Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New "laser armour" for pilots

Better this than a downed aircraft or a total ban
on Lasers...

Jerry

Laser Armor™ aids in the planning and implementation of a coordinated response that protects personnel and equipment from voluntary and involuntary laser strikes, while at the same time extending operational capabilities and readiness in night operations.

:wtf: Personnel is volunteering to be hit with lasers? I mean :wtf: is a voluntary laser strike? :confused:

Last edited:

DrSid

:wtf: Personnel is volunteering to be hit with lasers? I mean :wtf: is a voluntary laser strike? :confused:

Further in the article there are better phrase for the (imho) same thing: intentional or incidental laser strikes.

maybe voluntary means that the person that is pointing the laser at the aircraft is volunteering to do so. :D not the best use of words bit I think that's what they meant...

and these googles might be some excellent ones to get :D protecting against blue and green and still be able to see different colors and good for use at night... I want a pair please :D

I think this should have been done earlier ... with all the lasers being available freely and irresponsibly ... :tsk::tsk:

nice find ... Now I can point my lasers at every aircraft I want!!!!! muahahahaha :eg::eg::eg: :crackup: just kidding :crackup:

All this despite the fact that no aircraft has ever crashed due to the use of lasers. Well I guess if this "laser armor" became widespread there would be less reason to have an outright ban on lasers.

LaZeRz

People would probably start shining lasers at planes even more if they knew that the pilots would be safe.

All this despite the fact that no aircraft has ever crashed due to the use of lasers. Well I guess if this "laser armor" became widespread there would be less reason to have an outright ban on lasers.

Very true. The hysteria is getting a bit annoying.
That could be true(about helping to not ban lasers). However, my thoughts are that ANY attention brought to the public or the powers that be about lasers and aircraft is bad publicity so to speak.

The number of reported incidents has been steadily increasing over the past several years. This could be twofold. More incidents may be being reported than might have previously gone unreported. The other reason, more and more cheap lasers available = more and more lasers in the hands of morons. The more incidents that occur the greater and greater the probability of a catastrophe. Either way, lawmakers may eventually propose a ban if the number of incidents continue to rise. They will definitely impose a strict ban if a catastrophe ever does occur. Morons make things bad for legitimate people.

The number of reported incidents has been steadily increasing over the past several years. This could be twofold. More incidents may be being reported than might have previously gone unreported. The other reason, more and more cheap lasers available = more and more lasers in the hands of morons. The more incidents that occur the greater and greater the probability of a catastrophe. Either way, lawmakers may eventually propose a ban if the number of incidents continue to rise. They will definitely impose a strict ban if a catastrophe ever does occur. Morons make things bad for legitimate people.

Thanks for telling me something I already know.

Very true. The hysteria is getting a bit annoying.
That could be true(about helping to not ban lasers). However, my thoughts are that ANY attention brought to the public or the powers that be about lasers and aircraft is bad publicity so to speak.

I have to agree with you. I also feel that in the case of lasers just about any publicity is bad publicity.