Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt very much he is a scammer, as far as I know he hasn't scammed anyone, but he has provided very limited evidence of his claims.

Alan

He's been taking orders for machine work, and offering to repair lasers. How many people have sent him lasers?

He's been taking orders for machine work, and offering to repair lasers. How many people have sent him lasers?

That's a good question, I don't know, he is in Australia so maybe not too many due to shipping costs. If anyone has had a bad experience with him I would expect them to be posting somthing about it. I don't know who if anyone has yet done business with him.

Alan

Often the little threaded ring in the tail cap gets loose, it has a couple pin holes across from each other with the spring in the center, see if it's loose and tighten it.

That's a good question, I don't know, he is in Australia so maybe not too many due to shipping costs. If anyone has had a bad experience with him I would expect them to be posting somthing about it. I don't know who if anyone has yet done business with him.

Alan

Well crap, I paid him to make me a remake of an ehgemus host, it's been a little over a week and this morning he messaged me saying he would refund me on Monday. I'm really hoping he just got a little overwhelmed and couldn't finish the job. I thought he was trustable because he had good rep, and had been here for over a year. I'm hoping he's not a scammer, and just a man that bit off more than he could chew.

Has he made anything for anyone?

Maybe he was planning to get a lathe, but that story about diode pins stuck in his ass was BS, nobody would go to the hospital for that, they would just pull them out....the whole story was a joke I thought.

He seemed like a bit of a boaster, but maybe he is a returned banned member and decided after seeing joker get money that he could grab some in the wake of it from people wanting to buy ready made.

Just who has sent him money or items? Has anyone had anything returned or work done?

Maybe he was planning to do work but wasn't ready, I have no idea, but I always got that feeling that he was a returned banned member.

He could disappear and come back with a new name through a proxy, but nobody should give money to someone unknown unless you are willing to lose it or through PP properly, that is have them invoice you for a flashlight and pay with pp so you have recourse and buyer protection.

Hell, I thought he was Joker way back, I noticed after the Joker drama started, an arcane "yet to be recieved" showed up in his signature

Last edited:
Well crap, I paid him to make me a remake of an ehgemus host, it's been a little over a week and this morning he messaged me saying he would refund me on Monday. I'm really hoping he just got a little overwhelmed and couldn't finish the job. I thought he was trustable because he had good rep, and had been here for over a year. I'm hoping he's not a scammer, and just a man that bit off more than he could chew.

You be sure and tell us what happens, it's important for everyone to know. He is ok and trust worthy or he isn't. I doubt he is a scammer.

Alan

Reactions: GSS
You be sure and tell us what happens, it's important for everyone to know. He is ok and trust worthy or he isn't. I doubt he is a scammer.

Alan

He messaged me just about 30 minutes ago saying he would try and finish it by monday but if he couldn't he would refund me. He said he was having some job problems like getting shifted to nightshift or something and he had to move. So his tools and stuff are all mixed up. He is scared to post cause he doesn't want people to be mad at him. He said he already refunded one person and he's gonna try and refund me next. I think he is just under a lot and he took on more than he could handle.

He messaged me just about 30 minutes ago saying he would try and finish it by monday but if he couldn't he would refund me. He said he was having some job problems like getting shifted to nightshift or something and he had to move. So his tools and stuff are all mixed up. He is scared to post cause he doesn't want people to be mad at him. He said he already refunded one person and he's gonna try and refund me next. I think he is just under a lot and he took on more than he could handle.

These are 2 different statements, both sound like buying time.

TRY to refund....are you shure he said it that way?

He is going to TRY to refund you next?

That sounds so very wrong, it says he spent your money and has none to replace it.....are you sure he said it just that way?

Who has to pack up and move because they got changed from day shift to night shift?

What engineers work the night shift? This is white collar and blue collar, engineers don't work at night, grunts do.

Can't find his tools.....how about cant pick just 1 excuse, this is sounding like the hospital trip for diode pins, I let that slide but that was a joke, those little pins are not worth a hospital trip....maybe if one was stuck in your eye, not your rump.

SERIOUSLY you would have to fall straight down with zero lateral movement to get those pins to stick and not fold.

What about this fancy yellow laser, too much BS on this one, How did you pay him?

Last edited:
I know, but if he refunds me I'll be sure to report back and tell you all. hopefully this doesn't turn into another mess.

How did you pay him?

I used the friends option even though it is frowned upon, but he just refunded me! Picture proof: advised to delete.

So he's not a scammer, I think he took more than he was able and panicked.

Last edited:
You should delete that pic, we believe you, it's your money.
I'm glad you got it back.

People should learn not to brag or exaggerate if you ever want to do business, the 2 don't mix well.

Last edited:
I used the friends option even though it is frowned upon, but he just refunded me! Picture proof: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (I edited it so that little of my desktop was shown, I got some other personal info up that I'd rather not share) So he's not a scammer, I think he took more than he was able and panicked.

Well that is good news, I didn't think he was a scammer.

Alan

You should delete that pic, we believe you, it's your money.
I'm glad you got it back.

People should learn not to brag or exaggerate if you ever want to do business, the 2 don't mix well.

Yeah, he just got in too deep.

Also, his real name isn't Isaac Clark. I guess not many other members play the video game "Dead Space" but this guy seems to be slightly obsessed with it. His name, avatar, and "plasma cutter" are all based out of the game. I think he made it that way cause it's usually not good to share personal info on the internet. Thats just my theory though.

Last edited:
Isaac Clark, CEC engineer, main character, Dead Space video game, even had a plasma cutter, main weapon in said video game. That's him in his avitar. His signature is a farce including an "Arcane that didn't arrive " after Joker drama started, how convenient . Why cant some people be themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.