Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW(and better) discount code for REKE 500RGB

:wave:HEADS UP-- the Reke 500rgb is back on sale!!
for how long IDK. but right now at

300mw 650nm Red 50mW 532nm Green 150mW 450nm Blue Laser RGB Full Color Animation Laser Light DJ Equipment Auto Sound DMX512 ILDA PC Master Slave Stage Laser Light Projector Reke-500RGB

promo code plus sale price will get you delivered (dhl) a seven color ILDA PJ for 240$ and change. Use code March8laser .
They will no longer ship for free but the code drops the price by 50$ usd so the 55$ to ship gets it down the lowest it has been in months.
Ask for LPKath to handle your order and request that she

1)remove from box-plug in wall-

2)look to see good red, green and blue.

3)ask her to look close at yellow to see if any red or green shows.

4)and if it does not pass this simple test go get another and test again.

The warranty is more or less usless- so try your best to get a good PJ from the start
Hopefully she will remember all this from several other orders where we asked same.

Keep you message simple- no abbreviations- keep in mind that she is sales and knows very little about PJ.s WE did get one with an underspec Green module and sadly no reply to requests for a partial small refund to allow us to swap out the module- which costs less than just one way shipping back the entire PJ.
These rekes are what they are. low cost ...only TTL.. but with a real 15K scanset, ILDA (in only) DMX and dichros & RRGB(445nm)- the two reds are cubed together.
Dont expect it to preform or last like a $ 5K Kvant and I cant bitch very much about the warranty issue.
If any of you guys get a REKE PM me a week or so later so I can set you up wth Pango QS--
You will like Dr Lava's SW but Pango has the best customer service.

Forget the I Show- mamba- laserboy --pasta etc..

and the crap animations built -in the Reke are very boring and limited.
GL
V/R hak

Last edited:

I LOVE my REKE500 with the QS software running (So does Everybody who has seen it!) 8)
Clue me in to the advantage of having two of these? How do you use your two? if you still have 2?

:lasergun:

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Hakzaw1. That is a great price, I am becoming more interested in projectors lately and would love one sometime. My house is pretty small though, I wonder what the minimum distance from a wall is for a projector like this?

I noticed in the description on the website under notes there was this " The laser can be bright enough when you light it in normal temperature, so you had better not light it continually over 30 seconds "

It sounds almost like the one size fits all instruction manual you see sometimes with pen style lasers. Surely this can't apply to a projector like this one eh?

Last edited:
Well I won't pay 70$ for shipping. Someone tell them to put Regular Registered shipping?

ElectroMagneticFreak;1073182]Thanks for the link Hakzaw1. That is a great price, I am becoming more interested in projectors lately and would love one sometime. My house is pretty small though, I wonder what the minimum distance from a wall is for a projector like this?

There's a knob on the back with which you can adjust the size of the projection from tiny to HUGE! Space...big or small...no problem.

I noticed in the description on the website under notes there was this " The laser can be bright enough when you light it in normal temperature, so you had better not light it continually over 30 seconds "

It sounds almost like the one size fits all instruction manual you see sometimes with pen style lasers. Surely this can't apply to a projector like this one eh?

This is Most Definitely for something else...like a pen projector as you say.

If you get this projector...get QuickShow (from Hakzaw1) ;)
You Will Not regret it!

The March8laser code worked for me... $50.00 Off.
I got all the way to the payment page but they don't
take PayPal...

There will be no REKE 500RGB in my immediate future...:cryyy:

Jerry

ARG

I LOVE my REKE500 with the QS software running (So does Everybody who has seen it!) 8)
Clue me in to the advantage of having two of these? How do you use your two? if you still have 2?

You can run them separately with two DAC's or get an ILDA splitter cable and have them playing the same thing at the same time (it actually looks pretty good) if you have them pointing in a / \ shape.

If you (or anyone else) needs a DB-25 splitter cable, send me a PM! I found a 2 pack for 10$, but shipping to Canada is another 14$ (they have to ship tracked). Someone in the US can have it sent to them, and I'll pay half the cost + the extra shipping to Canada. I hate having to pay 150% of the cost of an item in shipping :yabbmad:

Has anyone tried purchasing one now? Every time I try to checkout, the payment system has not been working once I hit submit. It keeps saying an error has occured, even though I am sure I submitted the right information.

Also, what is the cheapest yet decent quality software to run one of these with a Dr. Lava's Sound Card DAC? Something free (or easily obtainable) is preferable, though I do understand you "get what you pay for".

Rod.....

here is what I did==the room ( a largish Bedroom) had vaulted ceilings so I crisscrossed them to shine mostly on the ceiling.
Nice also to have them side by side, slightly overlapping or very clost to exact overlapping. Beams may look better doing this over animations.
You can also change the size of the image on one and layer them--Abstracts really look cool on two at same time. good replies from others too.
Yes I now have two and am in a huge battle w/myself about finding 240$ for a third( to shoot thru a scrim-thus un-mirroring the image(

Thanks for the link Hakzaw1. That is a great price, I am becoming more interested in projectors lately and would love one sometime. My house is pretty small though, I wonder what the minimum distance from a wall is for a projector like this?

yes as they do a lot of copypasta when building these pop-up site a lot of wrong info gets used... ignore the 30 seconds my rekes have run non-stop or two hours (A/C in room) You can do outside displays

Well I won't pay 70$ for shipping. Someone tell them to put Regular Registered shipping?
I feel ya! but thats only 15$ more than shipping to me so... you will not regret.... do it.
The March8laser code worked for me... $50.00 Off.
I got all the way to the payment page but they don't
take PayPal...

There will be no REKE 500RGB in my immediate future...:cryyy:

Well Jerry thats a shame but...know this... PP has shut down many laser sellers completely from using it for any lasers-- If they did that to you but you accepted debit and credit cards......and folks were unhappy about that ... follow me. I am ordering one now for a friend w/ no CC.. no big problem- he has sent me a MO for $250--LM will ship to him..n/p

Jerry
You can run them separately with two DAC's or get an ILDA splitter cable and have them playing the same thing at the same time (it actually looks pretty good) if you have them pointing in a / \ shape.

If you (or anyone else) needs a DB-25 splitter cable, send me a PM! I found a 2 pack for 10$, but shipping to Canada is another 14$ (they have to ship tracked). Someone in the US can have it sent to them, and I'll pay half the cost + the extra shipping to Canada. I hate having to pay 150% of the cost of an item in shipping :yabbmad:
ARG-- I need another pair of splitters..PM me a link plz...mine(laserwinkle) was 25$ shipped free from Netherlands. I would be happy to FWD to you. PM me buddy.

here is the email just sent= use copypasta of the request portion ...IMO theres no sense making LPKath translate another version.

"
Hello my friend,
I see now a good price on REKE 500RGB=
so many friends are wanting to order some and we want you to take good care of us.
Please reply soon so I can help you to give good service to my friends.
They will all ask the same request.

They may also say that Len (or hakzaw) has sent them to you.

They all will ask you to please do this:

1)Remove REKE from box and plug into wall.

2)Turn on the reke and look at the colors

3)you should see a Red-a Green and a Blue Laser.

4)look close at the color yellow when you see yellow.

there should be a solid yellow--NOT any Red or Green with the yellow.
The color yellow is created in the REKE by mixing Green and Red- if this is not done right the red or green will show-- please do not send us any with poor yellow.

I am ordering one REKE500RGB for my friend who is a XXXXXX.
His name is XXXXX and I have added his address for this order paid by me.(soon)
My password for account at Lasersman is no longer working properly so I had to open another with my snapplz acct-- I am also hakzaw1 at gmail and on the Laser Forums..
Full name is Len XXXXX-- I purchased the same reke in March. I will ask all my friends to send praise to your leaders about your excellant help to us. Please be sure Steve gets a good REKE--

If you are not understanding all this I can have my China Partner Li contact you to explain all this. He is top salesman at JETLASERS and is laser expert and also a very good man with perfect English skills. He lives in Jinan.
Sorry to say that most China laser sellers do not honor the warranty so this means we need the best quality Reke to avoid any need to ever return for repair or replace.

I sent request to the other DinoDirect seller Yourlaser.com about a poor Green Laser (in a REKE 500RGB)and never got a reply-- the cost to repair is very small--& much less than the cost to ship back to USA.

I am ready to pay for ONE Reke now so please reply soon...
Len Henzel
hakzaw1 on the laser froums
I highly suggest that you copy the request portion ofthis Email and send it to LPKath service@lasersman.com.
BEFORE you place your order and again with your order.... More intense testing would be better but that may be asking way too much of Kath.

GL guys- do not wait or you may pay more or LPKath may no longer be able to help so...do it!!!--you IMO always be able to sell for 250$ :wave:

HAK:beer::crackup::shhh:

Last edited:

ARG

Also, what is the cheapest yet decent quality software to run one of these with a Dr. Lava's Sound Card DAC? Something free (or easily obtainable) is preferable, though I do understand you "get what you pay for".

Word of warning: SC DAC's are a pain in the ass to set up and trouble shoot. Especially if you are new to projectors. I wouldn't recommend them to someone who is looking for their first DAC.

Better to go with a RIYA Lite DAC. Very basic, and will get you started into projectors without a big headache. The price isn't bad either at 150$.

Edit: PM sent about the ILDA splitter Hak!

Last edited:
So $250 for this thing out the door?!?!?!
Damnit someone buy it for me. Please!

Word of warning: SC DAC's are a pain in the ass to set up and trouble shoot. Especially if you are new to projectors. I wouldn't recommend them to someone who is looking for their first DAC.

Thanks but I already built the SC DAC a long time ago. I used it with some 30k galvos with Laserboy and had it running just fine. But then my cheap 50mW TTL Green stopped working with TTL, so it had no blanking and looked horrible. I haven't played with projectors in a while, and figured this cheap projector might be a better start off, where I could maybe upgrade as needed, if possible.

So $250 for this thing out the door?!?!?!
Damnit someone buy it for me. Please!

I feel the same. In fact, only $240 out the door. I am having issues using my credit card though, so I'm getting worried I will miss out on the deal.

Last edited: