Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Most effective dating websites (NOT Spam)

Which do you think is the best dating website?

• Match.com

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Zoosk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plenty of Fish

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • eHarmony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK Cupid

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Already in a relationship

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Have never used one, and wouldn't consider it

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Have never used one, but would consider it

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
I used OK cupid for same seqs searches. It works just fine. But break out the money if you want to get anywhere with any of these sites. Otherwise you will just be frustrated.

Animal studies place the number of homo***ual species members, in so far as mammals are concerned at around 5-15%.

I expect this number is greater with us due to the inherent plasticity to behavior that self awareness imparts. Kinsey's work kind of opened the door to it, but quite a bit of follow up exists to show that ***uality is not at all cut and dry.

Those sites are for gay relationships. A straight person cannot use them. Honestly I don't see how you don't get that. :thinking:

Question was on most effective online dating sites, not orientation.

What I was getting at, these, Match and OK Cupid sites cover everyone so they can cast a wider net for you

Oh they could. The results just may not be as desired :p
Depends on what you put in your profile, preferences, age,gender,hobbies etc. The more questions you answer, the better the match should be. And please post decent pictures on these sites. A lot of people post pictures from twenty years prior. Now I am referring to true dating sites, not Grindr or Adam4adam. Those are "hook up" sites. I tried using Match and know someone using plenty of fish. Both are a waste of time and money

I went on a date a few months ago with a woman from Chicago, she ranted on about how she was anti-gun etc. etc. I drifted off thinking about how I forgot to renewal my NRA membership the time before.
Suffice to say we were NOT on the same wavelength. Nano meters apart. Never a second date.

My friends have luck on Tinder and plenty of fish but I think those typically are hook up sites but once and a while they generate a long term relationship.

IMO opening up a thread about gender preferences here would create drama that would spill over to other unrelated threads.

Might as well offer some good times from my dating experiences, hope you get a chuckle or two.

I went out with a girl I met at a nightclub.
As a first date we drove to Fernie to go skiing, she did 160km/h the whole way there on icy roads while texting constantly.
Later, she was showing pics of her youth (we stayed at her friend's place) but every time I got near her she angled away from me.
Her friends actually warned me away from dating her (for my protection...), apparently she had emotional issues and couldn't handle touch.
Had a blast skiing, almost died about a dozen times, and her friends were great people.

Then I went out on a date with a cute security guard from Calgary, we went to the zoo and saw the lions banging.
I made some (tame) lewd jokes which she obviously didn't find funny. About an hour later we were watching the tigers and there was this trophy wife there too. This lady was decked out, all dressed up to push a stroller around the zoo :wtf:
The girl I was with made a couple of rude remarks (looked like envy to me :tinfoil: ) and right about then the male made some odd kicking movements facing away from her.
I pulled my date back (which made her angry that I touched her) just before the big cat DOUSED the trophy wife. *cats have scent glands near their anus, big cats have big glands*
Well, I try to be polite but there is no way I can hold back laughter at this point. I was rolling around on the ground.
My date (despite saying rude things prior) wasn't pleased.
I guarantee she would have left me there had I not been the one who drove.

Then I met a great lady from the fashion program at the college, she was 26 years older than I and recently divorced. She got a ladyboner over my leather sewing machine...
We dated for 4 years, I was younger than two of her kids (telling her snotty son "yeah, well I fucked your mom" made her laugh and him kinda dislike me). Her favorite thing was ripping around on the sportbike.

Lastly I went out on a couple of dates with a teacher from Olds (I'm a sucker for punishment).
We were walking from her house and one of the first things she said was; "ugh, of course... You have a truck." Well, yeah? I work for a living woman! Too icy for the bike or the car that time of year...
Basically things went downhill from there. We went out for drinks and she had too many (then got rude). Wouldn't directly answer a question either, she treated me like a knuckle dragger.
Now, I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer but I'm an inventor, master carpenter, a cabinet maker, machinist, millwright, a welder, mechanic, etc. I can change your head gasket or have an informed political debate but because I'm not a teacher I know nothing... Okaaaay.
The second date she didn't want to do anything.
Wanted to take her out snowmobiling; Nope too scary.
Wanted to grab a bite to eat; All the restaurants in town suck.
Asked her about herself; I'm too stupid to understand her life.
...We ended up going back to her place to play scrabble. That was not a cute euphemism...

So, now I'm dating a woman 11 years older (noticing a trend yet?).
We get along like peas and carrots. She's a massage therapist, one of the kindest people I have ever met, and had a bit of a squashed self confidence from her ex husband that I have very much eliminated over the last 3 years.

I think every guy should date a much older woman at least once in their life, they have the experience to treat you with respect and appreciate it from you. They are WAY more sesually adventurous than any younger girls I have met. They have had their kids or chosen not to so there is no worry about that stuff. Their little feelings aren't so delicate so if you say something without thinking? Instead of getting pissed and creating drama they'll ask "what did you mean by that?" and you can save your stupid a$$ with a "well, THAT came out wrong" or "oh, I meant this" and all is well again.
They also seems like they are more complete. I like a self confident woman, even if I have to push her to impress herself.
Among a few dozen other things, my current girlfriend built a career in the last 2 years. Sometimes I had to boot her butt but she did it herself and now she gets to own that. The change has been beautiful.

Well, I guess now I'm rambling. Hope you enjoyed some of my experiences.

P.S. - This one also enjoys the new sportbike. I can't get her to stop touching the ground on deep corners :rolleyes:

...she treated me like a knuckle dragger.
Now, I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer but I'm an inventor, master carpenter, a cabinet maker, machinist, millwright, a welder, mechanic, etc.
Cheers to that^
Here are some common lines I come across:

Girl: "..oh you're a welder?, I knew a welder once, he was an a**hole!"
Me: "I know I have a blue collar but I really am quite diverse. Socioeconomics, chemistry, fine wine, backpacking to foreign countries, yoga, snowboarding, avid reader..."

Girl: "welder- dirty, drunk, bum, no money, never home, liar."

Me: "I am settled down in one spot, I do weld but I working with hazardous chemicals in a clean room. My work is a specialty niche"

Girl "construction worker"

Though, I do have a bad habit of dating Young liberal feminist writers..need to break that cycle.
I should probably try online dating but I refuse to subject myself to a swipe yay or nay. (How do you online daters feel about that? Just me?")

AUTO, i should Leave the comment in the appropriate thread but I was a big fan of the scuba propelled motors you built. If I didn't Rep you in that thread I would have here.

DWU

Last edited:
None of the above... from the ones listed I'd go with okcupid.

I date a lot of girls from Yelp. Im very fortunate to make a decent living and travel for work. I know what I'm gonna say next may be shallow and it's just my theory. With all my check ins all over the US and abroad, girls see that and it attracts them. I've never met so many girls from online I have from yelp.

AUTO, i should Leave the comment in the appropriate thread but I was a big fan of the scuba propelled motors you built. If I didn't Rep you in that thread I would have here.

Thanks buddy, there was a LOT of great help from members here.
Next setup is already in the works, I've been testing brushless motors underwater and modifying airplane props to get max efficiency.
One problem was with maneuverability, then next pack will be two separate systems for redundancy.
Batteries, ESCs, and controller on the thigh, props down near the ankles.
I'm still trying to get up on step, it's the only way to make good time :na:

i would use none i like to talk to people in person, 90% of all this webpage ask for money and at the end the girl could be a man hahahah :crackup:
/ why is laserpointerforums.com not on the list :na:

Last edited:

GSS

i would use none i like to talk to people in person, 90% of all this webpage ask for money and at the end the girl could be a man hahahah :crackup:
/ why is laserpointerforums.com not on the list :na:
Alien just have to ask, Did That Happen To You.:crackup:

lol no when i was working in the university i walked in a building in office's and i talked to a boy and i saw a lot of pictures in the office so i ask is this your sister the man replayed no this is me am like what !! she was so pretty on the picture's, so i met a girl in the hallway am like hi and she told me she is a man,i could tell by the hand two what a handshake huh i will never forget, the building was you get the picture so every time i worked in the building i never ask again hahaha :can: , i only worked tare when 1 friend called sick haha

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS