Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Multiline Argon laser cheap! Michican, USA

On another note-I am getting 5 lines from mine at idle, and 6 at full power...but I have seen a seventh, in between the farthest violet and the one down-where there's a sort of "empty space", compared to the spacing of the rest of the lines. I'm guessing this was once an 8 line, since there are these spaces/voids between the outermost lines and one in from each. so it goes

l l l l l l

any way to get the other one, or hopefully, two, lines to come in? Or is it just my tube is past its prime, and can no longer produce them?

Usually the less lines you get the older the tube is, general rule. But not always. Sometimes it can also depend on the company, mirrors, tube fill, etc.

But with all ours being the exact same model it is probably the case.

I get 6 on one of mine and 7 on the other one. My Lasos gets 8.

But in any case if you are getting 6 lines if you don't run it all the time, it will probably last you years and years.

Just remember to run it at least every 3-6 months for a couple hours to keep it happy.

Last edited:

@hwang-I think i told you the wrong name of the plug, what you would actually need is a NEMA 5-15 to NEMA 5-20 adapter. link. you will want the second one down...

Last edited:
I normally solder, heatshrink, then electrical tape around them individually, and then tape around the whole bundle.

Wiring a big deal no matter how cheap it is. A cheap laser can still burn your house down.

Well I just bought this: Adapter NEMA 5-15 Plug to NEMA 5-20 Connector Part # 50301 - E-String 50ft. BLACK Six Outlet Extension Cord Black 50112BA

That should remove any splicing issues, and as far as I can tell, supports 15A, so there shouldn't be any problem right?

Yeah you'll be fine with that, although I would've just gone down to the local hardware store and bought a replacement 15A plug for half the cost and lopped the 20A plug off the laser.

PS: bloompyle is gonna be pissed that you won that ALC60X :crackup: hooked already are we?

Last edited:
Yeah you'll be fine with that, although I would've just gone down to the local hardware store and bought a replacement 15A plug for half the cost and lopped the 20A plug off the laser.

PS: bloompyle is gonna be pissed that you won that ALC60X :crackup: hooked already are we?

I intentionally passed on it. Wasn't willing to gamble on it :p

What are some possible issues with the Argon if an Oudin coil won't start it up, but it ticks (so most likely not a PSU problem)?

Last edited:
May be a dead tube if it won't start from the ignition pulse or with the HV from a Oudin coil.