Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Bad experience on USPS

Hi guys, let me share to you my disappointment on USPS..

I ordered a SLED from Scopeguy20 who is really im thankful for his assistance, and I dont blame him, but rather i blame USPS.

what kind of service does usps have. American Citizens are paying their taxes well compared here in our country who got lots of corrupt people in the government.

here is the story

may 28 the sled was accepted at Diamond Bar California bound for Philippines

here is the proof (from usps tracking)

Label/Receipt Number: LC28 2714 845U S
Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was accepted at 4:02 PM on May 28, 2009 in DIAMOND BAR, CA 91765. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

now i checked after 2 weeks still the same the tracking is not being updated

oh yeah its only a firt-class mail international..

so we waited for almost 4 weeks...

until now June 25 there is no SLED!

now i called our local Post office and the CENTRAL Post office which is in Manila (where the letter will be received first) they all said NOTHING has been received...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

now this is what scopeguy20 told me in his email

Sorry (name removed), I will inquire, and I do have the tracking number, but I didn't insure, and so, there will be no compensation to me. I will replace the sleds as soon as I have them again. The PO can tell me the last Post Office that had the package logged in, but that's all, (I have had this happen once before), it really doesn't help anything. They don't take any real responsibility, I'm afraid. And to get insurance on a package like this is about $30 something. As they only insure if you pay for priority or express shipping, (Flat rate priority not included). Sorry Again!, -(name Removed)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is unfair also on the part of scopeguy20...

also unfair on me... because i spent time waiting for nothing...

what kind of service is this USPS??

to President Obama, you said you will change USA right?? Better change the Quality of Mail service first before you act on saving the World against Economic crisis....

:(

this is my first BAD EXPERIENCE... Im totally Pissed....

:(

i lost 4 packages coming from U.S using First-Class Mail International
the first class take almost 1 month to arrive to me !
i dont use first class anymore when i buy something from U.S i pay the seller for priroty

this si the exact reason i stopped shipping usps first class for a while. your package may still be on the way but usps workers dont scan labels the way usps and fed-ex does. ive recieved numerous packages that still say "electronic shipping info received" on usps website...

well im calling my relative who works on the sacramento governmnet he is the Best lawyer in town. i will not tolerate this thing. Even though its a small dollar, yet the time i spent waiting can't be replaced. I will just ask scopeguy to keep his copy of the PO so i can sue USPS for them to have a wake up call. I just read a Law regarding the US Postal and its services. So I will call their attention..

USPS is the worst for taking a long time on delivery. Everything that I have had shipped that way, I have always received them, but it varries on how long it takes for the shipping each time.

I live in Illinois and I had a package shipped through them first class. The person that shipped it to me lives about 2 hours away from me and it took 2 weeks for it to get to me. I should have just driven the 4 hour round trip and picked it up for myself.

Bottom line. Never use USPS unless you have to. UPS all the way!!!

EDIT: UPS from China = 3 days shipping to Illinois USA. Amazing!!

Last edited:
well im calling my relative who works on the sacramento governmnet he is the Best lawyer in town. i will not tolerate this thing. Even though its a small dollar, yet the time i spent waiting can't be replaced. I will just ask scopeguy to keep his copy of the PO so i can sue USPS for them to have a wake up call. I just read a Law regarding the US Postal and its services. So I will call their attention..

For some reason, I don't think that you will phase USPS or the government at all, but it's worth a shot...I guess

The problem isn't the USPS, they only have control of packages until they leave the USA, once they leave the USA, they are in the hand of the recipient countries postal system and that is where most of this stuff gets lost or stolen.

It's a bad idea to ship or request to have packages shipped internationally by 1st class or flat rate priority mail as neither of these services can be traced/ tracked after they leave the USA. !st class might be trackable to some degree if insurance is purchased, depending on the country.
Flat rate priority international cannot be insured or tracked at all, expect for the fact that if you try tracking the customs/ tracking number it will show that the package was accepted, but no progress beyond that and if it gets lost, you can only wait.
I no longer ship anything going outside the USA by flat rate priority; it has to go by regular priority, express mail or flat rate express envelope as these are all insureable and traceable.
I bet many of you didn't know it, but guess how priority and express packages fly overseas...they are on a Fedex plane with all those fedex packages.. The post office sub-contracts all of it out to fedex and fedex also fly the domestic express mail. No doubt fedex and UPS are more reliable, but it comes at a much higher shipping cost.

Basicly if UPS is an option, Always take it. It's worth the hassel/extra money and their tracking system is by far 10x better than USPS. Plus, when you ship to other countries, it stays in the UPS system and it is still trackable.:)

FYI: I don't work for UPS. :) I am just a big fan of them for I have never had a problem with them. Also...Shipping through UPS usually gets things through customs in less than a day.:) (MY own personal Experience)

just an FYI

this isnt usps's fault.
usps only handles packages in the us once it goes over seas it gets taken by your postal service.

like when shipping to china ems does the second half.

Sorry, I just read your first post again, and I have to agree with what others are saying. This time, it isn't USPS fault. Once it leaves the USA it's out of their hands.

I've had far many more problems with UPS than USPS. UPS packages have arrived battered, broken, smashed, and destroyed.

When my argon laser arrived they had managed to not only squash the box, but DENT the power supply! It's amazing the tube even still works (these small uniphase argons are about as tough as they come)

Yet I've never had a box handled by USPS battered nearly as bad. Losses DO happen and that's why insurance is a good thing. But dang, UPS really does not treat their packages well.

k1kb0t

Have USPS deliver your GITD sheets from Yobersal. :banghead:

Jon

just an FYI

this isnt usps's fault.
usps only handles packages in the us once it goes over seas it gets taken by your postal service.

like when shipping to china ems does the second half.

FYI.. here in the philippines i work as a Military Research Team, so i got access to our customs and post office, they know that if they steal my letters they will get investigated.. But i called the central post office they said No letter or packaged had arrived. I even talked to the Director In-charge.

Basicly if UPS is an option, Always take it.

I cringe every time I see those UPS 4 wheel turds in front of my place. I've had holes in my boxes, damaged merchandise, signature required articles left on my doorstep, etc. Heck, they once left a shotgun on my doorstep to soak in the rain for 2 weeks; funny thing is, they're one of the only parcel services that are allowed to deliver firearms. All in all, UPS is one of the worst options out there, they can burn in hell for all I care...

It's sad, but when the package is worth $20-$25 and the only way to get it there for sure is to pay another $29, well dammed if you do and if you don't! Still I am sorry, and in the end, we all lose on these things. -Glenn