Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mini-review 50mW Green module from Fasttech

Pman

Don't know if you could do it or not Wannaburn... Wouldn't want you to mess up the new one if it is worth something to you. You could always try removing the bad module and then decide from how that goes whether to take it any further. Might be just a waste of time or a bunch of frustration though:(
The most likely chance of me messing up a module is playing with the pot too much. Sure would be nice if they weren't so sensitive. I don't try to adjust them anymore with power applied. Since I started turning off the power supply before tweaking the pot I haven't killed any. Sure killed a few before doing that though. Keep telling myself to make a plastic screwdriver so there's no chance of shorting the pot but haven't gotten around to it. Anyone know where you can buy a set of mini screwdrivers that are plastic?

Pman

Look back starting a few pages ago where I show my testing on all of their 5mw modules:) They are all overspec and have <10% IR
Yes, it's FDA issues and they no longer sell those 50mw ones. All the info. of my findings are in these pages.

Laik

Pman has reviewd 5 of thos, 3 of the 5V modules and 1 of the violet modules. He showed all of the builds he did with them as well :) It's in this thread somewhere...

EDIT: Pman beat me to it....

Last edited:

Laik

Thanks :) Yes those were the ones after fasttech changed their names to 5mW.

Pman

You are welcome. They are good enough that I bought quite a few more and have built many a unit;)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I just ordered a couple of them to test. I'll report back with results when they arrive. :beer:

Pman

Fine with me awillis:) Not asking you to do it! I think I would only mess with it if it was <100mw. Have to see when I get mine but like I said, it looks like shipping is really slow with them. Betting I get all 5 of my orders from Fasttech a week before I get this module.

ruansoh3 you should try to find the time to go back through and read the discussions about everything that has been tested. There's a ton of good information there that may surprise you and help with good decision making. For instance, If you read back through the posts you will find that the 5V modules are really just rated for up to 5V but run the same as the 3V ones (gives many more options than the 3V ones for some interesting builds). From what I've seen with them personally, the 5V ones tend to have a bit more output than the 3V ones. They are slightly longer than the 3V ones though.

We are all pitching in to try and find good consistent deals on quality modules and reporting our findings for the benefit of all. No matter how you slice it, 532nm is a very impressive wavelength for the price.

Last edited:

Pman

Yeah, I had ordered 1 of each of the camo ones and a red one to test yesterday:) Have a couple of the silver ones coming today to report on.

Pman

A few pics of 3 units I just finished. The one with the bigger head I had saved the head from a maglite and had initialed it a long time ago. Still working on polishing.

Also, got 2 of the Fasttech silver pens and both are strong (between 80-92mw with less than 10%IR) so they are highly recommended. Looking forward to the camo and red ones that are coming.
Every one of these can take a star cap
m7op.jpg

avqh.jpg

m1ao.jpg

Last edited: