Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Neg Rep Mob Mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.
:crackup:

Troll modus operandi.

When confronted with reality, yell I'M RIGHT!!! And head for the exit.

ARG

Troll quote

...and proof of Jerry's latest troll can be found in my rep (visible to vets only, due to it being in the vets section)

Last edited by a moderator:
None of Jerry's post are out of line from the post that they are linked to.

That's what the rep system is there for... feedback.

The reps he leaves back though... paranoid.

Proud owner of a NOSPIN with ARGs data logger because of Jerry's attitude towards others. I found that out within weeks of joining the forum. Jerry had this coming.

Should we have a sticky with all of TJ's user names? Would be interesting to see. :)

Should we have a sticky with all of TJ's user names? Would be interesting to see. :)

I think he is going through a Snow White phase.

snowwhite_wp_01_800-1.jpg

ARG

Would still like a reply TJ, if you've got a better way that I can deal with him I'm down for it.

@TJ
I'm open for suggestions on alternate ways to handle this if you have some.

I've tried ignoring him, but that didn't stop him for long (you can see a period of about three weeks where I had him on my ignore list, and never addressed him)
I've tried discussing with him scientifically and he starts name calling.

So far, what has been working is calling him out on his actions.

I agree that bans would work, Jerry has been banned multiple times in the past and it worked then, it should work now too. However, that is out of my control; I'm not a moderator so I can't ban him.

Last edited:
Each and every one of the red bars was deserved. Perhaps several times over. Follow the links and judge for yourselves.

You know how Jerry feels about his property, yet you write code for his meters, and them shove it in his face.

The code may work on his meters, but it was not specifically written for his meters. PICs are rather common.
They are not writing code to GET a reaction, they are writing code DESPITE the reaction.

The forum is not required to consider "how jerry feels" before doing anything. Most of us don't give a toss about this self-appointed "CEO." He has no power here.

I'm really out this time.

EDIT: found a better picture:

NuppN4V.jpg

Its total mob mentality. It always has been, and it always will.

You (and several others) say that like it is a bad thing. But how about we define it before we start throwing it around as if it were some sort of insult:

"mob mentality describes how people are influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors, follow trends, and/or purchase items."

How can you denounce mob mentality, then in the same breath glorify the idea of free discussion? You have made a gross miscalculation of human behavior. To expect free discussion to not influence people is terribly naïve.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARG
Let's see an example?

One where ARG trolled.

One where Trevor trolled.

One where MarioMaster trolled.

This is a forum after all... should be easy to find. Let's see some proof.

EXACTLY!!!!! PROOF OR IT NEVER HAPPENED, kinda like Jerrys "strange artifact in rubicon LPM" thread. Its not proof when taken out of context especially if no research has been conducted aka contacting the source! No proof=angry person blowing smoke out his @$$

ARG

EXACTLY!!!!! PROOF OR IT NEVER HAPPENED, kinda like Jerrys "strange artifact in rubicon LPM" thread. Its not proof when taken out of context especially if no research has been conducted aka contacting the source!

That thread was pretty clearly just to troll Trevor & myself. He was upset about the rep loss, so instead of talking about it or looking at why he is loosing rep he lashed out at the Rubicon.

Last edited:

NKO29

As soon as i read this thread i knew it'd explode... Somebody should close this thread before things become volatile :)

why are you still here? Don't you have better things to do?

Now THAT is a very good question.

Considering the amount of time he spends hovering above this forum and constantly breaking the rules just to tell everybody to "not take things too seriously", no he does not have a single interesting thing to do in his entire world.

He's just a sad old man still clinging to this forum where he was fooled into believing that there is a mass of people respecting him and looking up to him.

You'd think his 9th ban of his primary account would've rang a few bells. Instead he still makes fake accounts and WANTS to be heard on a monthly basis.

Just let it go, *removed* (I hope I remembered the name right). For your own sake, go and find something fun to do.

Yeah, I just did
ANYWAY

I would very much like to hear Jerry defending himself of these accusations. He should have the right to, before the thread is locked.

Right?

Last edited by a moderator:

ped

I'm not going to close the thread just yet but I am keeping a close eye on it.

Here are my opinions , and remember, they are just opinions...not taking sides.

Jerry? he has my respect for starting, continuing and maintaining a business. He offers good products and after sales service that has brought LPM's afford-ably in to hobbyists hands.
His ethics towards the competition are questionable to say the very least, he vehemently defends his products and market competitiveness to the point where its overkill and tries to stifle the competition . I don't know why anyone's surprised, he's always been like this, its his MO we just say "It's Jerry".

Trevor & ARG are obviously going to respond , however [from what I've seen] they do it scientifically with data to back up their claim's /responses .

I could go on but others have already said thing's I concur with so no point going there.

The fact is, their trolling EACH OTHER, it isn't one person being trolled.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARG

Things

Mods are cleaners, not babysitters. If you want to be a part of any community and interact with people, you need to figure out issues yourself instead of relying on others to do it for you. Rep is between members, and if they want to rep troll each other, that's their problem, they need to sort it out. Like I said, as long as it doesn't spill onto the open forum, it's up to you to work it out.

Reactions: ped
Status
Not open for further replies.