Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Modwerx 1w vs Hightechdealz 1w 445nm?

it has nothing to do with temper TJ.. im just not scared to speak my mind. i never have been.. you should know that as long as youve been here.. ;)

folks like you are the reason i stay open.. thanks!

it never ceases to amaze me at how adults can whine about stuff like a 12yr old child.. do you guys just fail to grow up or do you lead that sad of a life all you can do is sit around and whine about prices?

not a problem but do me a favor and get some more 12x in stock:angel:

not a problem but do me a favor and get some more 12x in stock:angel:

im trying to atm.. the supplier ran out of them for a while and i can never catch them online.. emails are a little too much of a hassle when your placing a 1k$ order..

im trying to atm.. the supplier ran out of them for a while and i can never catch them online.. emails are a little too much of a hassle when your placing a 1k$ order..

sweet...glad our trying:evil: $1k in sleds your getting allot:yh::yh::yh:

Last edited:

DTR

Please do get some 405's back in stock. It was very convenient to get 12X from you instead of waiting several weeks from china. And you got them to me fast.:beer:

True that. Maybe you should take a break from it all. It does help.

believe me there are times when i need a break.. i only close for emergencies b/c i have no one else around with enough common sense to fill in for me while i take a break..

i sent them an email to see if i can hurry up the process of getting the 12x back in stock.. not sure when theyll reply though..

Please do get some 405's back in stock. It was very convenient to get 12X from you instead of waiting several weeks from china. And you got them to me fast.:beer:

exactly that's why i buy from him he ships it the next day and since i always choose priority its at my door in like 2 days:san:

.... uhhh BACK ON TOPIC, ahahahahaha

Anywayyys, most 1W diodes are the same in this forum, unless specified. There are TWO flavors that you may like.

Both do come from a CASI-oh- ( <<< why do I see people not printing the full name? well I think im in the trend too...) projector, the A140 and the A130.

There has been some significant debate over how much power and potential each one has, but they are BOTH rated ONE WATT. In short, you could say they are the same, but in terms of cost, thats mostly where the difference is. The only other option you may want to consider is the

of the sellers who are selling the diode.

(ahem, corporate arguements are NOT cool for new members and/or noobs. they gotta learn!)

is basically the second thing you may want to consider. I dont want to spill more gas on the fire going on with the ongoing arguement, so I will say that you should do research on each of the suppliers you may want to consider.

if you want a REALLY REALLY long diode life, run it at less than 600ma, that basically means life = near infinite. you will never see it die under NORMAL operation. 1.1-1.2 amps will probably give you the standard lifetime of about 5000+ hours, although it has been run at around 2 amps, which is not conventional. Im planning to run mine at 400ma-1A adjustable!

Also the better the heatsinking, the longer it will last. Short duty cycles (on/off ratio) will also extend the life of your diode.

Hope this helps a bunch, enjoy your visit furry,

Iso.

Last edited:

jakeGT

I thought Kiyoukan was the dude who sold a bunch of people lasers and never sent them? Or am I mistaken?

I got mine from kiyoukan. He just started a GB and didn't realize it would be that much work. I thought about doing a few GBs once, but I'm glad I don't.

IIRC, TJ bought a diode from kiyoukan too.

Hearsay is how people's reputations go down the drain.

Also, this thread is in the wrong forum. Not that it matters, it's been derailed so badly.

also i have one question, has anyone bought from andrew kibler? i have bought from him two drivers, but its been 11 days and hes already charged my card but hasn't shipped. what should i do? i have sent him a couple emails too.

also i have one question, has anyone bought from andrew kibler? i have bought from him two drivers, but its been 11 days and hes already charged my card but hasn't shipped. what should i do? i have sent him a couple emails too.

Yeah, I have. He ships p fast. You live in Hawaii though, so there's that...