Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Nichia NUBM34T 115W 455nm

damian369

thank you .I order the glasses immediately

Alaskan

So, what happened, this thread stopped rather abruptly.

Light superglue

Hi Alaskan,

This is because only tedcs is confirmed to have this multidye package and only he can give info about this thing from first hands.
Wait until the price is halved, then more people on LPF would get it and play with it.

For me this is a technical forum where every decent build needs years to be accomplished. Many pieces have to be machined and several times reshaped, every mirror 100 times adjusted to get things working... and a lot of money to spend on pieces, which do not have any supplier.
In opposite to IT area where coders only need notebook and current to do a job overnight anywhere on the globe. So for them posting once a years is necro posting. For us technical workers one post a year about a new build is still too frequent!

Alaskan

The documentation in this thread is first rate, so good I want more!

I'd also like to put one of these blue laser diode arrays in a large host I have, but I'd have to expand the beams a lot to reduce the divergence as well as help join the individual beam outputs to appear more like a single beam, not really possible to make it appear as one beam that way, but I think I can get it to approximate one.

I'm working on a multi-diode Nichia NDG7D75-E 525 nm pointer and what you are saying is well taken, it takes time and adjustments to get it right, I'm hoping this one won't require multiple trips to a machine shop. It's going to break the mold when done, unique in more than one way.

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
The documentation in this thread is first rate, so good I want more!

I'd also like to put one of these blue laser diode arrays in a large host I have, but I'd have to expand the beams a lot to reduce the divergence as well as help join the individual beam outputs to appear more like a single beam, not really possible to make it appear as one beam that way, but I think I can get it to approximate one.

I'm working on a multi-diode Nichia NDG7D75-E 525 nm pointer and what you are saying is well taken, it takes time and adjustments to get it right, I'm hoping this one won't require multiple trips to a machine shop. It's going to break the mold when done, unique in more than one way.
Tease!

Light superglue

Yes these beams have to be expanded for sure. Soon I will try this with my 31T, I purchased this lens to make a big expander. Biggest AR coated with known f what I could find on ebay:

But I think the problem with these MDP is that the beams are also not focused. Later I am going to take the gang lens off and hold it in an adjustable mount...

Alaskan

Nice find, difficult to find AR coated PCX lenses that large on ebay!

Light superglue

I want to repeat here the info what I just have posted in the thread about 31T:

BTW for those who is looking for cheap and decent driver for these MDP (multi-dye packages) like 31T and 34T.

I have experimented with both these constant current drivers from ali:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...08#5965#571_668#888#3325#19_668#2717#7565#706

The 600W one was real piece of shit, the current could not even reach 2A, but the 900W one was working well and it looks that it can make 3A each even with 2 of these 31T chips in parallel (not tried yet).

I aso have tried Indium foil in place of Arctic Silver with NUBM08 block like Styro did on his YT video with 31T, but with all 3 thicknesses I tried (0.03mm, 0.1mm and 0.3mm) the block after 1-2 min was 10ºC warmer than while using Arctic Silver on the same heatsink.

Alaskan

Thank you for posting the info on those. I've used the 600 watt ones, although a very different model, and quickly found the higher the boost, the less current, POS' don't live up to what the sellers indicate, they won't tell you that, just list them for example stating 10 amps output, but the higher the boost from the input voltage, the less current, far less.

Due to this, you won't get the claimed amount of power out in watts, not even close when simply doubling the voltage. I would have expected if rated for 1000 watts, you would pull a lot more input current to get 1000 watts of doubled voltage (at half current) on the output, minus conversion loss, but nope! You won't be able to pull the 10 amps, it just sucks down with a 10 amp load to a low output voltage when trying to pull it.

After seeing your post about this, I found one on ebay too:

Last edited:

Light superglue

Yes, it is always better to use highest voltage for input (less amperes). If one day I do a decent portable I would use this body with 56V Li battery: