Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first creation

Perfect i'm sold! Just let me know when it comes in! Worth any amount of safety hassle! haha And i appreciate all of your guys concerns, eye safety is number one. Now dont take it easy on any other newbies!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::worthy: :sold: :thanks::thanks:

Last edited:

That's exactly what I want! I've made a couple much lower level lasers with some parts I scavenged so this sounds super fun!

This thread bothers me. Ive noticed several red flags of inconsistency here. I think we all were being to "nice" on pushing safety with this guy. Let me point out a few things:

Fran151 said:
I am trying to create a laser to keep in my pocket that i can light a pipe with.

So your going to carry it with you and potentialy light up in public?

Fran151 said:
I have used a lighter for years and im ready to stop inhaling butane. A laser is the purest way to smoke to get the true taste of the herb.

So your reason for doing this becomes a "purer" way to smoke it, well it doesnt get any purer than the vaporizers you stated that you own.

Fran151 said:
I don't want it to barely light it but i don't want too much overkill either.

Actually, you DO want to barely light it, to achieve this "pure" way of smoking as you say, you are trying to simulate vaporizing? You understand the purpose of vaporizing isntead of burning right?

Read this please (This of course is assuming you mean marijuana as your herb of choice, you could live in washington or someplace where its legal):
Vaporizer Benefits

SO, to sum it up, im not trying to shit on you or anything, i just wanna re-iterate how DUMB it is to point a fricken laser towards your face, especially if your using perhaps a GLASS pipe that could direct the beam anywhere!

Thanks for listening.

I gotta go with dust mite on this one. I've just been trying to hold back on my safety lectures.

While we preach safety above all else to the noobies that come here, this honestly astounds me. He wants a laser...to light a pipe....that he is holding inches from his face. In what world does this sound like a good idea? Maybe you don't understand this, Fran: If that laser touches your eye, and i mean just touches, as in the beam flashes across it for a split second, it can blind that eye. PERMANENTLY.

Use a frickin match, not a laser. "pure smoke" this and "pure smoke" that, it's not remotely healthy either way, and you want to add a blinding laser to the equation...you have fun with that. I understand I sound like a dick, but i think you would rather have two working eyes than another puff on your pipe.

This thread needs to be closed before some other new visitor sees it n gets ideas.

This is just one of those cases of "ohhh man I seen this YouTube video of this guy lighting a CIG with a laser and I seen a fricken altoids laser like omg I'm gonna puff my pipe with a laser and really impress my cool group of friends at our next powwow!"

you are so right, I could see that happening too. Safety is the #1 thing ,I hope no one will use a laser to light pipe.:tsk:

This thread needs to be closed before some other new visitor sees it n gets ideas.

This is just one of those cases of "ohhh man I seen this YouTube video of this guy lighting a CIG with a laser and I seen a fricken altoids laser like omg I'm gonna puff my pipe with a laser and really impress my cool group of friends at our next powwow!"

Haha I love how worked up you guys get to think I would ever do any of those things! I'm not even going to defend myself at how ridiculous this is. I'm safe and I'm going to buy a laser and I'm not even planning on acting remotely to how you are all ass-u-me ing. I can assure you I don't want to get blinded far more than you don't want me to. Let's get my plan straight. I love to smoke (tobaco as stated earlier and yes pot is leagal here as stated earlier) and I love lasers so my goal is to find a completely safe way to use them both. This entails a pair of goggles and a LONG wooden pipe far from my face(also stated earlier). Is it wrong for me to mix two passions in a completely safe environment? I hope this can clear things up.
Cheers,
Fran151

Last edited:
There are some real good guys on here and some a-holes but the good out weigh the bad ! Safety is the # one thing. We get a lot of people doing the wrong thing and people are afraid all laser may be taking a way some day.Just be safe, as I know you will and hang in there, do not let some run you off .

Tmack

People get out of hand. Everyone thinks their hobby is super dangerous, their job is super technical, etc. Some if these warning are just ego, and "no newbie can handle what I do" and some are mob mentality warnings, others just let you know the dangers and if you want to proceed, then will advise you. People here often feel like they have the right, or would be funny to older members to chew out the new guy who has a dangerous request. If you don't agree with someone, just don't post. If you must state the dangers, why be a one hostile? Because people are online, they feel the need to puff out their chest. The surgeon general doesn't call you a clueless moron for smoking, it advises the dangers and let's you choose what to do.

People get out of hand. Everyone thinks their hobby is super dangerous, their job is super technical, etc. Some if these warning are just ego, and "no newbie can handle what I do" and some are mob mentality warnings, others just let you know the dangers and if you want to proceed, then will advise you. People here often feel like they have the right, or would be funny to older members to chew out the new guy who has a dangerous request. If you don't agree with someone, just don't post. If you must state the dangers, why be a one hostile? Because people are online, they feel the need to puff out their chest. The surgeon general doesn't call you a clueless moron for smoking, it advises the dangers and let's you choose what to do.

He could have make a more mature post, in reality I was chewed out when I started. But I hung in there made friends and got rep, and now everything seems fine. The beginning us the hardest.

That's fine I can be five years old. Waaaae. But Im confident enough to not need to insult others to make myself feel good. And it's tuff to stick around because I get one informational post to every confrontational post but I'm set on building this thing so here I am. I just figured the first wave of reprimand would be it. Not two pages of abject crap with literally five solid posts.

Last edited:
This thread bothers me. Ive noticed several red flags of inconsistency here. I think we all were being to "nice" on pushing safety with this guy. Let me point out a few things:

So your going to carry it with you and potentialy light up in public?

So your reason for doing this becomes a "purer" way to smoke it, well it doesnt get any purer than the vaporizers you stated that you own.

Actually, you DO want to barely light it, to achieve this "pure" way of smoking as you say, you are trying to simulate vaporizing? You understand the purpose of vaporizing isntead of burning right?

Read this please (This of course is assuming you mean marijuana as your herb of choice, you could live in washington or someplace where its legal):
Vaporizer Benefits

SO, to sum it up, im not trying to shit on you or anything, i just wanna re-iterate how DUMB it is to point a fricken laser towards your face, especially if your using perhaps a GLASS pipe that could direct the beam anywhere!

Thanks for listening.

This post bothers me. I've noticed several grammar issues which are just unacceptable.

But seriously guys, have you ever heard of natural selection?

Lol my nexus 7 autotypes for me a lot.

Don't matter what me or anyone else says here, this guy is gonna back pedal and correct everything he says in response to what we say.

We say :
Smoke something illegal what!
Point a laser at your face!?
You wanna have pure smoke?
Danger to you and others etc etc!
It will reflect off glass!

He says:
Welllllllllllll actualllyyyyy I'll be buying safety glasses, and so will all my friends, and its tobacco orrr herb orrr whatever is legal here, wait what did I say again? Ohhh wait wait it won't be close to my face its a really lonnnng pipe, and nahhh it won't reflect cause its wooden! Yaaaa I know about pure smoke too I have 2 vaporizers, but wait I don't smoke herb like I said, I'm pretty sure I said tobacco, but if I didnt then don't worry its legal here.

Sooooo tell this guy he needs a special permit or something and he will say pfffffft I said I'm already a laser enthusiast my friggen dad ISSUES the laser permits round these parts!!!!!!111oneone

That'll be my last post I suppose, hope I made my point. Cheers m8, plenty of websites to be found that will sell to anyone with a PayPal that stumbles across them, go to town bud.

Last edited: