Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New DX 30mW Mini Metal case laser (CR123a)

Razako

mikeeey said:
Mine says 30mW.
i hope they didnt scam you, lol.
I'm guessing that the supplier shipped out a bunch of 20mw ones to dx and the people at dx didn't think of reading the label.

I assumed that because it's the same model number L-A030 it would have the same output of 30mw? I thought the "30" part of the model number may have something to do with the output? The other Romisen lasers on DX all have 030 at the end of the model number and are all 30mw so I made an assumption. Does Romisen sell the same laser in different outputs?

Razako

NeverBetter said:
I assumed that because it's the same model number L-A030 it would have the same output of 30mw? I thought the "30" part of the model number may have something to do with the output? The other Romisen lasers on DX all have 030 at the end of the model number and are all 30mw so I made an assumption. Does Romisen sell the same laser in different outputs?
All of their lasers on Dx are supposed to be 30mw. I have 2 of these and they both came with a <30mw sticker. Visibly they are brighter than my true 30 and much more stable.

I'm just confused as to wether there was a mistake in the label or the output really is lower?

I just found a link selling the same laser advertised as 20mw, so perhaps there is a 20mw version and DX sent out a bunch instead of the 30mw version?  :-?

I wish I had a meter. Or atleast something to compare.

-Edit

Just saw some discussions on the DX website about this same problem and apparently DX did send the wrong item. Now I don't know wether to send this back and wait the few weeks for the 30mw one or to just keep this...

Razako

NeverBetter said:
I'm just confused as to wether there was a mistake in the label or the output really is lower?

I just found a link selling the same laser advertised as 20mw, so perhaps there is a 20mw version and DX sent out a bunch instead of the 30mw version? :-?

I wish I had a meter. Or atleast something to compare.

-Edit

Just saw some discussions on the DX website about this same problem and apparently DX did send the wrong item. Now I don't know wether to send this back and wait the few weeks for the 30mw one or to just keep this...
I would just keep it as long as it still works well. At $20 it just isn't worth the extra shipping money+the wait for 10 more mw.

Do experienced forum members think this is a good laser for say a cheap scanner or lliquid sky effect. If i run it an hour straight will it suck? ie fade shutdown. idk what else. Can i mod it to run cooler?
Thanks,
micah

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, But I thought I would share that I just ordered one of these. Right now I'm in a transitional period. I've sold my alpha 125 and I have no green lasers!! I have a Prometheus 300mW on the way, but it wont be here for another month or so. I needed something to hold me over until the prometheus arrived, so I ordered this little guy. I'm basically just looking for something I can hold in my pocket and not really worry about it. I dont care if it burns or not, actually I'm more concerned with divergence. I want this thing to be able to point pretty damn far!!

Anyway... anyone have any new pictures of this laser? (L-A030)

diachi

I have this laser too, its a great little laser , good for carrying in your pocket, its pretty tough, mines can burn black plastic bags and sting sharpied skin :D I love it, I've been playing with it every day since I got it months ago !

Diachi

Sorry, no good pictures, except my youtube video, but that only shows it at a tree 300 feet away or so, and it's just a slideshow of images.

When there are clouds in the sky you can point at them and see a small dot on them. when the clouds are low you can definitely see it, you can draw on the sky! All i have is this picture of me with the laser:

Attachments

• l_1932e0df3e78eafa6c7fe02fcb262a41.jpg
    l_1932e0df3e78eafa6c7fe02fcb262a41.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 77

diachi

Mines has no warning label, I can take pictures of my friends just now if you want since I have his and mines, and his has the warning label.

And if your wondering what the black thing on my finger is, I had no plasters for my burn :p

Attachments

• IMG161.JPG
    IMG161.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 85