Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Moving to new forum system, vbulletin, soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hi all,

soon we will be moving to vbulletin forum system to add new feature to LPF and improve performance all around

i had to many issues upgrading to new version of yabb so going to give this a shot

the yabb forum will remain here until vbulletin is thorougly tested... testing is available of new site now! the import was a success so far... i was working on this all weekend

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/index.php

*** members must use forgot password feature to request a new password in order to log in to new forum ***
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/login.php?do=lostpw
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

please spread the word...

email me with any problems at atarasov   ..at ..  hushmail.com

i will be working on this for the remainder of the weekend, almost non stop

features needing most testing:::
file uploads
viewing attachments
general posting,
private messing

BTW , in the future we will have more skins for vbulletin!! but this is just what we have for now:

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/index.php

i am entitled to a free skin at http://www.vbskinworks.com/index.php

members, please make a test poll in the new forum about the free skin you want and i will make it a goal to set that up soon!!!

best regards,

-avery

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
please try making new posts on the new forum... i don't want to need to redo the import of data b/c that would take an entire new day

instead please just try to do stuff on the new site and let fellow members know about the changes

thanks!!

-ave

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
vbulletin should have an amazingly better search feature, please test that out too=)

ixfd64

Last edited:
I might just say goodbye to LPF...

I hear you, but I would suggest that you give it a little more time. I'm sure c0ld and company will have the major bugs worked out shortly. Also, if you don't like the skin, you can always use the default blue vBulletin skin which makes it look like PhotonLexicon.

I only wish we had some advanced notice changes were coming. Not even sure how many days back my old PMs didn't get through. Changing boards is a bit, much just give it time also please increase the font size just a bit.

Yea I think I'll definately stick around, I just tried looking around and I'm already starting to get used to it. maybe c0ld could give everybody there rep points back somehow? I think that would help keep people on LPF

Krutz

ok, this is no fun for me. i just came back from some weeks lpf abstinence, to find everything in "ruins", or, as others name it, "new". with no warning whatsoever, no mail or global message. if that doesnt generate an admin mail, what then?
i'm no reputationwhore. others will be much more annoyed than me about losing their points.
but, what the heck? my favorites and notifications are gone? am i the only one who kept the interesting threads as favorites, and once the 20 favorites limit is reached, put notifications on for the threads? that was quite timeintensive! like looking through more-or-less *all* threads ever written, and collect the interesting ones!
ok, since i'm not ready to leave lpf right away:
-any way to log in to the old forum version?
-there are subscriptions here too, at least. whats the limit? (if a limit is needed, what i cant understand actually)

..anyway, my first anger is over already.. so, i guess.. thanks, avery!

manuel

I wish i woulda seen a little notice before hand. but im good. everything has to change at one point or another to keep it going and to keep up with current tech/programming.

Last edited:

shadowvale

Administrator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Krutz, please understand we had to do this change ASAP

there was no choice --- the old system could not handle the amount of data

we needed to change and i spent 30hrs this weekend working straight to get this done, to essential make sure the forum can keep going

yes , some data is lost, but that is the nature of forum conversions

everything that could have been kept has been

Looks OK to me. I figured how to get it running and I don't care about rep points. Rep points are for insecure people as far as I can see. Put yourselves above all that and focus on the science.

Mike

Oh well, it's ok for me too, just the time to learn how to "use" the new Forum.
Just one question: in the "old" messages an annexed picture was automatically visible in the message, while now it remains as an annexed file .jpg name only...; what I have to do to correct/modify the old message just to show again the picture inside it?

Franco

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.