Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Net finds thread, real or bogus specifications? Report the good or the bad here.

GSS

^^^Yup^^^
What does 95% come out too? 5 unhappy buyers out of 100? I'm having a brain freeze:unsure:

GSS

Double post here..
Just want to show what I went through with selling on ebay a while ago.
I had a some laser Phasers I was selling..
I was getting repeated messages from someone asking me if the rated output was measured/metered on these phasers.
I had listed one 520 green at 1W as it was a M02 520 at 1.8A and 2 more units at 2W as they were M140 at 1.8A also.
I didn't have a LPM at the time..
I just got a bad feeling of this buyer because I didn't like the idea that if he happened to have a LPM and the blue laser came in at 1.9999W he could claim foul.
I called ebay about my worry's and they told me to block him and walked me through it..They told me to send a message which I did..
Mind you the screen shot you see is his first reply after I messaged him that i'm not comfy selling to him, and after this he used 2 more accounts to try and buy and beated me down to a 25% seller profile.
Ebay eventually fixed it and got me back to 100% after they saw the same address and IP of the 3 different accounts.

Would you trust and sell to this man?? He scolded me like a dog! No lie..

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Yeah, these Gatling lasers are always turning up where you least expect to find them. Not worth half the asking price.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, these Gatling lasers are always turning up where you least expect to find them. Not worth half the asking price.
Well, $40 for a one watt 445 wouldn't be too much of a ripoff....if the build quality was a little better.

I've always wanted one of those cheap lasers, but have never pulled the trigger with all of the negative reports we see. If I did buy one, the first thing I would do is try to change out the plastic lens and replace with a glass one.

Not saying all of those things are created equal but a couple of years ago I bought a blue gatling off eBay for $38 without any accessories. It was my 1st laser besides keychain cat toys (which I would never tease an animal with). I don't have an lpm but that thing instantly burns dry wood. Still going strong. I probably got lucky but I love that thing. One of those love it or hate it hosts. Cherry wood I use for smoking. Smells nice 😁

20200109_020350.jpg20200109_020313.jpg

Last edited:

GSS

Well, $40 for a one watt 445 wouldn't be too much of a ripoff....if the build quality was a little better.
Yup, I can spend $40 easily on something useless or take out food and have nothing to show 2 days later.
I'm curious to the run time of machining and completing a full host.
CNC machines or not there are alot of parts on it and it's obvious the main 2 piece body was machined down from a 1 inch or more piece of stock.
Throw a glass lens on it first thing like Alaskan said and follow a good duty cycle and you the potential for some a ok laser.

Yup, I can spend $40 easily on something useless or take out food and have nothing to show 2 days later.
I'm curious to the run time of machining and completing a full host.
CNC machines or not there are alot of parts on it and it's obvious the main 2 piece body was machined down from a 1 inch or more piece of stock.
Throw a glass lens on it first thing like Alaskan said and follow a good duty cycle and you the potential for some a ok laser.
I'll tell you this much. My gatling laser is well over 1w. The threads are excellent. It is machined and assembled well. It comes threaded for a sanwu 3x BE. Mines has been working perfectly for 2 years. I don't know if every seller is using the same components, but for just under 40 bucks I consider it a very good bargain. Like you said, what's $40? Movie and popcorn for 2. If Rich, or another longtime member would lpm mine I'd be curious to see what it's actually doing. I'll cover shipping both ways 48 continental. You provide the 16350x2.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Movie and popcorn for 2 would probably be more! plus your forgetting the drinks..:whistle:
I'm guessing yours came with a glass lens as the early ones were a roll of the dice and could of been plastic.
If you want I can LPM it. It's probably doing around 1.4W?? I have 16340 Efests on hand.
No worries if something were to happen, I would get you a new one for only $40.

Last edited:
Movie and popcorn for 2 would probably be more! plus your forgetting the drinks..:whistle:
I'm guessing yours came with a glass lens as the early ones were a roll of the dice and could of been plastic.
If you want I can LPM it. It's probably doing around 1.4W?? I have 16340 Efests on hand.
Yeah that would be great. If you PM me your email and mailing adress I'll get it out to you today or tomorrow. I think you're probably right about 1.4w or thereabouts but you'll get to play with it and I think you'll agree that the build quality is actually pretty good. Its a shame they often make outlandish claims like 30W.

GSS

OK got to measure Crackula's Gattling laser..
Measurement taken from about 8 or 9 inches away from the sensor head. It could of been tested a little closer but the results as they are I think will make him happy..
Mind you I have a shakey hand and I will tell you why in a minute I didn't use a clamp.
It hovered around 1.38W and peaked at 1.435W!
Now it was still a bit cold as I just picked it up from a cold Post Office warehouse and it hit 1.5W and change at first.
The beam was focused on the wider side and just about smaller than the sensors maby 1/2 inch round pad. I can see it doing 1.5W steady with a tighter focus and a bit closer like I said to the sensor, but I think its pretty decent.
Hard to tell if it's multi lens or just one thick one and it's in a brass holder which usually is a 2G but i'm not so sure, plus the lens barrel has those 2 dimples.
The host is also alot bigger than I thought. The main body is 1.6 inches wide and the inner brass sink is set in a 1 inch hole. Way more heatsinking material than I thought as there is alot of AL in this build for $40... 9 ounces, so over 1/2 a pound worth.
I couldn't find my big clamp to hold the host when measuring because of its size.
This Sanwu LPM has the option of setting the WL.
Wanted to ad that the spot at close range or 15 feet away can be focused to a nice round spot. Seeing that i'm not sure what lens is in it, i'm thinking it could be a PLTB450B1 diode?? It reminds me of my PLTB450B1 that even with a G2 lens it has a nice spot.

Attachments

• IMG_20200114_084603.jpg
    IMG_20200114_084603.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: