Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MUST Read *BEFORE* You Can Post in the Buy/Sell/Trade Board

Re: CHANGES to the Buy/Sell/Trade Board

Wasn't getting on the defense at all, actually, merely thinking out loud, trying to figure out what caused the judgement that you've made of me (which was correct, ofcourse, when I think back). And I don't really think it's passion that was in play, and I certanly never did say you outgrow it - you grow into it. What you grow out of, though, is stuborness. That's what I was refering to actually, not character traits - they are not up for debate, and cannot be changed, only accepted.

But back to the topic at hand, I'd also vote for Phi if a winner wasn't already chosen - doesn't say anywhere. He did say he'd be cool with it, up there.

My vote for moderator goes to Blord if he wants to ;) He's a great guy!

Greetings,,

glad to see the changes, anything to help cut the crap. reports help a lot i'm sure, and the more passionate ones report.

Right, missed that part :p

As far as European members go, I think Blord would make a great Moderator.

Agreed. I see Blord as a member who is not notorious for outbursts or putting an unreasonable amount of opinion into his posts.

Also, would this give the Mods the power to edit the post to bring to posting standards.

And one last thing. Would the mods then have to wait before jumping on a deal? Because if they see something they really really like and its at a good price I'm sure some may be tempted to get a pre-post chance at buying it.

I'm not accusing anyone at all as I'm sure Dave and the other Mods chosen are all really easy going and just as happy to see someone else get a nice deal as when they themselves score a nice buy.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02 and I am glad to see something like this is being tested! There have been a lot of spammers and it'll be nice to have a cleaner section!

I'm pretty sure the Mods have their list of qualifiers.

About the Mods having first dibs. Sure, why not. They are doing all the work. Plus they all have a pile of lasers. Their "deal" is not the same as ours. So I dont think that will be a major issue.

I think this will be a big positive for the forum. :beer:

Blord

I see that some members nominate me as a mod. I feel honoured that you think so about me. To be a mod one must be open-minded and take the passion out of the discussion. In others words sometimes you have to make harsh decisions that not everybody likes. I am not such guy. Tough decisions will eventually have a back slash on me. And English isn't my first language. I can't take long discussions if things goes out of hand. Well if this was a Dutch forum I am gladly take the job.
But for now thanks but no thanks. :)

I see that some members nominate me as a mod. I feel honoured that you think so about me. To be a mod one must be open-minded and take the passion out of the discussion. In others words sometimes you have to make harsh decisions that not everybody likes. I am not such guy. Tough decisions will eventually have a back slash on me. And English isn't my first language. I can't take long discussions if things goes out of hand. Well if this was a Dutch forum I am gladly take the job.
Weird statement in a post with absolutely NO grammatical or spelling errors, and very nice sentence structure.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that whoever is picked, will do a very good job. It's only one board to moderate, after all.

But for now thanks but no thanks.
:)

I can understand your hesitation and I agree with your language
logic...:beer:

Jerry

daguin

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that whoever is picked, will do a very good job. It's only one board to moderate, after all.

We are not really looking for a "specialty" moderator

Other things must also be dealt with while the rest of us stagger around in a drunken stupor ;)

Peace,
dave

Then I must have mistunderstood - so you're just looking for a new moderator?

Also, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that phrase.

Blord

Weird statement in a post with absolutely NO grammatical or spelling errors, and very nice sentence structure.

I use the Firefox in-line spelling checker. Without it I am a fish in a desert. :)

ARG

English may not be your first language, but your grammar and spelling is better than some people who have English as their native language.

I see a lot of members worrying about their English. I've even had PMs from people who are afraid to speak in the open forum because their English is not good.

Some of us may be grammar Nazis, but its only directed to members who know how to speak correct English, but are to lazy to write it correctly.

Believe me when I tell you that no cares if your English is bad if you're from a country where English is not you first language. You dont need to use perfect English to communicate here.