Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new and VERY unique pet (pics)

w00t!

He took a fish from my hand today. He's really coming out of his proverbial shell, soon I'll be able to start getting cool vids I think! :)

very shweet! I wish my wife would have let me go further into my aquarium endeavor
I'm just happy she lets me have some lazors. Good job :)

I went to a zoo in Maryland some years ago where they had an octopus named Houdini, as I recall(it was several years ago).

Yes, they get very smart, and they do escape. They had to lock down his enclosure, because fish were disappearing from the other habitats at night.

Maybe you can teach him to help you with your projects.(Who needs sharks with laserbeams when you can have an octapus with laserbeams!)

I went to a zoo in Maryland some years ago where they had an octopus named Houdini, as I recall(it was several years ago).

Yes, they get very smart, and they do escape. They had to lock down his enclosure, because fish were disappearing from the other habitats at night.

Maybe you can teach him to help you with your projects.(Who needs sharks with laserbeams when you can have an octapus with laserbeams!)

...when you can have an octopus with EIGHT laser beams!

I just read astory of an octopus that escaped and lived for 2 weeks in the gutter basically cuz it had nowhere to go. Well they saved it cuz he was very hungry. 2 weeks out of a tank though? Crazy

They had to lock down his enclosure, because fish were disappearing from the other habitats at night.

That is awesome! I mean i feel bad for the unsuspecting fish, but i mean seriously, that is too cool.

cust11

Considering that you already escape-proofed the tank I am sure you understand how incredibly dangerous it is keeping an octopus. Super sweet pet none the less! I will stick to my brain corals, acropora, and acan lords :p

-Mike

Too bad it'll die in a few months :p

Yeah, that's the main problem with them. :(

Considering that you already escape-proofed the tank I am sure you understand how incredibly dangerous it is keeping an octopus. Super sweet pet none the less! I will stick to my brain corals, acropora, and acan lords :p

-Mike

If you're referring to how hard it is to maintain the water for one of these guys, yes I am aware.

If you're insinuating the creature it's self is dangerous, I believe you to be mistaken, as the only octopuses that have venom harmful to humans are the species in the genus Hapalochlaena, aka the blue rings.

BTW,

New pic. This was a troublesome $3 gourami that decided to start attacking my $40 red tail cat in the freshwater tank. It was feeding time for the octo and I had to get rid of the gourami. It seemed like a natural solution lol

dinnerwiththeoctopus.jpg

Last edited: