Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nichia 460-470nm 9mm 1.4w?!

DTR

I know they did not actually have them in stock like they do a lot of times putting up a presale with a extended handling time assuming they will be in stock at a certain point to suck up the sales. I was told the sample I ordered from a different source would not be ready till the 8th due to holiday. I will shoot them a message to make sure they are still a go. I know Nichia has been running around quite in a tiff since the NDG7475 and NDB7A75 fiasco.

Just maybe ----- A company makes a batch which is
by accident, the wrong color. What to do with them???
Sell them to LPF at a GREAT (big!) price!!!!
HMike

Last edited:

IWIRE

That would be a really cool color ! Hope you find a supplier DTR ! I saw he pulled his listing and went to check out his store. He has two different 3.5w 445's listed, the spec sheets look the same, but one is about $100 more than the other :thinking: I didn't know there were two different 3.5w 445nm diodes .

He has more than one of the 1W 520nm too. I think he just added the new listings and left the older (more expensive) ones there.

IWIRE

I think your right. I've seen quite a few sellers have the same product listed at various different prices. Who knows maybe people don't look around and actually pay more for the same product. My pockets aren't deep enough to not shop around. :)

I uploaded the specification sheet from Nichia on this diode today, but have it as a PDF and I can't move it to the forum from there for some reason. Nichia is calling this the aquamarine laser diode. If that is true, it is a blue/green color and I'm sure it's just awesome at 1400mW.

DTR

I uploaded the specification sheet from Nichia on this diode today, but have it as a PDF and I can't move it to the forum from there for some reason. Nichia is calling this the aquamarine laser diode. If that is true, it is a blue/green color and I'm sure it's just awesome at 1400mW.

The 472nm NDA diodes are the Aquamarine ones.
http://www.nichia.co.jp/specification/products/ld/NDA7175E-E.pdf

This 1.4W 462nm is a NDB Blue diode. Guess the wavelength is not high enough for the NDA status.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6-KC5wFXIJWjVxYi1Ka0w1QVE/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Right as usual. I didn't look at the part # closely enough and the 10nm is the difference between the NDB and the NDA. huh? You'd think that they are close enough for government work, but I was wrong. Thanks for clearing that up, DTR.

IsaacT

If these pan out I will be buying one. But I don't want to bite early. I grew up fishing. If there is one thing I learned from that it is that while the early bird gets the worm, the early fish gets flayed for dinner.

That datasheet is dated 2011. Took long enough for these to appear in the wild..

I've been calling them nichi@ or something of the like lately, heard they're fussy about their LDs, and those here before me remember the c@$io thing.

Obviously there's lots of instances of both naughty words around here, but I figure might as well not give them ammunition premptively.

just a though, might be useless and unnecessary. it is such a silly thing

I thought I saw Hak allude to them being fussy about it.

Last edited:

DTR

Ok the beam shape and divergance is exactly the same as the 445nm. At first I did not think I could see any difference but after looking closely I can see a slight difference. Maybe just a bit less violet in the color.
w7gh.jpg

67u2q.jpg

limw.jpg

v69j.jpg

I will get some power readings from it later.:)

DTR

They look and have identical beam specs as the 9mm 445's so these could be from the same production line. Manufacturers of diodes and LED's bin them and sell them off in bins based on wavelength and power. It is also possible they are from a completely different production with different structure or lasing medium to produce this wavelength. I don't know. Some macro shots of a decanned one might tell us for sure.:beer:

To me, in the bottom pic, the one in the host is a lighter blue than the one in the one in the finned sink.

DTR

Yea this one was much better for a side by side.
limw.jpg