Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My laser's trip from California to Paris.

Honestly, I didn't realize there were constraints on what went in the "off-topic" section. I'm looking forward to seeing photos from his forthcoming laser adventures. It's not like it's posted in ANY laser specific sub... this is a catch-all for members to post things that don't belong elsewhere.

Relax... This forum isn't comprised of curmudgeons. There is no need to start tainting the culture with quick judgement.

As for the OP - safe travels! Bring the beam shots!

Cheers!
/c

IsaacT

For real....your mission, whether or not you choose to accept it, is to take beam shots in and around the following monuments.

1. The Eiffel Tower
2. The Arc de Triomphe
3. The Louvre
4. Notre Dame de Paris
5. For bonus points - discreetly inside a palace

I understand the difficulty of the tax I have set before you. Getting beam shots of your lasers will be difficult due to their power, and the places I listed will make it even harder.

I don't know how yet but you will be rewarded if you should manage them.

Green:

Bring me back something french! Na jk.. Does your dad work in France? I do not understand the whole going over to France but I would love to go one day and see the Normandy coast, Maginot Line, and a few other historic WWII places.. I am a military History nut... that would be cool taking a Beam shot down on Utah Beach at Normandy
any safe journey my Brother be safe and shoot me a txt ever so often

D

Deleted member 16589

Awesome I will definitely keep an eye on this thread . If you can also post pics of your trip o_O. good luck.

^I will try my best to accomplish all the missions given to me :D

@vortish: I used to live in France with my mom, dad and sister but the family divorced about 7 years ago. My mom being American wanted to move back to the States. Since I live here I go back and visit my dad about 2 times a year.

-Alex

If i were you, i would have tried to hide those a lot better- under something, in something. You could put them in those toothbrush tubes, and if airport security be like "Yo why you gots 4 toothbrushes" you could just be like "None yo business homie, back up off ma toothbrushes" and all would be fine and dandy

If i were you, i would have tried to hide those a lot better- under something, in something. You could put them in those toothbrush tubes, and if airport security be like "Yo why you gots 4 toothbrushes" you could just be like "None yo business homie, back up off ma toothbrushes" and all would be fine and dandy

Haha. I think you're right. Im leaving with my grandpa later this afternoon toward San Fran where im staying the night and leaving the following morning. I'll more than likely add a few more things on top of them ;)

-Alex

I never knew you were French, that's way cool especially if you speak with a French accent. Good luck on your travels, brave taking your lasers though!

I'm curious, if they do not have access to the batteries, how will they test to see if they are >1mW? Or will they even bother, or just look at the labels?

Are you taking your lasers in pieces, or as one piece sans batteries?

Do you have any scary-looking (as in, "looks powerful", not "has sharp blades on the front") flashlights to take with you too, or any lasers powered by lithium ion cells? Not that this is to be the "let's see if we can get someone's lasers confiscated" thread, but curious how you selected which devices you would take with you.

thats cool Green send me txt once in a while mes a me I hope i did not butcher that oh well talk to ya soon

upaa27

What lasers are you bringing? Dont get caught with any high powered ones

Alright, I added the pictures. Im currently in Montreal while writing this and it seems my lasers made it safely to Paris without a hitch, next update will just be them at my father's house.

If you guys wish I can do the same thing for the return flight and if you want any shots let me know :D

-Alex

D

Deleted member 16589

Nice. We want beampics. Na JK don't get in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator: