Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first HeNe

A few weeks to a month maybe. I need a break anyway. If you guys have not notice, I've been a little insane for the past month or so. Its not easy buying property, even my girl is on edge. So wrap that up with my daily problems, and I'm ready to tear someones head off. After I get settled you'll see the new me. Well, a calmer one anyway. :eg:

I haven't noticed anything different. Hang in there Man. :beer:

One word . . . . .

P-I-C-T-U-R-E-S :D

Peace,
dave

Glad I'm not the only one who demands pictures. :san: Feel like a lil kid sometimes "I dun wannna read, I wan pretty pictures!!! an video too!".

Hope you have time for a break soon after T_J

Last edited:
Congrats on the first gas laser and condo! Room for a private laboratory ... Sounds promising. We`ll be looking forward to your return.

Watch out T_J, gas laser are even more addictive then diodes.
Something about owning a laser that can kill you (Argon) is strangely addictive.

I have 4-5 tubes just like that one. I am drawing up plans for at least 4 different lamps (mirror bounce,fiber-optic waterfall,opaque enclosure, spiro)
They are so small you can do a lot with them. I like the gun barrel idea a lot.
Good luck and keep us updated!

Last edited:
Tubes are just so much more fun, and a lot better beam. Can't really explain it till you see it!

I need to get some HeNes again, I want a red one, a green one, a orange one, a yellow one.... :D

Yeah they are cooler than pointers. I never really cared for the pointers all that much. I like the idea of incorporating lasers into art work, and other stuff. Light shows too, but assembled creatively. Mirrors, motors, and diodes in a plain box does not do much for me.

I have a few projects in the works, but being on a fixed income, I missed managed my money. Each project in itself is going to cost me $100s to finish. I made the mistake of buying different pieces for all the projects at the same intervals. Basically I have 5 projects in different stages of construction. I should of kept focus on one project at a time. When I do finish they will be up for sale, and I'll use the money to fund other new projects.

Something about owning a laser that can kill you (Argon) is strangely addictive.
That hardly means anything if you're referring to the voltage required to run it. The 60W light bulb in your ceiling runs on a higher voltage than an argon laser. :undecided:

That hardly means anything if you're referring to the voltage required to run it. The 60W light bulb in your ceiling runs on a higher voltage than an argon laser. :undecided:
If you put the PS up on a high shelf-and it falls on your head even unplugged it could easily kill some one. BTW unless unplugged some argons stay warm even if the key/switch is turned off. And if your cooling fan is powered independantly and you turn it off the head will get VERY warm.---HAK

Wow.25 dollars.That is nice..I think you did really well.HeNe lasers are so cool, and the first laser I ever played with was a friends 1mw HeNe.I had seen pictures of them in catalogs and such, but my pals spectra-physics was my first hands on.Superior divergence on his as I recall.He paid a LOT more than 25!