Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My latest little beast.

I wanted a tiny beast of a little laser. I'd already built a little 10440 that I'd been conservative on the amperage with. It still puts out 650mW, but I wanted something more.

So, I built the Trustfire F22 Assault's little brother, the F23. But, I wasn't so conservative on the power this time. I didn't care about a long duty cycle just being as agressive on the power as I dared, and still getting a duty cycle of round 10 to 15 seconds.

The current was set to 1,150mW, figuring I'd get a good watt out of the little guy. But, I was actually pleasantly surprised. I put the little guy together clicked the switch and I had me a laser. I didn't have my Ophir to LPM it against, as I'd sent it to Trevor to check against his other Ophirs. I would have really liked to LPM it on the that head though, because of the fast response time, but I did have my trusty LaserBee.

Knowing the warm up time of the LaserBee thermopile and that I probably shouldn't leave it powered up long enough for the reading to stabilize, I had a thought: I would use another 1 Watt laser to start with and heat up the thermopile, then swap the F23 in its place after the reading hit around 900mW.

So, I gave it a shot and the reading kept climbing and climbing until it peaked at 1,315mW. Not bad considering the flexdrive was only set to 1,150mA and I was using a standard glass Aixiz. But then I was curious: I wanted to know how accurate that reading really was and just what I could get LPM'ing it without using a warmup laser first, so I reset the graph and ran another test, this time using only the F23 to generate the reading, and it climbed to 1,250 mW in 15 seconds before starting to drop off.

Yep, I'm a happy camper! I now have myself a tiny little beast that outputs not much less than my most powerful 1.6 Watter.

Here's a couple of pics of it:

IMAG0192.jpg

Next to my F22 Assault

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

DTR

Nice work.:beer:

That is the one with the copper module right?

Tonga

Beautiful work man:beer:! Thats a little sweetie with some punch:)!

geeo

Very nice mate.

Hoping to eventually build myself something as neat and powerful as this.

Thanks everyone. Wasn't really much to building it though, just squeezing everything inside that little pill and a bit of thermal adhesive to hold it to the module, then screwing it all back in and dropping in a battery. :)

Nice work.:beer:

That is the one with the copper module right?

Yep!

What driver did you use for that little thing? A FlexDrive?

Yep!

ARG

I've got a similar 10440 laser and it's by far my favorite!

Nice build!