL

Rifter

This was my understanding as well, which is why i found it very odd no shipping to canada. Makes no sense to me to exclude fellow citizens while still shipping to other countries who also have the same or even more strict laws than canada.

rhd

This was my understanding as well, which is why i found it very odd no shipping to canada. Makes no sense to me to exclude fellow citizens while still shipping to other countries who also have the same or even more strict laws than canada.

In my very first post, I said that this point was "non-debatable" and yet you fill up the thread with debate on exactly that point?

Diodes are no longer for sale.

Rifter

In my very first post, I said that this point was "non-debatable" and yet you fill up the thread with debate on exactly that point?

Diodes are no longer for sale.

Sorry, being new and and still learning exactly how the laws work i wasnt sure if ARG or you were correct in your interpretations of the laws.

Sorry to everyone.

EDIT TO ADD: I was not trying to negotiate i was trying to figure out the legality of shipping bare diodes in canada as i was under the impression it was ok but being so new have no real world experiance with dealing with the cops or health canada about it, you and ARG seem to have opposite interpretations of the laws so you cant both be right. Im strictly interesting in knowing who is right as i do not want to break any laws buying and selling items on the forums now or ever.

Last edited:

rhd

Sorry, being new and and still learning exactly how the laws work i wasnt sure if ARG or you were correct in your interpretations of the laws.

Sorry to everyone.

EDIT TO ADD: I was not trying to negotiate i was trying to figure out the legality of shipping bare diodes in canada as i was under the impression it was ok but being so new have no real world experiance with dealing with the cops or health canada about it, you and ARG seem to have opposite interpretations of the laws so you cant both be right. Im strictly interesting in knowing who is right as i do not want to break any laws buying and selling items on the forums now or ever.

I didn't offer any interpretation. I just indicated that I wasn't willing to sell to Canadians, and that it wasn't debatable for me. That's it.

A better way to go about things like this in the future, would be to PM someone.

Frankly, this is why LPF can't have nice things ;) I had two stipulations, that buyers needed to use a safe shipping method, and that I wouldn't sell to Canada.

People have frequently asked for wavelength binned diodes. I binned 4, and posted them. I didn't mark the price up because of the binning. I didn't charge more, or try to make a profit. I also didn't even add on the cost of the copper modules that they're coming pressed in, so that's kind of a freebie.

Despite that, what do I get? PM's asking me to bin at a different current, use cheaper untracked shipping, and a debate of my decision not to sell them to anyone in Canada.

I'd have much rathered sell these to someone on LPF at zero profit, and know they were going to a good home where the wavelength was truly cherished, instead of selling them on eBay. But it's not worth the pain.

Last edited:

Sorry to everyone.

You could have easily just used a service like reship. You get a US address that you can send anything to. You pay some fees, and they send it wherever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.