Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My FIRST BUILD! Cool heatsink/control Idea.

My First Build! Cool heatsink/control Idea. (Blu Ray)

I understand I overcomplicated my build, but I wanted total control over everything that went on and had power going to it. And the actual aixiz module itself can be removed if I want, and the thing will still work, if I wish. I liked this build.
I used a simple processor heatsink out of an old computer I had broken a while ago, and drilled out with a 1/2 inch bit. I had to wiggle it around a tad to make sure it fit not too tight, but just right.

The PSU is out of the same computer, I had to locate the correct wires with correct voltages (2 12v wires, and 1 PSU_ON wire) and put them to ground, each with switches.

Far left switch is PSU_ON, middle is fan on, right is laser on. Wired so that they must be turned on in order, or it won't work.

Laser itself is a phr803t with rkcstr driver, regular acrylic aixiz. 12vdc into the rkcstr, approx 110mw.

Now for the pictures! keep in mind the camera I'm using is a crappy camcorder as a camera, takes bad quality pictures, but I'm getting a new camera soon.

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

As I said earlier, bad beamshots/resolution, but I wanted to show off my first build.

I'm working on a portable build next. One less bulky.

Thanks for lookin!
Pseuds.

Last edited:

as I said, weird camera.

oh sorry forgot to post specs.

rkcstr driver, PHR-803t diode, approx 110mw.

It's not overcomplicated.. those extra things you did.. they're called features! Good work!

Haha, thanks. It's just a tad bulky. But I don't take it anywhere, so we're good.

:gj: nice first laser build.... it's always good to think outside the box...;)

Jerry

I love lab lasers.... very good job!!!

Dont you love how you can just turn it on for an hour or two and not worry about the thing overheating? You can just enjoy it :D:D:D

Yeah, that's my favorite part about it.

Thanks everyone for praise. I had fun making it too, and I couldn't have done it without you guys!

man your avartar is soooo wierd!! when i look at it i see two small balls changing colors.. but if in reading the text.. in the corner of my eye i can see the avatar and it looks like a persons face! the white bit is like from the mouth down and the colored bit is the cheeks, and top left black spot is part of the right eye!

sorry bit off topic but is that wat is suposed to do? it really shocked me when i actually looked at it.. beacuse i saw it as a person...

ps: love the laser! 110mW labby is pretty good effort for your first laser! looks really nice!

-Adrian

he means you just brought this thread back from the dead, with no significant update or contribution