Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lil,
Did you ever consider the Mag lite build for the 44 , it has a massive heat sink. The heat will be absorbed into that then the host they are very solid builds. i build them for the high power diodes and really nothing can compare, for durability and long life and they have anodized colors .

Rich:)

Hi Lil,
Did you ever consider the Mag lite build for the 44 , it has a massive heat sink. The heat will be absorbed into that then the host they are very solid builds. i build them for the high power diodes and really nothing can compare, for durability and long life and they have anodized colors .

Rich:)

I just liked the different switches that came with the host. I'm currently having someone else make it, so hopefully this all turns out well. If it doesn't I'll certainly look at one of those Mag lites :yh:

The s4x is a great host for that diode, the whole things basically a heatsink, or a Billy club, lol

Yeah I've definitely though of using one of those as a host, and maybe I will when I get a bit more cash to build :)

Pman

I don't appreciate lies and deceit at all. I just don't find it humorous when someone plays that game making us look foolish and then backtracking and claiming it was all some kind of joke. Not funny. It's OK when we realize it's all in fun but stringing people along for days and weeks is not cool. You either own what you say you do or can do what you claim or not. It should be VERY easy to prove it very quickly. If you really care about the forum then give back in some way whether it's $1 donation or builds or reviews or thanking those that have helped you and be kind to those who don't know any better yet which sometimes means letting them know what not to do without being cruel about it. Expect to be whacked though if you are a repeat offender.
Because of all the repeat accounts and trolls expect to be questioned if you post in a suspicious manor now. It really can't be helped at this point. Try hard not to take offense if we ask some pointed questions that should be easily answered. It does not help when you join to leave all information about yourself as some kind of big mystery or just make up random stuff especially if you join making all kinds of laser claims and showing any kind of "attitude". If I suddenly joined and added 1/4 of the stuff in my sig I would expect to have to prove I'm legit just like any other hobby related forum. I've eaten crow plenty of times thinking I knew something that turned out to be incorrect. Don't fight back when this happens but accept it, thank others for the correction and move on. Hard to believe but you don't always have to be right. Learn something and become a wiser person. We need way less attitude and way less personal sensitivity. This isn't life and death and I doubt there's a single member that can claim a laser as a "need".
On behalf of Pman I feel for those legit members out there who got scammed in some way from anyone involved in this forum. We can't make it all better. It happened. We can try to make this a better place though.
Yes some members hung on too long with certain recommendations when a certain member got in over his head but is it a terrible crime to hope for the best and want them to make it? Even those of us who didnt feel bad about the situation.
Ultimately it is the buyers decision to spend how they see fit and regardless of what you buy theres always risk involved and you need to do your best to weed out the good from the bad. Unfortunately I've seen an awful lot of new members choosing the cheap way out and buying what isn't recommended. Regardless of how much we would all like to get nice lasers for free it's not going to happen. It costs real $ for quality and it's hard to get around that although you absolutely can save quite a lot if you learn to build them yourself. There are decent builders out there and also sellers of pieces parts that only require you to solder a couple wires together. You could even use a couple of small wire nuts although I DON'T recommend it.
Right now I'm seeing relatively new members offering a bunch of building services and I personally couldn't recommend any of them because I am not familiar enough with their work. That has nothing to do with whether they are actually good builders or not and isn't meant to put anyone down. I don't see how in good faith I'm supposed to tell anyone to use you though until you have been here longer and prove out the claims. I know from experience that I have rarely ever received a laser from our B/S/T section that I didn't have to work on. That does NOT mean I'm claiming to be any great builder myself. I'm just saying that I've consistently run into builds that were too rushed and looked more like they were slapped together rather than built with care. Building has to be more about the build and less about how many you can make and the profit that goes along with it. Just because you have built a 100 units doesn't mean you're a good builder. You can also care about building and still not be that good at it. There are members here right now that want to build a complete unit with all the seperate parts whos hands shake too much to do it and some who just don't have the patience or confidence and of course $ for all the decent tools.
I don't know if I got this way off track or not but sometimes when I post stuff just comes out. I'm one of many that are really tired of the distractions and would like to get back to why we joined to begin with.

Pman, who/what exactly are you referring to?

I must be lost, but you do make very good points that I agree with. You explained your thoughts in a very well mannered and outgoing way, that I can relate to and seems like common sense is indeed getting less and less common as days go on...

GSS

Pman, who/what exactly are you referring to?

I must be lost, but you do make very good points that I agree with. You explained your thoughts in a very well mannered and outgoing way, that I can relate to and seems like common sense is indeed getting less and less common as days go on...
I see it as no one in particular but as a round about way of his frustration that every thread gets derailed into a who trusts who now, who claims what and so on. Example this shouldn't be a 6 page thread. Now I see why every vet like to see an about me on there "welcoming me thread", and we still get new comers who say they are from "mars" yeah very Clever no one has heard it! It just adds more to distrust.
I'm a noob and always will be to a point but when I joined I gave all do respect before I opened my mouth, Now I see new comers with all 10 of their 10 posts bashing someone or something on only one thread they saw and thinking they know it all. Like Pman said they weren't here as an example when the Joker was good and trusted buy.
I hate logging on now and going through miles of bashing and yes I have been caught up and posted some crap myself including this. Lets respect the vets and listen before we speak. Lets make it fun again.

Last edited:
I don't appreciate lies and deceit at all. I just don't find it humorous when someone plays that game making us look foolish and then backtracking and claiming it was all some kind of joke. Not funny. It's OK when we realize it's all in fun but stringing people along for days and weeks is not cool. You either own what you say you do or can do what you claim or not. It should be VERY easy to prove it very quickly. If you really care about the forum then give back in some way whether it's $1 donation or builds or reviews or thanking those that have helped you and be kind to those who don't know any better yet which sometimes means letting them know what not to do without being cruel about it. Expect to be whacked though if you are a repeat offender.
Because of all the repeat accounts and trolls expect to be questioned if you post in a suspicious manor now. It really can't be helped at this point. Try hard not to take offense if we ask some pointed questions that should be easily answered. It does not help when you join to leave all information about yourself as some kind of big mystery or just make up random stuff especially if you join making all kinds of laser claims and showing any kind of "attitude". If I suddenly joined and added 1/4 of the stuff in my sig I would expect to have to prove I'm legit just like any other hobby related forum. I've eaten crow plenty of times thinking I knew something that turned out to be incorrect. Don't fight back when this happens but accept it, thank others for the correction and move on. Hard to believe but you don't always have to be right. Learn something and become a wiser person. We need way less attitude and way less personal sensitivity. This isn't life and death and I doubt there's a single member that can claim a laser as a "need".
On behalf of Pman I feel for those legit members out there who got scammed in some way from anyone involved in this forum. We can't make it all better. It happened. We can try to make this a better place though.
Yes some members hung on too long with certain recommendations when a certain member got in over his head but is it a terrible crime to hope for the best and want them to make it? Even those of us who didnt feel bad about the situation.
Ultimately it is the buyers decision to spend how they see fit and regardless of what you buy theres always risk involved and you need to do your best to weed out the good from the bad. Unfortunately I've seen an awful lot of new members choosing the cheap way out and buying what isn't recommended. Regardless of how much we would all like to get nice lasers for free it's not going to happen. It costs real $ for quality and it's hard to get around that although you absolutely can save quite a lot if you learn to build them yourself. There are decent builders out there and also sellers of pieces parts that only require you to solder a couple wires together. You could even use a couple of small wire nuts although I DON'T recommend it.
Right now I'm seeing relatively new members offering a bunch of building services and I personally couldn't recommend any of them because I am not familiar enough with their work. That has nothing to do with whether they are actually good builders or not and isn't meant to put anyone down. I don't see how in good faith I'm supposed to tell anyone to use you though until you have been here longer and prove out the claims. I know from experience that I have rarely ever received a laser from our B/S/T section that I didn't have to work on. That does NOT mean I'm claiming to be any great builder myself. I'm just saying that I've consistently run into builds that were too rushed and looked more like they were slapped together rather than built with care. Building has to be more about the build and less about how many you can make and the profit that goes along with it. Just because you have built a 100 units doesn't mean you're a good builder. You can also care about building and still not be that good at it. There are members here right now that want to build a complete unit with all the seperate parts whos hands shake too much to do it and some who just don't have the patience or confidence and of course $ for all the decent tools.
I don't know if I got this way off track or not but sometimes when I post stuff just comes out. I'm one of many that are really tired of the distractions and would like to get back to why we joined to begin with.

PMan for president!
Plus rep when I can

Reactions: GSS

Pman

Make of it what you will;) I'm deliberately being vague as it was not my intention to cause more strife. Even though you might not know any particulars and how things have changed (I can't bring myself to say evolved) over time you are still getting it. Standing back a ways and taking the forum as a whole I think it's time for us to decide what we really want the forums identity to be. I used to think this place was a welcome cut Above other forums but now it doesn't feel so special anymore.
I believe because we had some rules iand guidelines n place that other forums didn't it helped keep us set apart and special. Anyone care to list them and see how we are doing now?
Yes, we have been bombarded with trash. We should not have to become trash to deal with it. Sure it feels good in the heat of the moment but at what cost. There are those who wish to destroy this place. How about trying to ignore it or just let the mods know and move on. If the mods are not taking care of it in a timely manor then we need another one or 2. There are fewer active mods than there were and we are having problems. Can't just blame them for not keeping up with it all. Hopefully they do have lives outside of this place.
I don't want to be a mod. Seriously. I don't have the temperament for it and I don't want to risk it changing me. I just want to be a better Pman than I was the day before.

Very interesting, didn't know the degradation of LPF from new people was this evident. Noted for future reference :p

Status
Not open for further replies.