Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new IgorT 8x BR

I got it! It arrived this morning....
When one have in his hands an 8x with a Po of 418mW, maybe a book is not sufficient to explain what the owner feels.
I would like to show a lot of pictures, movies, etc., but it needs time.... so I'll start showing the Po of this little (but powerful :D) IgorT Romisen, and a comparison with my first PHR....

3931060861_f24d025ef3_b.jpg

jeffd

Please please please make videos! There are barely any 8x vids out there!

they are schweet indeed...I must note though the PHR is still a bad arsh beam look at that little sucker.

Is it me... or is that PHR leaning toward a what? 410nm or something.

S

schmag

say what are you pushing for current in that PHR?
those are some pretty nice lasers there sir.

jander6442:
well, the PHR is equipped with the new LarryDFW lens... I have to ask to Igor for the wavelength, I have it since the beginning of october 2008...

Ammar:
Good, you're right! :yh:

schmag, TheGr8Revealing:

...You can always give a look to the thread: "8x BR Diodes" when you want to know some info about the 8x... :whistle:

they are schweet indeed...I must note though the PHR is still a bad arsh beam look at that little sucker.

Is it me... or is that PHR leaning toward a what? 410nm or something.

I am unsure of the wl of the PHR, The longer wl diodes are still pretty near the same shade of violet to the eye, but most cameras will turn a BR out as blue, and more blue if less bright, see my pics in my rainbow (under Multimedia), the beams look violet near the laser, but as they go further through the fog and get dimmer, they look blue there too.
btw, awesome lasers there FrancoRob! -Glenn

scopeguy20:

thank you Glenn, I'm really enthusiast!:D
For the first day, this 8x has already worked a lot... I have already made some tests about burning capability movie, but it's better to go during the day light (here are 11.05 in the night). BTW hereunder is another comparison picture; the previous one has been taken with a dim light in the room, while this has been taken with no light at all: both pictures are without fog or smoke, clean air only!

3932644712_7166eff8a8_o.jpg

hello francorob.... in the last picture it seems that there isn't so much difference in dot brightness..... one is 150... the other 400.. but in real life.. by naked eye... do ypu see a real and noticeable difference in beam visibility between these 2 laser? :) thanks

If you don't mind. Can you pm me with details and price you paid, o wanted one like this.

Tom

hello francorob.... in the last picture it seems that there isn't so much difference in dot brightness..... one is 150... the other 400.. but in real life.. by naked eye... do ypu see a real and noticeable difference in beam visibility between these 2 laser? :) thanks

Not so much in brightness, but....how can I say, in "density" of the beam!:thinking: In the pictures the beam looks wider, but looking at the focused dot with the safety glasses they have the same size. In this situation (at the same distance from the wall, as I don't want to point a 418mW focused dot on something that can burn, he he) the focused dot of the 418mW is really much brighter...