The accident is nothing compared to what can actually happen. That is the only reason I have purchased a big, strong magnet. If I hurt my self often enough with the small one, I will most definitely destroy my hand with a big one.
I just tried to disassemble a harddrive. Shredded the aluminium layer off... oh, wow, look. A pretty round FS mirror. The magnet is held down by stupid star-head screws which i couldn't remove, so i tried levering it out with my pliers to no avail. Then all of a sudden the pliers slipped and shards of FS mirror went flying all over the floor. Awww.... i liked that mirror
For a magnet to actually pull blood would have to have a pull force of like 1Billion LBS. When you see magnets pull force, that is when it is attached to a 1inch steel plate. The thicker the steel, the stronger the pull force will be. Until, the thickness of the steel is no longer in the field.
I wondered about this. Not specifically about pulling iron out of blood, but whether if, say, you wore Nd magnetic jewelry constantly it would increase the risk of blood clots. The Biology teachers couldn't answer because they didn't know much about magnets, the Chemistry teachers always talk in theoreticals "I suppose it could..." and Physics teachers stopped answering my questions a LONG time ago... so thanks for finally answering that for me.